Studio Ghibli RP

Channelknight Fadran

The Setting, ctnd  

13 members have voted

1. 1. The Final Decision

• Laputa-era war, with wizards wielding powerful crystal magic and taking over the world in the name of their Castle in the Sky
    • Steampunk-era war, with nations all over yeeting wizards and bombs at their enemies
    • Spirit-era war, with spirits and humans finally deciding that they hate each others' guts enough that death is the only solution

Josten nodded, a sort of melancholy sadness finding its way onto his face. "It's not bad, that's for sure." It does get a bit lonely, though. The memory of him floated through his mind. He forced it out. "Anyways, I think I'm good to take you somewhere else now, if you'd like."

Edited by DramaQueen

Coniffine smiled. "What else child? Battle."

Digging the tip of her cane into the dirt Coniffine felt the seeds freshly burried in the earth. She felt the magic laden inside of them, and touched it with hers. The seeds began to sprout, then grow. Shoots roze from the ground, as roots began to dig into it. Soon a small grove of trees had sprung up in front of her.

Several humanoid forms dropped from the trees, made entirely of citrus fruits. The newly formed soldiers quickly oriented themselves and began to run towards the fighting.

Ryker clutched his pistol in his white knuckled hands, dreading the fight that might happen. “I detest violence,” he thought to himself. “Maybe if I don’t move, then they’ll go away.” 

His blood turned to ice when he heard shouting downstairs; but the shouting wasn’t alerting others of his presence.

“To your battle stations you pathetic (insert swear words from this world)s!” A stranger screamed downstairs. “We’re under attack! Move it!” 

Ryker relaxed once the clomping of boots all went up or down the stairs leaving his floor undisturbed, and him undiscovered. 

He started to creep closer to one of the oak doors when the shaking started. The whole fortress seamed about ready to shake itself to pieces.

Ryker stumbled around trying to grab one of the walls and failed. He fell to the ground, as mortar chips rained down in a cloud of dust.

@Eluvianii, anyone in the tower, and @Channelknight Fadran

What is causing the shaking?

"What the heck is that?" Tina shrieked, grabbing onto the tree to stay upright.

"KEEP MOVING!"

Men charged, screaming. The earth beneath them erupted, spewing dirt about in massive waves, tossing them about like little toy soldiers.

In the distance, the castle's windows began beaming red. The gate loomed in the distance, warping in the sudden light like a beast's maw. Crows from all over started cawing in sync, swiling above in a storm of feathers. Fire on the braziers leapt up, roaring in one grand, cacophanous voice.

The roots of the castle burst from the ground, waving and slashing through the air. Each vine was like a pillar of stone, green and leafy all over. They smashed into the ground, swept across the earth, reached and grabbed--hurling soldiers left and right all the while.

Randy walked through the halls and stairs. Everything was in a state of disarray, people running around, making calls. There was a lot of noise coming from a series of pipes running along the ceiling. There would be small cylinders traveling inside at great speed, each one containing a report, or an important document. Not a single conference room was unoccupied, and the tension seemed to be growing.

Foot soldiers and pilots alike were coming in and out. Randy was just one more in the crowd, which served him just fine. Hopefully he'd manage to do what he came to do and get out without anyone asking questions. That way he'd only get in trouble for leaving his assignment, which was still really bad, but more manageable. He went up, to the less crowded floors. Most of the action was happening on the ground floor. It was more likely for a spy to go up there.

As he was climbing through the stairs he heard a thunderous noise shake the fortress, like something big had hit the outer wall. After that first hit the noise didn't stop. The rush downstairs turned into utter chaos, orders were shouted, soldiers were moving. Non-fighters were still doing their job for the most part but some were breaking down in fear. They were probably trained for this but hadn't actually lived through an attack.

Randy had, unfortunately. And so before he had time to make a choice he was moving back downstairs, to help. It felt hypocritical of him, leaving his post like it was nothing but rushing to help when people were at risk of getting hurt in front of him. Things wouldn't be so easy however. Halfway through the stairs he felt the ground starting to shake, and he clung to the railing in surprise. There was no way his plane would be able to take off like that. Whatever help he may provide would have to be on land.

And so, he decided to keep going up, to the roof, so he could take a look and see exactly what they were facing.

So we officially have people on both sides? That should be fun.

Edited by Eluvianii

22 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

Josten nodded, a sort of melancholy sadness finding its way onto his face. "It's not bad, that's for sure." It does get a bit lonely, though. The memory of him floated through his mind. He forced it out. "Anyways, I think I'm good to take you somewhere else now, if you'd like."

"Yes." Rima frowned, then decided she owed this man some politeness. "...Thank you."

"You're gonna have to hold on to me, not just my clothes."

@Fallapede

No one I interact with has been responding...

Tani in Zvso, Fadran hasn't responded on Greatowl very regularly, and then here, too.

Guys, I actually have time for this, and now all of a sudden no one else does??

:((

(I'm not actually upset, I just think it's weird that no one's responding)

@Fallapede

Edited by DramaQueen

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2022 at 11:24 PM, Eluvianii said:

Randy walked through the halls and stairs. Everything was in a state of disarray, people running around, making calls. There was a lot of noise coming from a series of pipes running along the ceiling. There would be small cylinders traveling inside at great speed, each one containing a report, or an important document. Not a single conference room was unoccupied, and the tension seemed to be growing.

Foot soldiers and pilots alike were coming in and out. Randy was just one more in the crowd, which served him just fine. Hopefully he'd manage to do what he came to do and get out without anyone asking questions. That way he'd only get in trouble for leaving his assignment, which was still really bad, but more manageable. He went up, to the less crowded floors. Most of the action was happening on the ground floor. It was more likely for a spy to go up there.

As he was climbing through the stairs he heard a thunderous noise shake the fortress, like something big had hit the outer wall. After that first hit the noise didn't stop. The rush downstairs turned into utter chaos, orders were shouted, soldiers were moving. Non-fighters were still doing their job for the most part but some were breaking down in fear. They were probably trained for this but hadn't actually lived through an attack.

Randy had, unfortunately. And so before he had time to make a choice he was moving back downstairs, to help. It felt hypocritical of him, leaving his post like it was nothing but rushing to help when people were at risk of getting hurt in front of him. Things wouldn't be so easy however. Halfway through the stairs he felt the ground starting to shake, and he clung to the railing in surprise. There was no way his plane would be able to take off like that. Whatever help he may provide would have to be on land.

And so, he decided to keep going up, to the roof, so he could take a look and see exactly what they were facing.

Ryker picked himself off the ground and started to dust off his clothes. “You’d think that the occupants of this fortress would be more considerate to those trying to rob them.” He grumbled as the the shaking calmed to a weak vibrating. 

He scrambled from door to door trying to find one that was unlocked. It was no use. They were all locked and he would have to try and pick them.

“Could you stop with the shaking you stupid building!” Ryker half shouted half whispered. “It’s making it really hard to pick these locks!” 

As if in protest of his complaints, a loud boom sounded, and a huge tremor shook the tower.

“No!” Ryker shouted as his lock pick snapped. “You (insert world’s expletives here)!” He kicked the door in a rage, and the door swung open… 

Revealing a broom closet. “Oh, (insert world’s expletives here)!” Ryker swore. “You open up after my tools are broken, and it’s a broom closet!” He shouted. “Who locks a (insert world’s expletives here) broom closet!?!?” 

He kicked his broken picks across the floor, and they bounced off the opposite wall with a faint tinkling sound. 

Ryker slumped down and sighed in defeat; however, he immediately jumped back to his feet with a jolt. He could hear someone running up the stairs. @Eluvianii