Late Introduction

Lost

This is a late introduction because I joined back on April 9th but haven't been active since then. I spent roughly three days trying to figure out a clever screen name and as you can see, I lost because I'm Lost. 

So now what do I say? I'm a Brandon Sanderson fan, but that's obvious. I'm also an aspiring writer which is different from an aspiring author because an aspiring author writes. It's a fine line to walk and I manage to do it with all of the grace of a two-legged horse. I've joined to stay updated on Brandon's writing, learn more about the Cosmere and what books I should read next, and maybe even find a spot where I can (eventually) share some of my writing. 

I'm currently reading Proven Guilty by Jim Butcher (I'll probably always have a Dresden book on my 'currently reading' list until I finish the series) and I Am Not A Serial Killer by Dan Wells. I usually have three books going at a time but I'm currently only reading these two. I'm also looking to read more non-fiction, mostly about history, psychology, and philosophy mixed with the occasional biography. 

This is typically the point in an introduction where I would encourage you to ask me questions if you want to learn more about me but that's boring. Instead, if you welcome me to the community, you should do so while naming a few of your favorite books (because I would never be so cruel as to ask someone to just pick one).

4 hours ago, Lost said:

This is a late introduction because I joined back on April 9th but haven't been active since then. I spent roughly three days trying to figure out a clever screen name and as you can see, I lost because I'm Lost. 

So now what do I say? I'm a Brandon Sanderson fan, but that's obvious. I'm also an aspiring writer which is different from an aspiring author because an aspiring author writes. It's a fine line to walk and I manage to do it with all of the grace of a two-legged horse. I've joined to stay updated on Brandon's writing, learn more about the Cosmere and what books I should read next, and maybe even find a spot where I can (eventually) share some of my writing. 

I'm currently reading Proven Guilty by Jim Butcher (I'll probably always have a Dresden book on my 'currently reading' list until I finish the series) and I Am Not A Serial Killer by Dan Wells. I usually have three books going at a time but I'm currently only reading these two. I'm also looking to read more non-fiction, mostly about history, psychology, and philosophy mixed with the occasional biography. 

This is typically the point in an introduction where I would encourage you to ask me questions if you want to learn more about me but that's boring. Instead, if you welcome me to the community, you should do so while naming a few of your favorite books (because I would never be so cruel as to ask someone to just pick one).

Welcome to the shard, always glad to see more sanderson fans and aspiring writers. Hope you are enjoying the dresden files, haven't done a reread of those in ages but it's a pretty good series. 

Welcome hope you love your time here(✿^‿^)

Wait you read I'm not a serial killer       \(°o°)/ and wow.

Edited by Oreo made of cheese
Because.

Thank you all for the welcome. I'm not sure where to start but I'm sure I'll find my way around. I'll see you all out there.

4 hours ago, Morningtide said:

Welcome to the shard! What's your favorite Shardworld?

So far, I've only read the Mistborn series and the Stormlight Archive but considering I've read each book at least three times (six times for The Way of Kings), I'd have to say that Roshar is my favorite. The Way of Kings was my introduction to Brandon Sanderson before I even knew that the Cosmere was a thing. I'm the sort of person who appreciates a slow pace, even a crawl, and am usually more interested in what is going on in the war room than I am in the war. I like a good action scene as much as the next person and sometimes I'm even in the mood for more action and less story, but I am much more interested in the politics of the action than the action itself.

And a slightly late welcome as well :P Hello, @Lost! I like your introduction. Welcome to the Shard!

Hmm... It would take too long to list all the books I love. Favourite authors include Pratchett, Bujold, Gaiman, and of course Sanderson. I've also been watching more television recently.

19 hours ago, Robin Sedai said:

And a slightly late welcome as well :P Hello, @Lost! I like your introduction. Welcome to the Shard!

Hmm... It would take too long to list all the books I love. Favourite authors include Pratchett, Bujold, Gaiman, and of course Sanderson. I've also been watching more television recently.

I understand that art, in general, is very subjective when it comes to judging quality and that someone could adore the writing style of an author whom I find positively dull. However, if you're a fantasy reader and can't at least recognize why Pratchett is a master of the genre, do you even have a soul? But seriously, I love that man's work and I haven't even read all of Discworld. Even as an adult (allegedly), I'm a bit of a class clown at heart and there is something special about being able to make fun of something someone loves in a way that makes them feel like you're in on the joke and not just mocking them.

12 hours ago, Tani said:

I really like your screen name.

You clearly have excellent taste. Thank you.

On 4/15/2022 at 8:22 AM, Lost said:

Instead, if you welcome me to the community, you should do so while naming a few of your favorite books (because I would never be so cruel as to ask someone to just pick one).

My favorite book I've read so far is Scary Stories for Young Foxes by Christian McKay Heidicker. My favorite Cosmere book is Elantris (because nostalgia.) My favorite Discworld book is all-the-ones-ive-read-because-theyre-awesome. I apologise for not answering you earlier.

Welcome to the Shard, Lost! I hope you have fun here.