Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

5 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Gather all the people in the clinic to the lunch room on floor 5. Lark, I'm appointing you as my Adviser and Assistant. We should make the people ready to defend."

Lark nodded, scribbling something down on his clipboard.

Across the clinic, the walls began flashing in bright red letters:

All Patients and staff report to the fifth floor as soon as possible. 

"Anything else you want me to do?"

49 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Gather all the people in the clinic to the lunch room on floor 5. Lark, I'm appointing you as my Adviser and Assistant. We should make the people ready to defend."

The Clinic: Calano's Office

"And what about me?" Telrao asked. "I can help with defence and can heal... and of course, give people Therapy." She swished her tail and poked at a pen on the desk. "Along with... numerous other abilities."

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood 

19 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"What's wrong?" Lerac asked.

Clinic: Infirmary

Malum growled. "Well, you aren't doing all that much right now. Go on, then. I'm at your mercy." How voice dripped with contempt.

@Ranryu

"You asked for it." Shadows pooled deep in Wynn's eyes. With a few words in a strange language, the circle shot out harpoon-like tendrils of Shadow, digging into Malum.

Her goal here is to break him at his very nature and basically render him harmless. 

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Malum yelled with fury. "Stop this!"

"Stop?" She laughed. "Never. There will be no mercy for you." The Shadow harpoons became thicker, and dark purple cracks began appearing where they pierced Malum.

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

"Stop?" She laughed. "Never. There will be no mercy for you." The Shadow harpoons became thicker, and dark purple cracks began appearing where they pierced Malum.

He growled. Then, the shadows began to bend away. "Your magic isn't as effective on me as you think."

He growled. Then, the shadows began to bend away. "Your magic isn't as effective on me as you think."

She concentrated, and the Shadows slowly inched back towards him. "My magic? Haven't you been paying attention? Surely you can recognize Justitia's work when you see it."

I should probably fill you in... Justitia is the class six goddess of justice. She exists independently of the universe, which means that she can only act through an avatar such as Wynn. Justitia isn't aligned with Kaos or the Creator because she exists outside of their sphere. She generally minds her own business and operates under strict rules, but Wynn struck a deal with her. Until Wynn becomes totally corrupted by Kaos, she has a limited form of class-six powers. Malum should know who Justitia is at the very least.

4 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

She concentrated, and the Shadows slowly inched back towards him. "My magic? Haven't you been paying attention? Surely you can recognize Justitia's work when you see it."

"No... You couldn't have." Malum's eyes flashed with fear.

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"But I did. And your own actions have brought our fury upon yourself."

The shadows began reaching him again. "I could help you against Kaos. This isn't necessary."

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

17 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Malum, slowly, was consumed until he was a cowering form in a storm of shadow.

After a few moments, Wynn forced the Shadows down. Can't kill him. Not his punishment.

If it actually worked, then Malum is 'broken'. It's Alcatraz-inspired, but you get to decide what exactly that entails. 

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

After a few moments, Wynn forced the Shadows down. Can't kill him. Not his punishment.

Malum sat for a while, shaking slightly. Then, he stood up and looked at Wynn, and smiled jovially. His hair bled to a crimson red.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

Malum sat for a while, shaking slightly. Then, he stood up and looked at Wynn, smiling jovially. His hair bled to a crimson red.

Wynn hated that smile. Such a putrid being wasn't allowed to even fake being happy. She had to restrain herself from reactivating the circle.

Justitia help me. My time's almost up.

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn hated that smile. Such a putrid being wasn't allowed to even fake being happy. She had to restrain herself from reactivating the circle.

Justitia help me. My time's almost up.

The smile looks kind and genuine.

"Hello, Wynn. I don't think we've been formally introduced."

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn hesitated for a second. Something felt... different. "And who are you?"

"Bonum. TAAron's other god. Malum stole a little piece of me and put it into himself to help keep him stabilized. Now you've diminished him enough for me to overtake him, for now. I am quite weak." His smile dropped, changing to an expression of parental concern. "You are in trouble, aren't you?"

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Bonum. TAAron's other god. Malum stole a little piece of me and put it into himself to help keep him stabilized. Now you've diminished him enough for me to overtake him, for now. I am quite weak." His smile dropped, changing to an expression of parental concern. "You are in trouble, aren't you?"

Wynn sensed... that he was telling the truth. Perhaps she wasn't the best judge of character, but he seemed genuine. Odd.

"Trouble? Aren't we all? Malum's caused us a great deal of pain, and now it seems another god is entering the mix."

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn sensed... that he was telling the truth. Perhaps she wasn't the best judge of character, but he seemed genuine. Odd.

"Trouble? Aren't we all? Malum's caused us a great deal of pain, and now it seems another god is entering the mix."

"I am his brother, in a sense, but also his opposite. I will help you where I can... Though I appear constrained."

Lerac reentered the infirmary. "Wynn!" He saw the transformed god. "What happened to Malum?"

"I am his brother, in a sense, but also his opposite. I will help you where I can... Though I appear constrained."

Lerac reentered the infirmary. "Wynn!" He saw the transformed god. "What happened to Malum?"

"Well, I'm not sure I can trust you outside of this circle. Or myself, for that matter."

She turned to Lerac. "Uhh... He turned into Bonum after I tried to kill him?"

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

"Well, I'm not sure I can trust you outside of this circle. Or myself, for that matter."

She turned to Lerac. "Uhh... He turned into Bonum after I tried to kill him?"

"I..." Lerac shook his head. "Are you okay?"

Malum\Bonum looked at the circle for a moment, then stamped down on it with his foot. The whole thing shattered into hundreds of pieces, and he stepped out. "A shame. That crystal is quite rare."

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I..." Lerac shook his head. "Are you okay?"

Malum\Bonum looked at the circle for a moment, then stamped down on it with his foot. The whole thing shattered into hundreds of pieces, and he stepped out. "A shame. That crystal is quite rare."

"Fine, for now."

Wynn sighed. "Well then, I'd ask you to be on your best behavior. If this turns out to be a trick, I can't promise I'll be able to not kill you."