Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Clinic: Lobby

"You lost the chance for me to join the second you caved to the Kaos." Calano growled, and his Lightsword split into to Light shortswords.

He always had been better at dual wielding. He felt the pull to join his wife, but he knew where it was coming from. He gritted his teeth and resisted.

"Haly's gone," Calano said, "Leave her to me," He said, gesturing at Emma, "But take care of the skeletons, if you can."

He turned back to his once-wife. Then he received the impression that Insa and Emma were related.

That... that was unexpected. "Insa? Your sister???"

Clinic: Lobby

"Okay. I eat badguys now!" Shark exclaimed, bouncing up and down happily.

Shark then began to glow. His fur was replaced by tough, silver scales. He now looked like something akin to a pangolin, only rabbit shaped. Additionally, he had now grown to be a couple times larger than before. He was still fairly small, but quite a bit bigger than before. (Rabbits are small creatures) His rabbit nails had also elongated into vicious looking claws, and his teeth gleamed menacingly, in a way that shouldn't have been possible considering the lighting of the room.

Shark then charged the hoard of skeletons, doing as Calano had asked.

Edited by That1Cellist

4 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

Ruined city of ???

Rue blasted a few more creatures, which slightly improved her mood. “What are we looking for?” She asked.

@UnfortunatelyNamed @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Random Bystander

Ruined City of ???

"The center, I think." said Thaidakar, blasting one of the creatures with a beam of energy from his watch.

3 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Ruined City of ???

"The center, I think." said Thaidakar, blasting one of the creatures with a beam of energy from his watch.

Ruined City of ???

"I know that," Rue snapped. "I meant, is there anything specific we need to find?"

Island on a Distant World

Bookwyrm held up his arms to show his hands were empty.

"I don't mean any harm."

"So you say," the leader of the group said. "But one with Kaos in his mind cannot be trusted."

"I'm not corrupted," Bookwyrm replied. "Yes, there are tendrils of darkness in my mind. But Kaos has no control over me."

The leader grunted, obvious scepticism apparent on her face. She motioned for one of the soldiers to step forward. "Scan him."

The soldier's rifle vanished in a flash of light, and a strange handheld device appeared in his hand instead. He stepped forward and scanned Bookwyrm with the device.

"He's telling the truth, Commander," the soldier said. "Deep seated tendrils, but no full corruption."

"Deep seated?" the Commander asked.

"Yeah," the soldier replied. "He'll have to go to the Origin if he wants to get purged. Our Light here isn't enough." The soldier glanced back at the device. "He has a lot of his own light, though. No need to worry."

"Hm," the Commander said after a moment. Then she raised her hand again in another gesture. Each of the soldiers dismissed their weapons.

"You can tell your companions to come out, now," the Commander told Bookwyrm. Then she turned to another woman who was probably her second-in-command. "Are you still getting the other reading?"

"Yes. Want us to scope it out?"

"Yeah," the Commander replied. The second-in-command saluted, then called two other soldiers. The three of them dashed off into the jungle.

"Okay," the Commander said. "We know you aren't working for Kaos, but we don't know if we can trust you. So. Tell me about yourself."

It's safe, Bookwyrm sent to Platypus and Lark. We don't need to fight. Come out; these people are probably our allies. We just haven't realized it yet.

@Being of Cacophony @UnfortunatelyNamed

Edited by The Bookwyrm

8 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Ruined City of ???

"We're looking for an archive, right? I mean, that's why I tagged along on this adventure..."

Ruined city of ???

Rue took a deep breath, calming herself. "Archives come in all shapes and sizes. Do you know what this one looks like?"

12 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm held up his arms to show his hands were empty.

"I don't mean any harm."

"So you say," the leader of the group said. "But one with Kaos in his mind cannot be trusted."

"I'm not corrupted," Bookwyrm replied. "Yes, there are tendrils of darkness in my mind. But Kaos has no control over me."

The leader grunted, obvious scepticism apparent on her face. She motioned for one of the soldiers to step forward. "Scan him."

