Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

His screams resumed, and the energy backed as far away from her as it could, flying up in an attempt to escape her reach.

That was no escape. The circle flared to life, trapping the energy. Wynn continued her unrelenting attack.

10 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

That was no escape. The circle flared to life, trapping the energy. Wynn continued her unrelenting attack.

Suddenly, the blue color of Tors' crystal drained to a pure white and she became much heavier. Malum's screams stopped... and then were replaced by laughter.

"Not enough. Not quite enough." Malum reformed out of the remaining energy, but he didn't finish, one of his arms and part of his shoulder and face missing with purple light emitting from the openings. The corruption bolt formed in his hand.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

S-Something bad--- clinic.

Her voice stuttered and cut out frquently.

Ruined City of ???

All right. I’ll be there as soon as I can. Keep TAAron safe.

Nameless shouted to the others, increasing his speed. “Something’s happening at the clinic! We need to hurry up and finish here so we can help.”

@Aes Sedai @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Random Bystander

Edited by UnfortunatelyNamed

1 minute ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Ruined City of ???

Nameless shouted to the others, increasing his speed. “Something’s happening at the clinic! We need to hurry up and finish here so we can help.”

I'm sorry, I can't---

Silence followed. There was a tangible feeling of disconnection, like something was missing. Tors was no longer attached to his soul.

10 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Ruined City of ???

@Aes Sedai @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Random Bystander

Ruined City of ???

Thaidakar cursed, "We should go back as soon as possible..." He ran forward, eyes glowing now. "I think... I think I can bring us to the center. It might be risky, but what other options do we have?"

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Ruined City of ???

Thaidakar cursed, "We should go back as soon as possible..." He ran forward, eyes glowing now. "I think... I think I can bring us to the center. It might be risky, but what other options do we have?"

Ruined city of ???

Rue nodded sharply. "We have to hurry. Do it."

Clinic: Lobby

Shark slashed out at the nearest skeleton, breaking its leg and causing it to topple over. There were many, many of them, but with his armor, Shark was immune to their attacks. He brought up his paw to block a strike, and then kept it moving, bashing in the rib cage of a second skeleton. "Hmmm, this feels familiar to me, somehow." Shark thought to himself. The flow of fighting on his own in an endless battle itched at his mind like when you forget what you were talking about and try to retrace your thinking steps in order to find it. "Oh well," Shark thought as he kicked the reanimated bones that were coming up behind him. "There isn't time to think on this now." Then he rededicated himself to the fight, bashing skeletons and keeping them distracted, hoping that the guy who asked him to do this was faring okay against that creepy lady.

@CalanoCorvus, @The Wandering Wizard

Edited by That1Cellist

3 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"You lost the chance for me to join the second you caved to the Kaos." Calano growled, and his Lightsword split into to Light shortswords.

He always had been better at dual wielding. He felt the pull to join his wife, but he knew where it was coming from. He gritted his teeth and resisted.

[...]

He turned back to his once-wife. Then he received the impression that Insa and Emma were related.

That... that was unexpected. "Insa? Your sister???"

The staff fell from Emma's hand as she fell to the ground sobbing.

"I should have gone with you into the dreamscape. If I'd never left you we'd never be in this situation. I wouldn't be already corrupted and we'd still have hope."

Emma looks up at Calano from her sitting spot on the ground, tears still in her eyes.

"Yes she's my sister, it's something that we learned from a memory that we shared."

@CalanoCorvus

10 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

I'm sorry, I can't---

Silence followed. There was a tangible feeling of disconnection, like something was missing. Tors was no longer attached to his soul.

Ruined City of ???

Nameless cursed,  forcing himself to a sprint as he headed for the center of the city. Over his shoulder, he shouted back to Thaidakar. “No need! We’re close.” He passed streets filled with darkness, ignoring any shadow creature that didn’t get in his way. He leapt over some fallen rubble, shoved one final shadow creature to the side with air, and-

Ruined city of ???: Central Prism

Nameless burst into a circular courtyard, edges dotted with pillars holding fist-sized crystals. Now that he was here, the street behind him seemed dark, filled with shadows. On the opposite side of the courtyard, the street leading into the center seemed the opposite, lit with unnatural light. In the center of the courtyard, a massive prismatic crystal stood, somehow refracting shadows as well as light. Next to the central crystal stood a pedestal with writing engraved on it in a variety of languages, one of which Nameless could read:

Only balance leads to true enlightenment.

Nameless came to a halt, panting. “Looks like we’re here.”

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Aes Sedai @Random Bystander

12 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

Ruined city of ???

Rue nodded sharply. "We have to hurry. Do it."

1 minute ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Ruined City of ???

