Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

5 minutes ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Clinic: The Lobby

Corey gasped and blinked tears of pain and exhaustion from their eyes as they shoved the doors to the Clinic open. They breathed a quick prayer of thanks to those above that they had finally made it. It had been an excruciating hour of crawling and limping their way across the empty outside. At first they'd tried to hold the broken mess of their left wing to keep it from dragging, but they had given up halfway through as it was almost more painful then just limping along as fast as they could till they reached the Clinic.

They tried one last time to retract their wing, but the needles of agony shooting through their wing started to move into their back, just like all the times before. They groaned and knelt on the cool floor of the Clinic lobby. "Hello?" Their voice cracked with a whimper. "Is anyone here? Hello?"

TAAron can with tin.

Clinic: Calano's Office

"You all plan. I hear... something." TAAron took off towards the cries.

Clinic: Lobby

TAAron inhaled sharply upon seeing Corey. "What happened? Who are you?"

13 minutes ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Clinic: The Lobby

Corey gasped and blinked tears of pain and exhaustion from their eyes as they shoved the doors to the Clinic open. They breathed a quick prayer of thanks to those above that they had finally made it. It had been an excruciating hour of crawling and limping their way across the empty outside. At first they'd tried to hold the broken mess of their left wing to keep it from dragging, but they had given up halfway through as it was almost more painful then just limping along as fast as they could till they reached the Clinic.

They tried one last time to retract their wing, but the needles of agony shooting through their wing started to move into their back, just like all the times before. They groaned and knelt on the cool floor of the Clinic lobby. "Hello?" Their voice cracked with a whimper. "Is anyone here? Hello?"

Calano's Office

Another mind entered the lobby of the clinic. An unfamiliar one...and, based on Bookwyrm's Allsight, a new one.

He sighed.

Sparking bad time to arrive in this mess...

Normally, Calano would have immediately noticed a new soul entering the clinic. But he was so tired, so beat, so broken, that he didn't.

"Emma is..." Calano started, then blinked away some tears that had begun to cloud the edges of his vision, "Emma is dead. By my own blade."

He looked down, then back up.

"And I am broken," He croaked, barely holding back tears. He looked up, blinking rapidly, and breathed in.

"But," He said, "We can't dwell on that yet. We have to plan. We need to defeat the Kaos as soon as possible."

Just then, a strange tingling started in Calano's chest, and slowly, slowly began to spread outwards. It felt... dark. Chaotic.

No.

Kaotic. Calano acknowledged it, but put it up to nerves.

@The Bookwyrm

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

Normally, Calano would have immediately noticed a new soul entering the clinic. But he was so tired, so beat, so broken, that he didn't.

"Emma is..." Calano started, then blinked away some tears that had begun to cloud the edges of his vision, "Emma is dead. By my own blade."

He looked down, then back up.

"And I am broken," He croaked, barely holding back tears. He looked up, blinking rapidly, and breathed in.

"But," He said, "We can't dwell on that yet. We have to plan. We need to defeat the Kaos as soon as possible."

Just then, a strange tingling started in Calano's chest, and slowly, slowly began to spread outwards. It felt... dark. Chaotic.

No.

Kaotic. Calano acknowledged it, but put it up to nerves.

@The Bookwyrm

"Emma...dead?" Bookwyrm asked.

No...that can't be right...my magic...the wedding...

What...what has Kaos done?

Bookwyrm hesitated for a moment. Then he spoke.

"Calano, look at me; you were not responsible for her death. Kaos killed Emma, no matter who wielded the blade. Now it's up to us to figure out how to stop it."

Bookwyrm's Allsight rippled.

"It's all coming to a head, isn't it? All so much faster than I thought...the Prison is breaking."

Bookwyrm stood, resolute. "What do you need me to do?"

3 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Emma...dead?" Bookwyrm asked.

No...that can't be right...my magic...the wedding...

What...what has Kaos done?

Bookwyrm hesitated for a moment. Then he spoke.

"Calano, look at me; you were not responsible for her death. Kaos killed Emma, no matter who wielded the blade. Now it's up to us to figure out how to stop it."

