Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

11 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Island on a Distant World

"You don't," the Commander replied. "But I don't know if I can trust you, either. If that's a point we want to get at, we'll have to work for it. We'll start with names. I am Revli Iridis, Commander of the Vanguard unit of the Lightbringers."

"Unfortunately I have to trust you at the moment. No other choice." Platypus says grimacing. "Now, I won't be offended if you say no, but... Would you kindly allow me to perceive if you have intentions for us that are bad for us? I will let you to do the same if it makes you feel better."

right now, The Shrai is holding up a barrier around both of their thoughts. It knows how to while Platypus doesn't. They're working together, for now at least. And can you have the answer be a hard no?

"We do," Revli said. "When our soldiers are wounded by simple Kaos infections, a simple dose of Light is enough to purge them. But in cases of deeper corruption, like this one-" she pointed at Bookwyrm-"you need a far more primal source. A pool." She grew solemn. "Of which there is only one left available to us in our small pocket. The Origin.

"But I digress. We'll take you to our homeworld at some point. For now, who are you, and what are you doing here?"

"My name is Bookwyrm," Bookwyrm started. "I was led to this dimension by information from the Sixth Archive, and am searching for...some way to cure Kaos corruption. And some way to combat Kaos itself."

"The Sixth Archive, huh...?" Revli said, thinking. She took a closer look at Bookwyrm. "You're a Worldseer. One of the ones from beyond this multiverse. And definitely not the of ones my people had conflict with in the past."

"Conflict?"

"The Worldbreakers. You know of them?"

Bookwyrm nodded tentatively. "But I thought they were called the Worldshapers."

"That was the name they gave themselves at the beginning. But we all know them as the Worldbreakers. Their actions warranted such a name...But Kaos is our objective now. No one here has seen a Worldbreaker in centuries; the only remnants of them are the Archives. There's one on our homeworld, with the Origin. I suspect you'll find the information there...beneficial."

Bookwyrm nodded, and continued to summarize for Revli the details of their conflict, and with news from the outside dimensions. Their society had been imprisoned in the enclosed universes for centuries, fighting a constant war against agents of Kaos. So information from beyond was helpful for them.

8 hours ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Lark clutched his chest suddenly, wincing in pain. "Bookwyrm, something's wrong. The clinic may be in danger. We must hurry." He turned to the group of Lightbringers. "Do you know how to leave this place? Get back into the wider multiverse?"

Anyone looking can see Platypus suddenly lurch, about 15 seconds after Lark asks his question. "What...? What just happened to me? Lark? You're a psychiatrist, right? Can you tell me what just happened? I feel... wrong. My emotions... they're... gone? Or maybe suppressed? I can't think either. All I feel is. PAIN!" Platypus suddenly shouts, then doubles over once more. "And they're back. Lark... What is happening to me? I don't know what to do!" He says, starting to freak out.

Lark has met both sides of Playpus, him and The Shrai. He might be able to tell him what's happening (The Shrai is merging back into Platypus so they become one being again) or maybe he can't. 100% your choice. He'll discover what happened either way, once it's done and he can't commune with The Shrai anyway, so it shouldn't matter a whole lot.

@UnfortunatelyNamed @The Bookwyrm

Ruined City of ???: Central Prism

Nameless didn't look as Thaidakar left, channeling saidin and saidar into the massive crystal in the center of the courtyard. "This is... interesting. I've read about saidar, but channeling it is an entirely new experience." As he worked, the prism began glowing, lines of light shooting out into the smaller crystals around the courtyard. Nameless frowned, glancing around. "Shouldn't something be happening? I-" He cut off as tendrils of darkness shot out of the ground around the courtyard, wrapping the crystal pedestals in shadow, then lashing out to wrap him, Rue, and Random in shadows and dragging them down through the cobblestones and into darkness.

The Second Archive

Nameless opened his eyes, and was met by darkness. "Guys? Are you down here?"

@Aes Sedai @Random Bystander

Lark cocked his head, looking at Platypus closely. "Of course I know. Your soul is in the process of merger."

@Being of Cacophony

13 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Ruined City of ???: Central Prism

Nameless didn't look as Thaidakar left, channeling saidin and saidar into the massive crystal in the center of the courtyard. "This is... interesting. I've read about saidar, but channeling it is an entirely new experience." As he worked, the prism began glowing, lines of light shooting out into the smaller crystals around the courtyard. Nameless frowned, glancing around. "Shouldn't something be happening? I-" He cut off as tendrils of darkness shot out of the ground around the courtyard, wrapping the crystal pedestals in shadow, then lashing out to wrap him, Rue, and Random in shadows and dragging them down through the cobblestones and into darkness.

The Second Archive

Nameless opened his eyes, and was met by darkness. "Guys? Are you down here?"

@Aes Sedai @Random Bystander

The second Archive

“Yup,” Rue groaned. “I’ve never linked with a man before, and I can’t say that was pleasant. I assume we’re in the archive?”

2 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

The second Archive

“Yup,” Rue groaned. “I’ve never linked with a man before, and I can’t say that was pleasant. I assume we’re in the archive?”

