Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

22 hours ago, Shadowed said:

“Yeah, it was destroyed by Kaos monsters a while back and me, Bookwyrm, Insa and a few others helped the survivors.” She pointed to a spot a few hundred metres away, where a rusty trapdoor was barely visible among the rubble. “There’s an underground bunker over there. It should still have all the stuff from the last time we were here, and we can camp out there while we sort out a plan.”

Beckoning to X, Thaidakar and Platypus, she set off in the direction she had indicated.

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood @xinoehp512 @Being of Cacophony

X looked around at the rubble and remembered black teardrops on the sky. He shuddered and followed Matra.

@Shadowed

Edited by xinoehp512

22 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Well, I've never been here, so I think it's probably you in charge."

Platypus walks after her.

Matra looked uncomfortable, glancing at Thaidakar. “Well… Calano did leave Thaidakar in charge of the clinic, so maybe he should lead? I’ll just be a sort of tour guide.” She nodded vigorously. Realising this may have come across ungrateful, she smiled at Platypus. It wasn’t that she wasn’t thankful for his assumption that she should be in charge, it was just… responsibility terrified her at the best of times, and the world was literally ending. Now was not the time for her haphazard leadership.

She shook her head, plastering on her best bright grin. “Come on, guys! Just a little more to go!” It occurred to her that she might be overdoing it, but she dismissed the thought.

Matra can lead if she needs to, I just wrote that for character continuity.

14 minutes ago, Shadowed said:

Matra looked uncomfortable, glancing at Thaidakar. “Well… Calano did leave Thaidakar in charge of the clinic, so maybe he should lead? I’ll just be a sort of tour guide.” She nodded vigorously. Realising this may have come across ungrateful, she smiled at Platypus. It wasn’t that she wasn’t thankful for his assumption that she should be in charge, it was just… responsibility terrified her at the best of times, and the world was literally ending. Now was not the time for her haphazard leadership.

She shook her head, plastering on her best bright grin. “Come on, guys! Just a little more to go!” It occurred to her that she might be overdoing it, but she dismissed the thought.

X followed Matra through the rubble and down the trapdoor, glancing around nervously. "Are there any... er, creatures here that we should be worried about?"

@Shadowed

Edited by xinoehp512

18 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

X followed Matra through the rubble and down the trapdoor, glancing around nervously. "Are there any... er, creatures here that we should be worried about?"

@Shadowed

“I… um…”

That was a good point, actually. Were there? Suddenly, every shadow in the long corridor beneath the trapdoor seemed to loom ominously, every pile of rubble morphing into the shape of a monster.

”I don’t know. Best keep our wits about us, just in case.”

@xinoehp512

5 minutes ago, Shadowed said:

“I… um…”

That was a good point, actually. Were there? Suddenly, every shadow in the long corridor beneath the trapdoor seemed to loom ominously, every pile of rubble morphing into the shape of a monster.

@xinoehp512

X did his best to suppress a shiver. "You said there was a bunker down here, right?" 

@Shadowed

Edited by xinoehp512

3 hours ago, Shadowed said:

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

@Shadowed

2 hours ago, Shadowed said:

“I… um…”

@xinoehp512

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

X did his best to suppress a shiver. "You said there was a bunker down here, right?" 

@Shadowed

Platypus shrugged. "I don't really care that much. You're welcome to lead, or Thaidakar can. Makes no difference to me."

Clinic: Cafeteria

Nameless leapt into action, releasing his link with Rue and opening a gateway to Earth. "Everyone, get through the gateway if you want to live!"

@Ati16 @Aes Sedai

Kaos Plane

Lark walked up to Emma, Kaos flames wreathing him in dark armor. "So, what's the plan?"

@The Wandering Wizard

1 hour ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Nameless leapt into action, releasing his link with Rue and opening a gateway to Earth. "Everyone, get through the gateway if you want to live!"

@Ati16 @Aes Sedai

"Hurry!" Rue said, herding the survivors through the gateway.

Just now, Ati16 said:

Clinic: Cafeteria, Earth

Ati waited until everyone else had gone through the portal and stepped through it himself, just as the whole clinic collapsed around them. "Where exactly are we?" Ati asked, observing his surroundings.

@UnfortunatelyNamed, @Aes Sedai

Earth

"Earth."

Earth

"Yes, we're on Earth. In Greenland, to be precise." Nameless glanced around. "So, uh... what now?"

@Aes Sedai @Ati16

Earth: Greenland

"We're still waiting for Bookwyrm and Insa, right? We could try to get more survivors out of the Clinic, but I have a hunch it'll collapse before we can do anything."