Bookwyrm's Allsight rippled.

"It's all coming to a head, isn't it? All so much faster than I thought...the Prison is breaking."

Bookwyrm stood, resolute. "What do you need me to do?"

Calano blinked. Then the ring on his finger shattered.

He looked down. "Now she is truly gone," He whispered, and looked down for a moment.

He looked back up, taking a deep breath. "Did you find what you were looking for? Will it help us? If the Prison is breaking, we're gonna need everything."

Clinic: Calano's office

"Emma's dead... Kaos's prison is breaking..." Thaidakar rubbed his chin. "I... might have a way to stop Kaos. The dark god that's trying to make me its champion... it can destroy worlds. It might be able to destroy Kaos."

@The Bookwyrm @CalanoCorvus

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Clinic: Calano's office

"Emma's dead... Kaos's prison is breaking..." Thaidakar rubbed his chin. "I... might have a way to stop Kaos. The dark god that's trying to make me its champion... it can destroy worlds. It might be able to destroy Kaos."

@The Bookwyrm @CalanoCorvus

"How would you turn it against Kaos? What is it trying to make you it's champion for?"

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"How would you turn it against Kaos? What is it trying to make you it's champion for?"

"I can use its power if I try hard enough... It would, it would try and make me champion to destroy the clinic and become king of all the Soulless. Fortunately, I hate the thing's guts." Thaidakar smiled weakly.

4 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"I can use its power if I try hard enough... It would, it would try and make me champion to destroy the clinic and become king of all the Soulless. Fortunately, I hate the thing's guts." Thaidakar smiled weakly.

"What if you told it there were a chance that Kaos would destroy both it and the clinic? Then what? I don't know..." Calano said, rubbing his chin.

47 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"You all plan. I hear... something." TAAron took off towards the cries.

Clinic: Lobby

TAAron inhaled sharply upon seeing Corey. "What happened? Who are you?"

"i-" Corey winced. "I'm Corey. I was coming to see you all about- about something, something that's been happening to me. i was almost there when something hit me. i don't exactly what. it's a blur. but-" Corey accidentally shifted and the pain shot through their wing anew. "right now i just really need help with my wing," they gasped. "is there anything you can do?"

y'awl i do not know how that ended up in the pm. seriously. ;-;

4 minutes ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

"i-" Corey winced. "I'm Corey. I was coming to see you all about- about something, something that's been happening to me. i was almost there when something hit me. i don't exactly what. it's a blur. but-" Corey accidentally shifted and the pain shot through their wing anew. "right now i just really need help with my wing," they gasped. "is there anything you can do?"

"I'm no healer... Let's go to the infirmary. I know a life magician."

8 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano blinked. Then the ring on his finger shattered.

He looked down. "Now she is truly gone," He whispered, and looked down for a moment.

He looked back up, taking a deep breath. "Did you find what you were looking for? Will it help us? If the Prison is breaking, we're gonna need everything."

"I...didn't find it. But I heard of it. There's an advanced interdimensional organization called the Lightbringers, trapped in an isolated part of the multiverse by Kaos. They have access to a gigantic pool of the Creator's Light called the Origin. I think it takes form as a gigantic underground ocean that envelops half of a planet. But...I didn't get there. I didn't have time, because, stuff is happening here."

Bookwyrm looked between Thaidakar and Calano. "I don't know if that does anything. But that's what we have."

Bookwyrm stared at the shattered shards of ring on the ground, and tried to hide his utter terror.

Tears came to his eyes.

They were supposed to be together...why? Why did Kaos have to do this to us? What's the reason for it all?

3 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"I...didn't find it. But I heard of it. There's an advanced interdimensional organization called the Lightbringers, trapped in an isolated part of the multiverse by Kaos. They have access to a gigantic pool of the Creator's Light called the Origin. I think it takes form as a gigantic underground ocean that envelops half of a planet. But...I didn't get there. I didn't have time, because, stuff is happening here."

Bookwyrm looked between Thaidakar and Calano. "I don't know if that does anything. But that's what we have."