The Second Archive

Nameless drew in saidin to summon a globe of flame, revealing a vast room filled with endless bookshelves containing an uncountable amount of books. "Probably a safe assumption."

11 hours ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Lark clutched his chest suddenly, wincing in pain. "Bookwyrm, something's wrong. The clinic may be in danger. We must hurry." He turned to the group of Lightbringers. "Do you know how to leave this place? Get back into the wider multiverse?"

@The Bookwyrm

2 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Unfortunately I have to trust you at the moment. No other choice." Platypus says grimacing. "Now, I won't be offended if you say no, but... Would you kindly allow me to perceive if you have intentions for us that are bad for us? I will let you to do the same if it makes you feel better."

Anyone looking can see Platypus suddenly lurch, about 15 seconds after Lark asks his question. "What...? What just happened to me? Lark? You're a psychiatrist, right? Can you tell me what just happened? I feel... wrong. My emotions... they're... gone? Or maybe suppressed? I can't think either. All I feel is. PAIN!" Platypus suddenly shouts, then doubles over once more. "And they're back. Lark... What is happening to me? I don't know what to do!" He says, starting to freak out.

@UnfortunatelyNamed @The Bookwyrm

Bookwyrm turned to Lark's distressed question.

"What? What's happ-"

A vision struck him. One of finality.

Something was happening.

Bookwyrm spun to Revli. "We need a way out. Now."

Revli looked startled, but then she slung the cylinder of Light off her back and handed it to Bookwyrm.

"With one of your skills, using this much Light, you should be able to pierce the Barrier temporarily. I do not know what's happening, but if you need to go, go."

"Keep the Origin safe," Bookwyrm said.

"We always have," Revli replied. "We'll be waiting for your eventual return."

Bookwyrm screwed off the lid of the cylinder and stuck his hand into the Light. It flooded him with energy. He grabbed Lark and Platypus by their arms, then shoved them into interdimensional space.

He pulled them to the barrier. Then, he channeled the extra Light inside him into a piercing ray that tore a temporary gap in the Kaos energy. Once he had access to the wider multiverse, he immediately drew himself to the Clinic.

The Clinic: Lobby

Bookwyrm, Lark, and Platypus appeared out of nowhere. Bookwyrm immediately sent a mental message to Calano.

I'm here.

@CalanoCorvus

3 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm turned to Lark's distressed question.

"What? What's happ-"

A vision struck him. One of finality.

Something was happening.

Bookwyrm spun to Revli. "We need a way out. Now."

Revli looked startled, but then she slung the cylinder of Light off her back and handed it to Bookwyrm.

"With one of your skills, using this much Light, you should be able to pierce the Barrier temporarily. I do not know what's happening, but if you need to go, go."

"Keep the Origin safe," Bookwyrm said.

"We always have," Revli replied. "We'll be waiting for your eventual return."

Bookwyrm screwed off the lid of the cylinder and stuck his hand into the Light. It flooded him with energy. He grabbed Lark and Platypus by their arms, then shoved them into interdimensional space.

He pulled them to the barrier. Then, he channeled the extra Light inside him into a piercing ray that tore a temporary gap in the Kaos energy. Once he had access to the wider multiverse, he immediately drew himself to the Clinic.

Bookwyrm, Lark, and Platypus appeared out of nowhere. Bookwyrm immediately sent a mental message to Calano.

I'm here.

@CalanoCorvus

"What is happening here? Why are we here again? And... Where is Wizard?!" As Platypus gets more and more filled with feelings of rage and helplessness, he feels the void feeling from earlier. What is happening to me? Then, it pops and he can feel the anger. At first he doesn't recognize it. Is this... anger? I haven't felt this in years. But it will serve him well in the coming fight.

Tracing the mental message from Bookwyrm, Platypus follows it up with a simple, "You don't know me, but I'm here too. And I'm here to help."

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Clinic: Lobby

Thaidakar adjusted his glasses, "should we start destroying these skeletons? By the way, I'm Thaidakar."

"Sure. Nice to meet you properly. I seen to recall seeing something dangerous about you last time we met. Has that been resolved?" The was a forced formality in his voice that seemed to be hiding a deeper emotion.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Sure. Nice to meet you properly. I seen to recall seeing something dangerous about you last time we met. Has that been resolved?" The was a forced formality in his voice that seemed to be hiding a deeper emotion.

"It... has not been resolved. And, I think I remember you..." Thaidakar raised his watch. "Time to blast some skellies. It'll be just like Minecraft." He pressed a button on his watch and a beam of blue-ish energy jetted from it. He swung it around, burning through the necks and chests of skeletons right and left. Thaidakar smiled.

8 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"It... has not been resolved. And, I think I remember you..." Thaidakar raised his watch. "Time to blast some skellies. It'll be just like Minecraft." He pressed a button on his watch and a beam of blue-ish energy jetted from it. He swung it around, burning through the necks and chests of skeletons right and left. Thaidakar smiled.

"What's Minecraft?" TAAron lunged at a skeleton and used pewter-enhanced strength to tear it apart, weaving with unnatural reaction time to avoid attacks.