Edited by Aes Sedai

"Yeah. I doubt I could even make a gateway to the Clinic anymore. My gateways were already starting to become unstable when we left."

"In that case," Rue says, looking around, "we should probably make a shelter. And if we can find away to communicate with the others, that would be good too."

The Clinic: Library

Bookwyrm burst into the Library and quickly scanned the area. Luckily there seemed to be no Kaos agents in the room. Unluckily, the entire room seemed to be shredding itself to pieces on the dimensional level.

Scud.

Bookwyrm summoned a large Wyrmhole in the lobby area of the Library, leading to the coordinates on Earth that Nameless had given him. Then he turned to Insa.

"Find the patients and get them through the portal," he said. "I've got to get this Library's information safe before the entire thing comes apart."

@InfiniteInsanity

On 3/12/2023 at 2:48 AM, Shadowed said:

“Yeah, it was destroyed by Kaos monsters a while back and me, Bookwyrm, Insa and a few others helped the survivors.” She pointed to a spot a few hundred metres away, where a rusty trapdoor was barely visible among the rubble. “There’s an underground bunker over there. It should still have all the stuff from the last time we were here, and we can camp out there while we sort out a plan.”

Beckoning to X, Thaidakar and Platypus, she set off in the direction she had indicated.

On 3/12/2023 at 2:30 AM, xinoehp512 said:

X exhaled, taking a look around at his surroundings. "Where are we? You said this place was called... 'Tal-rin'?"

@Shadowed

On 3/12/2023 at 10:10 AM, Being of Cacophony said:

"Well, I've never been here, so I think it's probably you in charge."

Platypus walks after her.

On 3/12/2023 at 3:02 PM, xinoehp512 said:

X looked around at the rubble and remembered black teardrops on the sky. He shuddered and followed Matra.

@Shadowed

On 3/13/2023 at 9:15 AM, Shadowed said:

On 3/13/2023 at 9:19 AM, xinoehp512 said:

@Shadowed

On 3/13/2023 at 9:40 AM, Shadowed said:

“I… um…”

@xinoehp512

On 3/13/2023 at 9:42 AM, xinoehp512 said:

@Shadowed

On 3/13/2023 at 0:18 PM, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus shrugged. "I don't really care that much. You're welcome to lead, or Thaidakar can. Makes no difference to me."

Thaidakar blinked as he followed. Him? In charge? Well, he had been in the clinic. But that had only been for, what, an hour? two hours? And look where that had gotten, the clinic was gone. He shivered, trying to hold himself together. "I..." The voice laughed softly in his head. He gritted his teeth and said, "It would be best if we had someone who's been here before lead us in that respect. Matra, you said this was a bunker? What sort of supplies does it have?" He turned to the others, "If there are creatures we should be worried about down there, I think I should be able to deal with them." Or... would he? Heck, he didn't know. How was he supposed to know? Well, he should just try anyways. "Let's get this over with and open the storming trapdoor."

50 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar blinked as he followed. Him? In charge? Well, he had been in the clinic. But that had only been for, what, an hour? two hours? And look where that had gotten, the clinic was gone. He shivered, trying to hold himself together. "I..." The voice laughed softly in his head. He gritted his teeth and said, "It would be best if we had someone who's been here before lead us in that respect. Matra, you said this was a bunker? What sort of supplies does it have?" He turned to the others, "If there are creatures we should be worried about down there, I think I should be able to deal with them." Or... would he? Heck, he didn't know. How was he supposed to know? Well, he should just try anyways. "Let's get this over with and open the storming trapdoor."

Trapdoor has been opened, we are currently under the ground I believe.

@Shadowed

On 3/20/2023 at 6:41 PM, The Bookwyrm said:

The Clinic: Library

Bookwyrm burst into the Library and quickly scanned the area. Luckily there seemed to be no Kaos agents in the room. Unluckily, the entire room seemed to be shredding itself to pieces on the dimensional level.

Scud.

Bookwyrm summoned a large Wyrmhole in the lobby area of the Library, leading to the coordinates on Earth that Nameless had given him. Then he turned to Insa.

"Find the patients and get them through the portal," he said. "I've got to get this Library's information safe before the entire thing comes apart."

@InfiniteInsanity

Insa rolled her eyes. "I see. Taking the easy job." She walked past him further into the library.

Almost immediately she was lost in the maze of books. Scud. This is not good. She stopped walking.

Okay. It's fine. I can do this and get the people. Even though the building is falling apart and we're still in it and I don't really know where I am or where they are...

Oh girl please. You'll be fine. Keep walking you'll find them. Sure the building is falling but you have a way out. Just keeping going.