The soldier's rifle vanished in a flash of light, and a strange handheld device appeared in his hand instead. He stepped forward and scanned Bookwyrm with the device.

"He's telling the truth, Commander," the soldier said. "Deep seated tendrils, but no full corruption."

"Deep seated?" the Commander asked.

"Yeah," the soldier replied. "He'll have to go to the Origin if he wants to get purged. Our Light here isn't enough." The soldier glanced back at the device. "He has a lot of his own light, though. No need to worry."

"Hm," the Commander said after a moment. Then she raised her hand again in another gesture. Each of the soldiers dismissed their weapons.

"You can tell your companions to come out, now," the Commander told Bookwyrm. Then she turned to another woman who was probably her second-in-command. "Are you still getting the other reading?"

"Yes. Want us to scope it out?"

"Yeah," the Commander replied. The second-in-command saluted, then called two other soldiers. The three of them dashed off into the jungle.

"Okay," the Commander said. "We know you aren't working for Kaos, but we don't know if we can trust you. So. Tell me about yourself."

It's safe, Bookwyrm sent to Platypus and Lark. We don't need to fight. Come out; these people are probably our allies. We just haven't realized it yet.

@Being of Cacophony @UnfortunatelyNamed

Platypus steps out from where he was kneeling in the bush, still holding his sword, still intangible to everything except his sword and the ground, but visible now.

"How do I know I can trust you?" He asks bluntly to the soldiers.

13 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The escaping energy paid little heed to the Shadow as Malum's physical form seemed to burn away.

@Ranryu

No! Wynn suddenly remembered- the circle. With a strain of effort, she pulled the Stacis circle into the clinic, dimensions overlapping for a split second. 

"You aren't getting away that easily!"

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Clinic: Infirmary Room 4E

Alicia continued to shake her head, "I really don't think so," She sputtered, "I'm just a doctor, what benefit would I give? I'm a non combatant."

Clinic: Infirmary Room 4E

"Everyone could be helpful in someway."

Ruined city of ???

“There’s an area at the center of the city avoided by the creatures. There aren’t any there, at least. I figure that’s where the Archive is.” Nameless launched fire at a group of creatures.

@Aes Sedai @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Random Bystander

Lark stepped into the light, humming to himself as he pulled the quill from his arm. “Hello! I presume you people have expertise in healing Kaos infections? I’d be delighted if you’d give me some tips.”

@The Bookwyrm

11 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Ruined city of ???

“There’s an area at the center of the city avoided by the creatures. There aren’t any there, at least. I figure that’s where the Archive is.” Nameless launched fire at a group of creatures.

@Aes Sedai @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Random Bystander

Ruined City of ???

"Alright then. Let's go that way then!" Thaidakar walked out into the street, expecting them to follow him. He blasted a shadow creature trying to attack him.

1 hour ago, Ranryu said:

No! Wynn suddenly remembered- the circle. With a strain of effort, she pulled the Stacis circle into the clinic, dimensions overlapping for a split second. 

"You aren't getting away that easily!"

The energy stopped abruptly. "What have you done now?"

@Ranryu

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

29 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Ruined City of ???

"Alright then. Let's go that way then!" Thaidakar walked out into the street, expecting them to follow him. He blasted a shadow creature trying to attack him.

Ruined City of ???

“Uh, wrong way.” Nameless pointed down a different street. “It’s that way. You’re heading towards a group several hundred strong.”

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

1 minute ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Ruined City of ???

“Uh, wrong way.” Nameless pointed down a different street. “It’s that way. You’re heading towards a group several hundred strong.”

Ruined City of ???

"Oops." Thaidakar spun on the spot, going the other way.

3 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Ruined City of ???

Nameless?

Tors' voice sounded in his mind, distant and warped.

17 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Ruined City of ???

"Um. Are we going to be able to eat while we're here?" Random asked, a bit randomly.

Ruined city of ???

Ignoring Nameless and Thaidakar, Rue shrugged. "The sooner we find the archive and get the information we need, the sooner you get to eat." She wove the flame of Tar Valon and shot it at a few more of the things.