CalanoCorvus

Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

2,445 posts in this topic

"Well darn." She said, biting her lip.

Silhouette pushes a button on the table, and the game resets itself. "1-0"

Posted (edited)

She scans the table, trying to figure out the best strategy.

Edited by Random Bystander

Silhouette drops the ball down the middle and the game begins... except, the table's different now. Features form on top of the table, tiny mountains growing, chasms of lava filling in the earth, even miniscule orcs spontaneously appearing... until the board looks something like a pinball machine inspired by angry Tolkien copycat #1

Sorry guys, I gtg for a little while to pick up my brother from preschool--I'll be back in a bit. Everyone totally feel free to take over my part in the foosball game

It's fine.

I have COVID, and should probably start thinking about taking a nap.

I... may or may not be avoiding the nap by being on here...

"Okay, now that is awesome."

3 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

Random stormed into the building, wearing war paint and a bandana with a Cosmere symbol pattern on it. She cackled as she hefted her Ettmetal grenades. "MY FRIENDS! TODAY IS THE DAY IN WHICH I WILL LIBERATE YOU FROM THIS PLACE!" She yelled. "JOURNEY BEFORE DESTINATION!"

"I'm glad you put those away," The Doctor said as he appeared in a flash of Preservation Mist. "Welcome to the Facility. Liberation is discouraged. Enjoy your stay!"

"Welcome to the clinic @Random Bystander! Your room is now ready and fully equipped with a fabrinet hologram computer. We have a large library that you can explore after your game. The library has a whole section devoted to Hoid's life."

Thaidakar walked around the clinic, wondering how he should show his staffliness next.

Nameless punched Thaidakar in the face, giving him the perfect opportunity to show off his staffliness.

Thaidakar then turned Nameless into a fried vegetable in cheddar sauce. Lift immediately attacked.

Nameless countered this by becoming forgotten and ignored, causing Lift to go into catatonic shock at the friction between her ideals and her hunger.

Lift then tears themself apart and becomes Drop.

Wizard pulls out the king's drop.

Nameless wondered what would happen if he filed the kings drop with Saidin.

15 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"I'm glad you put those away," The Doctor said as he appeared in a flash of Preservation Mist. "Welcome to the Facility. Liberation is discouraged. Enjoy your stay!"

Random yelps, as she hadn't expected anyone to just pop into existence. "Uh, thanks."

14 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Welcome to the clinic @Random Bystander! Your room is now ready and fully equipped with a fabrinet hologram computer. We have a large library that you can explore after your game. The library has a whole section devoted to Hoid's life."

She turned. "Where is this library located, exactly?" Random asked with interest.

40 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless wondered what would happen if he filed the kings drop with Saidin.

Wizard gingerly sets down the kings drop.

16 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

She turned. "Where is this library located, exactly?" Random asked with interest.

"Just turn down sector B-12 and then a right into D-3 or just teleport yourself there as the teleportation network isn't set up yet."

She nodded, pretending to understand what Wizard was talking about. She memorized the instructions, and decided to figure it out later.

3 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

Random yelps, as she hadn't expected anyone to just pop into existence. "Uh, thanks."

18 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"My apologies. I believe you're the first to react with surprise to my... tendency to suddenly pop into existence."

"It's fine. It was just a bit unexpected." Random replied.

"Good."

The Doctor stood there awkwardly before pressing a small topaz into the hand of Random.

"Guard this."

"Oooh!" Random replies. "...What is it?" She asks, pocketing it.

Posted (edited)

"Something very important, and I cannot allow it to fall into the wrong hands. Guard it with your life, and more."

The Doctor considered a moment, before continuing.

"Of all the people to enter this facility, you reacted like a normal person would to my appearance. No one else reacted that way. So I trust you more than the others. Something is going on here, and I will find out what. Guard the Stone."

Edited by CalanoCorvus

"Uh, okay then." Random replied, her voice missing any sense of urgency, although that wasn't abnormal.

"I'm serious, Random."

I find it amusing to no end that the person who rushed in with grenades is able to be considered the most normal person in that place.

"I can tell." Random replied. "And I'll keep it safe."