Insa started to walk again. You seem familiar.

Of course I do! I helped you with all the magic stuff on the jobs you did before. And I'm the reason you have it in the first place. Remember? Turn here.

Saar? Insa turned. I'm sorry but that's all I remember at the moment. She kept walking a little further before she saw two people huddled into a corner.

I could fix that.

Not now. Once we're out of here okay? "Hey, um... I've got a way out of the clinic. If you follow me I'll show you." As she spoke the walls around them started to fall. "But I think we might need to leave like now." 

Use the sparks the keep the walls up. LIke a net.

Insa shot a small net of sparks towards the wall in front of her. It hit the ground a foot in front of the wall and it expanded to cover all of that wall and continued to expand all the the walls turning corners and creating a path, blocking wrong turns and keeping falling bits of wall from falling in the path. You really do know what you're doing.

Of course I do. Now follow the sparks. They'll stretch all the way back. 

Insa grabbed the hands of the people she found. "We have to go." She took off down the hallway, pulling them behind her. When they reached the lobby she pointed them to the portal. "Go through there. You'll be safe there." She turned to Bookwyrm. "What can I do to make this go faster? Cause if you haven't noticed this place is kind of falling apart."

@The Bookwyrm

12 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

“I think there’s food and sleeping supplies that should go round all of us, but only for a few days at most.” She grimaced at the reality of their situation. “We have to make a plan, and fast, to save the Clinic.”

Matra picked up a stone off the floor and began to draw with it on the wall. In big letters in the centre she wrote “Saving the Clinic” and underlined it, and then drew several arrows arching off from the words. Under one of them she scribbled Emma, one of them Korrupted People, and the other one Cracks in Universe. She then drew bubbles around those headings and added more arrows, then lowered her arm and looked around. “Any ideas?”

@xinoehp512 @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Being of Cacophony

5 hours ago, Shadowed said:

“I think there’s food and sleeping supplies that should go round all of us, but only for a few days at most.” She grimaced at the reality of their situation. “We have to make a plan, and fast, to save the Clinic.”

Matra picked up a stone off the floor and began to draw with it on the wall. In big letters in the centre she wrote “Saving the Clinic” and underlined it, and then drew several arrows arching off from the words. Under one of them she scribbled Emma, one of them Korrupted People, and the other one Cracks in Universe. She then drew bubbles around those headings and added more arrows, then lowered her arm and looked around. “Any ideas?”

"Do we know if it's even possible to save the clinic at this point? Last we saw it was collapsing around us." He glances around. "But for reference, the cracks in the universe don't seem to have any energy to them, they just... exist. I don't know what putting energy into them would do because I got stopped before I tried. I would guess it would either stabilize the clinic, or cause it to fall faster."

Platypus gets up and starts pacing.

"Emma's too powerful for us to handle right now. We need to wait for Calano, but I don't know how long that'll be. Bookwyrm seemed to have found a temporary, or maybe permanent, cure for Insa. She was Korrupted, and now she's not. But I don't know how it works, or if we could do it."

On 3/3/2023 at 3:10 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

Mysterious Forest Path

Calano tried, and successfully summoned, a single Lightsword.

"I will not be doing any such thing," Calano said, raising his Sword, "I will fight if I have to. I must make it through."

@The Wandering Wizard

I went back and found this, so you know where to pick up.

No rush, whenever you are ready to continue.

5 hours ago, Shadowed said:

30 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Do we know if it's even possible to save the clinic at this point? Last we saw it was collapsing around us." He glances around. "But for reference, the cracks in the universe don't seem to have any energy to them, they just... exist. I don't know what putting energy into them would do because I got stopped before I tried. I would guess it would either stabilize the clinic, or cause it to fall faster."

Platypus gets up and starts pacing.

"Emma's too powerful for us to handle right now. We need to wait for Calano, but I don't know how long that'll be. Bookwyrm seemed to have found a temporary, or maybe permanent, cure for Insa. She was Korrupted, and now she's not. But I don't know how it works, or if we could do it."

"We can't accept that we can't save the clinic... we need to be able to save it." THaidakar said with a quiet ferocity. He looked at the words on the ground. "We need to contact Calano and see if he has any plans or things that can save us. I might be able to give us an army at personal risk..." He thought for a moment as he flipped a small crystal he'd summoned between his fingers. "What if we trapped Emma like Honor's Bondsmith on Roshar did in the book Oathbringer? Some sort of giant perfect crystal that can hold power?" He swore he could hear Glyph humming with subtle glee nearby. Or... was that the power? Heck if he knew...