The concept for this is short story roleplay. I'll make a very short single quest idea, for instance, the first one is transporting a payload of silver across part of threnody. You come up with your player idea, something simple but dynamic without a large arc. I set up the plot and we start playing. When we're done with the first story, we go on to the next, each being very short. You could have a reoccurring character, or do a new one every time.

Here's the basic summary of the plot, then a more in depth explanation:

You have been hired! A small large shipment of silver is being transported from this very town to Boschester. It is expected to leave at the next Shaiday. Good fortune to you, and may the Shades never catch you, sincerely, Adonalsiumwillrememberourplighteventually

Spoiler

Longer explanation, you have approached the Shady Forest Shipping Company (SFSC) looking for work. Low and behold, they a have a totally not dangerous, below averagely paying job which just had some new spots conveniently opened up. They opened up because the previous occupants got promoted due to the many chances to rise the corporate ladder, not to shades. Why would you even ask that? This job involves transporting a large container of silver from the small town of Roxlynn to the Fortress City of Boschester.

If you want to join, just put a character roughly following this sheet, or a brief concept and name.

Character Sheets for Story 1:

Spoiler

Name: 

Prior Work History (Backstory):

Notable Traits (Personality and Skills):

Description or Painting for Identification Purposes Only (Description of appearances or picture):

Name: Jami P.

Prior Work History (Backstory): This is his first job! He needs work experience to put on the ol' resume, and running silver through the woods on Threnody seemed like it'd work a treat. Otherwise he has a degree in basket-weaving.

Notable Traits (Personality and Skills): Grew up in the poorer side of town, so he knows how to punch better than most folks, and while he's never actually shanked anyone with a pocketknife before, he's pretty darn sure that he could do it well.

Description or Painting for Identification Purposes Only (Description of appearances or picture): I'll make a doodle later. We'll see how that goes.

Name: Castled

Prior Work History (Backstory): Did odd jobs. Trained under a tracker. Worked as a night watch  guard, then debt collector, then other jobs. Hops from place to place.

Notable Traits (Personality and Skills): Killed his first person two weeks ago, can’t stop thinking about it. Dislikes thinking about the future. Keeps a journal of amateur poetry. Helps him cope.

Description or Painting for Identification Purposes Only (Description of appearances or picture): Average height. Very light brown skin. Drab clothing. Square face, with longish hair.

Edited by The Unknown Novel

Spoiler

Name: Jami P.

Prior Work History (Backstory): This is his first job! He needs work experience to put on the ol' resume, and running silver through the woods on Threnody seemed like it'd work a treat. Otherwise he has a degree in basket-weaving.

Notable Traits (Personality and Skills): Grew up in the poorer side of town, so he knows how to punch better than most folks, and while he's never actually shanked anyone with a pocketknife before, he's pretty darn sure that he could do it well.

Description or Painting for Identification Purposes Only (Description of appearances or picture): I'll make a doodle later. We'll see how that goes.

Spoiler

Name: Castled

Prior Work History (Backstory): Did odd jobs. Trained under a tracker. Worked as a night watch  guard, then debt collector, then other jobs. Hops from place to place.

Notable Traits (Personality and Skills): Killed his first person two weeks ago, can’t stop thinking about it. Dislikes thinking about the future. Keeps a journal of amateur poetry. Helps him cope.

Description or Painting for Identification Purposes Only (Description of appearances or picture): Average height. Very light brown skin. Drab clothing. Square face, with longish hair.

Edited by I think I am here.

I'll play on Monday-ish.

Name: Willem.

Prior Work History (Backstory): Is a shade. Answers to Willem, nobody knows why. More placid than most shades. Doesn't talk.

Notable Traits (Personality and Skills): Is a shade. Enjoys poking people with things when they're not looking for some weird reason. Helps keep other shades and dangerous individuals away. He'll forgive you for running and keep others away, he won't hurt you if you light a fire - he'll just back off a bit - but won't keep others out. However, if you ever draw the blood of another while under his protection, even if the blood never touches the air, he will hunt you to the ends of the earth and personally destroy you.

Description or Painting for Identification Purposes Only (Description of appearances or picture): Description: 5'6" shade.

Is this character acceptable?

:(

Mourning Arthur Calwayne, or as everyone who had ever met him called him, Scarred, grunted. This grunt was for a multitude of reasons. For one, his face itched. It itched most days because of his scar, for which most people called him. Well, it was what most people who met him in recent years thought he was named after. He also grunted because while he wasn't ancient, he was getting older, and his body ached. It screamed at him as he stood up and walked to the front of the carriage, where there was the ox that pulled it. He begun putting the harness and straps on the ox, thinking of the third reason he had grunted. The carriage was bound to leave soon, and none of the new hires were here yet. Hopefully Quiet would be here soon. He was the only one left after the incident. Adonalsiumwillrememberourplighteventually had told Scarred that he couldn't talk about that with the newbies. That was a mistake, they should be warned. Better to weed out those who would leave when they heard about it then to have them die. However, orders were orders, so Scarred would keep quiet. Speaking of Quiet, those steps sounded like his. Scarred turned to find it wasn't Quiet. It was one of the newbies. "Hello."

