When will the Rock novella come out?

Vin(Diesel)

Soon! But also....

i-call-all-times-soon.jpeg

JK. I do not think there is a date yet and if I recall Brandon kinda mentioned this in a livestream just saying something along the lines "you will eventually find out what Rock was up to" when referring to SP4. So nothing definitive as far as timing. I am hoping it will be similar to Edgedancer or Dawnshard and he writes it between draft revisions of SA5 but that is wishful thinking. I think there may be a better chance for this if the SA5 release dates gets pushed a bit as he has warned. 

Edited by StormingTexan

Last I recall it was intended to be part of the eventual WoR Leatherbound Kickstarter, just like Dawnshard was for the Way of Kings one.  Given how well Kickstarter has been working for them lately, I think that's likely to remain the plan.  

1 hour ago, Vin(Diesel) said:

When will the Rock novella come out? The Coppermind doesn’t say, but given that it’s supposed to come out before Stormlight 5, a publication date seems overdue. 

A publication date before it's even been written seems premature.

On 8.4.2022 at 5:16 PM, Vin(Diesel) said:

When will the Rock novella come out? The Coppermind doesn’t say, but given that it’s supposed to come out before Stormlight 5, a publication date seems overdue. 

Dawnshard was written directly after and released a few weeks before the release of Rhythm of War. It's probably going to be similar to that. The date was not set until a few months before its release. So it's not overdue, it will be, like, at least a year until he can say anything reliable about it.