Bookwyrm stared at the shattered shards of ring on the ground, and tried to hide his utter terror.

Tears came to his eyes.

They were supposed to be together...why? Why did Kaos have to do this to us? What's the reason for it all?

"Where is it?" Calano asked, reaching out with his mind and soul, searching for the Origin. "Did you get a location?"

Edited by CalanoCorvus

"Where is it?" Calano asked, reaching out with his mind and soul, searching for the Origin. "Did you get a location?"

"Not precisely, but if you manage to pierce the barrier, you should be able to find it."

7 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Tears came to his eyes.

Thaidakar followed Bookwyrm's gaze and sighed. "Nothing can be done for Emma now. We must mourn later. In the meantime... the pool of light. We need it to defeat Kaos. I propose we split up. Perhaps we should abandon the lower floors of the clinic and gather all of our allies to the top floors. We could hold them off and commence operations to be ready to defeat Kaos. Does that sound alright? I could also begin finding ways to use the forbidden powers I have access to safely."

@CalanoCorvus

Edited by Thaidakar the Ghostblood

5 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Not precisely, but if you manage to pierce the barrier, you should be able to find it."

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar followed Bookwyrm's gaze and sighed. "Nothing can be done for Emma now. We must mourn later. In the meantime... the pool of light. We need it to defeat Kaos. I propose we split up. Perhaps we should abandon the lower floors of the clinic and gather all of our allies to the top floors. We could hold them off and commence operations to be ready to defeat Kaos. Does that sound alright? I could also begin finding ways to use the forbidden powers I have access to safely."

@CalanoCorvus

"Bookwyrm, did you get a quadrant that it could be in? Or a Sector?" Calano asked, staring at the floor, but mentally probing the universe and beyond.

He looked up at Thaidakar. "I propose a level 4 Lockdown. Levels Ground to 8 should be sealed off, Full Enchantments, and everyone to levels 8-15. Also sealed, except for High Staff and other exceptions. What say you both to this?"

"Bookwyrm, did you get a quadrant that it could be in? Or a Sector?" Calano asked, staring at the floor, but mentally probing the universe and beyond.

He looked up at Thaidakar. "I propose a level 4 Lockdown. Levels Ground to 8 should be sealed off, Full Enchantments, and everyone to levels 8-15. Also sealed, except for High Staff and other exceptions. What say you both to this?"

Calano's Office

Bookwyrm scanned the dimensional barrier again, but the only way in he could find was the entryway to the Island he had visited before.

"We might have to go ask the Lightbringers to take us there," he said. "But are you sure this is where we need to go?"

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano's Office

"Hmm... I agree. I also propose that you should lead the expedition to the Creator's light pool. You should get the energy and come back. With the energy, we could be much more powerful than before. In your absence, you should name three people to govern the clinic."

Calano nodded, a hand to his chin.

"Thaidakar, I'd like you to remain, and be the main one in charge. Have TAAron be with you, and both of you pick somebody else."

Calano turned to Bookwyrm.

"You and I, on the other hand," Calano said, "Will go find the Origin. Are we in agreement?"

@The Bookwyrm @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

2 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano nodded, a hand to his chin.

"Thaidakar, I'd like you to remain, and be the main one in charge. Have TAAron be with you, and both of you pick somebody else."

Calano turned to Bookwyrm.

"You and I, on the other hand," Calano said, "Will go find the Origin. Are we in agreement?"

@The Bookwyrm @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Calano's Office

Bookwyrm opened a Wyrmhole.

"I'm ready whenever you are."

Calano's Office

Platypus bursts into the room, panting from his fighting, and immediately shuts the door.

"Weird onyx-like tigers... Fought them... couldn't hold them off... they're here." He struggles to get out, gasping in between phrases. "Any plans... must go... just about... now. Can't wait longer. Also, I'd like to go find the Orgin with you. I can help." He says, regaining his breath. Suddenly the door shakes. "They're here. We need to go now!"

@CalanoCorvus @The Bookwyrm

Edited by Being of Cacophony