Mistborn Murder Mystery One Shot

TheWanderer

So, I have had a vague idea for a murder mystery one shot amongst a high class Elendel dinner for awhile. The players could be various individuals either of the same house (but different standings), various nobility, or wealthy merchants (or family members of them). A wealthy lord descended from the lord mistborn himself is having an overnight social to decide where to invest some of their assets. Only for him to not appear at dinner and be mysteriously murdered. Basically want my players to play detective and hopefully learn more about the magic systems (Alas I have yet to convince them to really get into the cosmere). 

Thoughts, advice, etc? Any comments are welcome to those who feel inclined to share. Thank you in advance for engaging with the topic.

Ooooo this is a great idea.

I'm doing something similar with Stormlight, but it's a more long term campaign, not a one shot.

My thoughts, are before you even think about detailing the plot, figure out how you can translate the Metallic Arts into DND.

1 hour ago, Doomslug The Destroyer said:

Ooooo this is a great idea.

I'm doing something similar with Stormlight, but it's a more long term campaign, not a one shot.

My thoughts, are before you even think about detailing the plot, figure out how you can translate the Metallic Arts into DND.

Curious how that would work given we sadly did not get a stormlight ttrpg. So far I was just planning to use the mistborn ttrpg for this. My vaguest notion of the guests are still being formed but I may make the murderer a steelrunner so that their seemingly ironclad alibi doesn't actually protect them.