2 hours ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

The Second Archive

Nameless drew in saidin to summon a globe of flame, revealing a vast room filled with endless bookshelves containing an uncountable amount of books. "Probably a safe assumption."

The Second Archive

Rue made her own light, partially to reassure herself that she controlled her own power again. “How are we supposed to find anything in all this?”

Bookwyrm glanced around and saw Thaidakar and...was that TAAron?...fighting a horde of skeletons. He jumped up to chase after them, and gestured for Lark and Platypus to follow.

Bookwyrm hadn't seen TAAron in a long while...not since the wedding.

Seems like an age ago, now...

"Thaidakar!" Bookwyrm called as he summoned his Shardblade in his left hand, and his other sword in his right. "What's going on? Do you need help?"

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood @The Aspiring Archivist @Being of Cacophony @UnfortunatelyNamed

10 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"What's Minecraft?" TAAron lunged at a skeleton and used pewter-enhanced strength to tear it apart, weaving with unnatural reaction time to avoid attacks.

"No time to explain." Thaidakar blasted another Skeleton with his watch.

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm glanced around and saw Thaidakar and...was that TAAron?...fighting a horde of skeletons. He jumped up to chase after them, and gestured for Lark and Platypus to follow.

"Thaidakar!" Bookwyrm called as he summoned his Shardblade in his left hand, and his other sword in his right. "What's going on? Do you need help?"

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood @The Aspiring Archivist @Being of Cacophony @UnfortunatelyNamed

He turned, noticing Bookwyrm. "Thank the forgotten ones... Bookworm, I am so glad to see you. We might need some help destroying these skeletons."

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"I'm not sure..." TAAron broke apart another skeleton. "Calano was looking for you."

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

He turned, noticing Bookwyrm. "Thank the forgotten ones... Bookworm, I am so glad to see you. We might need some help destroying these skeletons."

"I guess we could."

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"No problem," Bookwyrm said. "But I'd better get an explanation later."

Bookwyrm dove into the fray, coating his two swords in Nightfire and carving a path through the skeletons. He flared steel and iron, Pushing and Pulling on any loose metal like bullets through the army. Using his various future sights, he wove through deadly attacks, striking when the time was right.

Been a while since I fought this hard.

He dismissed his shardblade, and transformed his other sword into a staff-spear that he spun in a circle to destroy the remaining skeletons. In his immediate area, that is...

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I'm not sure..." TAAron broke apart another skeleton. "Calano was looking for you."

"I know," Bookwyrm said. "I had a vision. I sent him a mental message, but don't know where he is."

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm dove into the fray, coating his two swords in Nightfire and carving a path through the skeletons. He flared steel and iron, Pushing and Pulling on any loose metal like bullets through the army. Using his various future sights, he wove through deadly attacks, striking when the time was right.

He dismissed his shardblade, and transformed his other sword into a staff-spear that he spun in a circle to destroy the remaining skeletons. In his immediate area, that is...

"I know," Bookwyrm said. "I had a vision. I sent him a mental message, but don't know where he is."

TAAron had a pouch of coins, providing bits of metal for both of them to use. He was indiscriminate in his attacks, and not very careful.

"He went to his office, I think."

3 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Nameless, Rue and another person are still looking for the second archive. They'll be back soon to help out." He killed another skeleton.

Clinic: Calano's Office

Calano heard the whisper, speaking in Emma's voice, and glared at the air in front of him.

"Get. Out. Of my. Head," He growled, and shoved the voice away.

After that, Bookwyrm's message came through. 

Good. Dispatch the skeletons, or if you can now, come to my office.

@The Bookwyrm @The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Clinic: Calano's Office

Calano heard the whisper, speaking in Emma's voice, and glared at the air in front of him.

"Get. Out. Of my. Head," He growled, and shoved the voice away.

After that, Bookwyrm's message came through. 

Good. Dispatch the skeletons, or if you can now, come to my office.

@The Bookwyrm @The Aspiring Archivist

The voice disappeared for a minute. Then, whisperings began again. "How could you do this, Calano?"

11 hours ago, Aes Sedai said:

The Second Archive

Rue made her own light, partially to reassure herself that she controlled her own power again. “How are we supposed to find anything in all this?”

The Second Archive

"Look for signs that the One Power was used?" Nameless examined the shelf nearest to him. "Or we could try to figure out their cataloguing system."

39 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

At Bookwyrm's gesture, Platypus prepares to join the fight. Still slightly confused by the fact that he is now feeling these emotions again after everything, it takes him a little bit to get ready. He summons his Blade and turns visible once more. After all, what's the fun in beating up a bunch of skeletons if they can't see you coming for them.

32 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Running past Bookwyrm into the fray, Platypus runs in, using his variation of Firestance, Ragestance. As he hasn't felt it in years, he is quite powerful and the skeletons fall before him as though he is Moses parting the red sea.

"Bookwyrm! I get the feeling that something is happening and that you should meet up with Calano. I'm not sure how I know this, but i do. Follow me as I push through the crowd, Calano is this way. I've been tracing thoughts to locate everyone." Platypus yells to Bookwyrm. Then he keeps fighting, clearing a path that is filling in behind him.

@The Bookwyrm