Nameless cursed,  forcing himself to a sprint as he headed for the center of the city. Over his shoulder, he shouted back to Thaidakar. “No need! We’re close.” He passed streets filled with darkness, ignoring any shadow creature that didn’t get in his way. He leapt over some fallen rubble, shoved one final shadow creature to the side with air, and-

Nameless burst into a circular courtyard, edges dotted with pillars holding fist-sized crystals. Now that he was here, the street behind him seemed dark, filled with shadows. On the opposite side of the courtyard, the street leading into the center seemed the opposite, lit with unnatural light. In the center of the courtyard, a massive prismatic crystal stood, somehow refracting shadows as well as light. Next to the central crystal stood a pedestal with writing engraved on it in a variety of languages, one of which Nameless could read:

Ruined City of ???: Central Prism

Thaidakar nodded, going in. "Hmmm... let's do this fast."

37 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar nodded, going in. "Hmmm... let's do this fast."

38 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Ruined City of ???

“Agreed,” Rue said. “I don’t like this place, and we need to get back to the clinic.”

The Clinic: Hallway 15 A

Telrao barrelled down yet another hallway and ran into a large group of skeletons. She paused for a moment as they shambled excitedly towards her, bones clacking. A small growl escaped her throat. Then, strangely, she smiled a feline grin. This is gonna be fun!

She leapt forward, weaving between their exposed bones and skidded to a stop in the middle of the group. She quickly scribbled Aon Ehe on the floor, then leapt backwards as it blasted upwards, burning the skeletons and distracting them as she drew Aon Tia, teleporting behind the group of skeletons. Then, she began skilfully picking them off one by one with explosive white blasts from Aon Daa's. They exploded into fragments of bone, femurs, ulnas, ribcages and skulls flying and knocking into other skeletons.

She kept blasting until she sensed a presence behind her. She leap out of the way as a massive bone cudgel slammed onto the ground where she had previously been standing. The small feline growled fiercely at the massive, looming skeleton. It gave a low moan and lifted its cudgel again, forcing Telrao to dodge its next attack.

"You want to play, do you?" She hissed. Behind her, there was a large mound of bones - all that remained of the first group of skeletons. She peeked past the large skeleton and spotted Emma and Calano facing each other, a strange black onyx staff resting on the ground, forgotten. Smells like Kaos, she though as she backed up. The skeleton moaned again and swung a low, sweeping arc, narrowly missing Telrao's ears by a whisker. She bounded back down the hallway, away from the skeleton, then began drawing a series of Aons in the air.

Aon Daa, for an explosive blast. Two Aon Raos, to increase the power. Aon Ehe, for a heat burning hot. And, finally Aon Reo. Punishment. She smiled and paused just before adding the final line. The skeleton lumbered towards her, raising its cudgel high, a screech emanating from its grinning skull. It came closer, so close that Telrao could smell the Kaos running through its bones, the remains of flesh long gone. It lifted the cudgel and - 

Was reduced to a pile of dust. The Aons faded from the air, their energy spent. Telrao sneezed the bone dust out of her nose, then remembered why she was there. She didn't even think to shake the dust out of her fur, sprinting down the hallway, getting closer to Calano and Emma. Almost there! She thought to Calano.

@CalanoCorvus @The Wandering Wizard

Edited by Telrao
400th post! WHOOOO!!!

3 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The staff fell from Emma's hand as she fell to the ground sobbing.

"I should have gone with you into the dreamscape. If I'd never left you we'd never be in this situation. I wouldn't be already corrupted and we'd still have hope."

Emma looks up at Calano from her sitting spot on the ground, tears still in her eyes.

"Yes she's my sister, it's something that we learned from a memory that we shared."

@CalanoCorvus

40 minutes ago, Telrao said:

The Clinic: Hallway 15 A

Telrao barrelled down yet another hallway and ran into a large group of skeletons. She paused for a moment as they shambled excitedly towards her, bones clacking. A small growl escaped her throat. Then, strangely, she smiled a feline grin. This is gonna be fun!

She leapt forward, weaving between their exposed bones and skidded to a stop in the middle of the group. She quickly scribbled Aon Ehe on the floor, then leapt backwards as it blasted upwards, burning the skeletons and distracting them as she drew Aon Tia, teleporting behind the group of skeletons. Then, she began skilfully picking them off one by one with explosive white blasts from Aon Daa's. They exploded into fragments of bone, femurs, ulnas, ribcages and skulls flying and knocking into other skeletons.

She kept blasting until she sensed a presence behind her. She leap out of the way as a massive bond cudgel slammed onto the ground where she had previously been standing. The small feline growled fiercely at the massive, looming skeleton. It gave a low moan and lifted its cudgel again, forcing Telrao to dodge its next attack.

"You want to play, do you?" She hissed. Behind her, there was a large mound of bones - all that remained of the first group of skeletons. She peeked past the large skeleton and spotted Emma and Calano facing each other, a strange black onyx staff resting on the ground, forgotten. Smells like Kaos, she though as she backed up. The skeleton moaned again and swung a low, sweeping arc, narrowly missing Telrao's ears by a whisker. She bounded back down the hallway, away from the skeleton, then began drawing a series of Aons in the air.