4 hours ago, The Unknown Novel said:

:(

?Why Sad?

A breeze swept through Roxlynn as Castled approached the Ox carriage. It was near the town's edge, away from the main streets and prying eyes. Tall oaks laid ominously ahead, obscuring light even in the daytime. He'd been through the Forests plenty of times, especially in the last dozen days or so, but the thought of leaving safety to venture out in Hell unnerved him even now. Still, it wasn't like he had a choice.

"This is to Boschester?" Castled asked to an older man adjusting straps. The man turned and greeted him, and Castled saw a face gnarled by a particularly vicious scar. Human, or Shade? Castled wondered, but it didn't really matter. You had to watch out for both out here.

His thoughts were interrupted by a Shade appearing in front of him, and Castled stumbled back and fell over on the dirt behind him.

35 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

A breeze swept through Roxlynn as Castled approached the Ox carriage. It was near the town's edge, away from the main streets and prying eyes. Tall oaks laid ominously ahead, obscuring light even in the daytime. He'd been through the Forests plenty of times, especially in the last dozen days or so, but the thought of leaving safety to venture out in Hell unnerved him even now. Still, it wasn't like he had a choice.

"This is to Boschester?" Castled asked to an older man adjusting straps. The man turned and greeted him, and Castled saw a face gnarled by a particularly vicious scar. Human, or Shade? Castled wondered, but it didn't really matter. You had to watch out for both out here.

His thoughts were interrupted by a Shade appearing in front of him, and Castled stumbled back and fell over on the dirt behind him.

I was jokingly responding to your comment.

Also, we're in Roxlynn, not Boschester, if you didn't know. I'll treat it as your character not knowing. 

"Willum, it's okay." Scarred stepped around the Shade and offered his hand to Castled to help him up. "This here is Roxlynn, Boschester is our destination. You're Castled, I'm presuming? Odd name, not that I can talk."

The smooth, slow pace of a forest born revealed the arrival of Quiet, who, contrary to his name, was quite a jovial talkative fellow. "Ho, fellows. Scarred. Newbie." He said, nodding.

7 hours ago, The Unknown Novel said:

The smooth, slow pace of a forest born revealed the arrival of Quiet, who, contrary to his name, was quite a jovial talkative fellow. "Ho, fellows. Scarred. Newbie." He said, nodding.

Castled took the man's hand and stood up uneasily.

"Roxlynn. Right," he said, patting his pants free of dust. He'd been jumping from place to place so quickly these past few weeks, it was a wonder he hadn't lost track of names sooner. "Boschester is the fort city, yeah? Up North?"

He watched another man approach and nodded to him as well, noticing how he called the older man Scarred. A cruel twist of fate, if that was his real name.

"Castled," he said, introducing himself to the man who'd walked in. He looked around. "Well, that makes three of us, then."

Though he was back on his feet, he still eyed the Shade behind Scarred with suspicion. So far, no one seemed worried by it. It seemed dormant... and oddly still, not wandering about as Shades often did.

"Anyone care to explain what that's doin' there, though?" he said, pointing at Willem. "I got to say, it's the first time I've ever seen anyone give a Shade a name."

Edited by I think I am here.

6 hours ago, The Unknown Novel said:

"Willum, it's okay." Scarred stepped around the Shade and offered his hand to Castled to help him up. "This here is Roxlynn, Boschester is our destination. You're Castled, I'm presuming? Odd name, not that I can talk."

Willem backed off.

9 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Castled took the man's hand and stood up uneasily.

"Roxlynn. Right," he said, patting his pants free of dust. He'd been jumping from place to place so quickly these past few weeks, it was a wonder he hadn't lost track of names sooner. "Boschester is the fort city, yeah? Up North?"

"Castled," he said, introducing himself to the man who'd walked in. He looked around. "Well, that makes three of us, then."

"Anyone care to explain what that's doin' there, though?" he said, pointing at Willem. "I got to say, it's the first time I've ever seen anyone give a Shade a name."

"There should be two more coming in. Not as many as I would like, but it will have to do."

"I didn't give it a name, one of the other member of our crew was named William, I was... telling a story about him when the Shade seemed to respond as if that was it's name. Weirdest thing I've every seen." The thing tried to protect people too, however that worked.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Novel said:

"There should be two more coming in. Not as many as I would like, but it will have to do."

"I didn't give it a name, one of the other member of our crew was named William, I was... telling a story about him when the Shade seemed to respond as if that was it's name. Weirdest thing I've every seen." The thing tried to protect people too, however that worked.

Willem turned to look at Mourning and came closer, waited a few moments as if listening, then went back to keeping the other Shades away from the caravan.

16 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Hiya!" Jami waved, smiling. "'S this the place?"

Willem stepped in front of Jami, blocking their way

Ok I cannot tell because honestly Jami could be a girl or a boy name but I think it looks a bit more like girl to me and your a boy and thats 2:2 so

What gender is Jami?

Edited by Tani