Aon Daa, for an explosive blast. Two Aon Raos, to increase the power. Aon Ehe, for a heat burning hot. And, finally Aon Reo. Punishment. She smiled and paused just before adding the final line. The skeleton lumbered towards her, raising its cudgel high, a screech emanating from its grinning skull. It came closer, so close that Telrao could smell the Kaos running through its bones, the remains of flesh long gone. It lifted the cudgel and - 

Was reduced to a pile of dust. The Aons faded from the air, their energy spent. Telrao sneezed the bone dust out of her nose, then remembered why she was there. She didn't even think to shake the dust out of her fur, sprinting down the hallway, getting closer to Calano and Emma. Almost there! She thought to Calano.

@CalanoCorvus @The Wandering Wizard

Hold your attack, Calano thought at Telrao. If you are needed, you'll know. For now, this is between me and her. See to it nothing else happens.

Calano frowned, lip curling. "Get up," He said, "Your tears won't work. I know my wife is gone. What has replaced her is but a hollow shell of the woman I loved. The chance for apologies is gone."

34 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Ruined City of ???: Central Prism.

Nameless nodded. "All right. How do we get into the Archive? Something to do with that inscription?"

@Aes Sedai @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

"We don't have time to solve a riddle, should I just make giant holes into the ground using my powers?"

5 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"We don't have time to solve a riddle, should I just make giant holes into the ground using my powers?"

Ruined City off ???: Central Prism

“The other Archive was on a different plane of existence. Who’s to say blowing holes in the ground would do anything besides destroying the entrance?”

6 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Clinic: Infirmary Room 4E

"Everyone could be helpful in someway."

"I wouldn't be helpful."

8 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

@CalanoCorvus

"You can rekindle the light inside of me Calano. You know how."

@CalanoCorvus

"I want to," Calano said, staring at his once-wife, "I want to so badly. I miss you so much."

"But do you really think the Kaos would relinquish you that quickly? That easily? You're tricking me anyways." Calano said, blinking away tears and clearing his throat.

He knelt down to be at eye level with Emma. "My wife is gone," He whispered, "You are what remains, a twisted, damned, corrupted soul. I will avenge my wife."

He stood, and prepared to strike with his Lightswords.

13 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Ruined City off ???: Central Prism

“The other Archive was on a different plane of existence. Who’s to say blowing holes in the ground would do anything besides destroying the entrance?”

He shrugged.

15 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"I wouldn't be helpful."

"I want to," Calano said, staring at his once-wife, "I want to so badly. I miss you so much."

"But do you really think the Kaos would relinquish you that quickly? That easily? You're tricking me anyways." Calano said, blinking away tears and clearing his throat.

He knelt down to be at eye level with Emma. "My wife is gone," He whispered, "You are what remains, a twisted, damned, corrupted soul. I will avenge my wife."

He stood, and prepared to strike with his Lightswords.

The staff stayed on the ground and Emma stayed in her bowed over form, not caring about what would happen to her. Hardly caring at all, not caring anymore.

Her life was gone and the single chance she had of getting it back was passing her by, she could feel the corruption begining to seep back in.

"End it." Breathed out Emma, the whisper barely reaching Calano. "End this before I am compelled."

@CalanoCorvus

18 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The staff stayed on the ground and Emma stayed in her bowed over form, not caring about what would happen to her. Hardly caring at all, not caring anymore.

Her life was gone and the single chance she had of getting it back was passing her by, she could feel the corruption begining to seep back in.

"End it." Breathed out Emma, the whisper barely reaching Calano. "End this before I am compelled."

@CalanoCorvus

Calano raised his swords.

"I'm sorry," He said, sincere, tears beginning to flow down his face.

And he swung down, his Lightswords slicing down towards the top of Emma's head.

5 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Suddenly, the blue color of Tors' crystal drained to a pure white and she became much heavier. Malum's screams stopped... and then were replaced by laughter.

"Not enough. Not quite enough." Malum reformed out of the remaining energy, but he didn't finish, one of his arms and part of his shoulder and face missing with purple light emitting from the openings. The corruption bolt formed in his hand.

Wynn gritted her teeth, knowing what was coming but unable to do anything about it.

Tors, are you alive? She dropped the weapon and picked up a chuck of Stacis that didn't fit into the circle's pattern- something she had prepared in advance. 

Justitia, I sure hope you know what you're doing.

Clinic: Hallway

TAAron had just escaped the infirmary. He didn't really know what was happening, but he hoped that Wynn and Lerac could deal with it. He need to help Calano.

He shot past skeletons, pushing serveral of them down with coins, but mostly just Pushing himself over top. His zinc gave him superhuman reaction time, and he blazed through hallway after hallway, searching...

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn gritted her teeth, knowing what was coming but unable to do anything about it.

Tors, are you alive? She dropped the weapon and picked up a chuck of Stacis that didn't fit into the circle's pattern- something she had prepared in advance. 

Justitia, I sure hope you know what you're doing.

Clinic: Infirmary

Malum hit Wynn in the arm with the corruption bolt. "Well now. This isn't too good for you."

Lerac stood up, coughing. "Wynn! What did he do?"