Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He turned to her, bright eyes widening in fear. "How... I killed you!"

N-No. Not yet.

Hang in there, Tors. Let's try and make this quick.

She jabbed Tors at Malum with the speed of a flitting Shadow.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He let out an unearthly scream. Wisps of energy began floating away, escaping the attack.

Wynn brandished Tors in an arc, attempting to strike as much of the energy as possible.

"Malum, as an avatar from the court of unaligned gods, I am here to bring you to justice. You have broken too many rules- rules you were bound to follow. It is Justitia's command that you understand your wrongdoing before I destroy you."

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn brandished Tors in an arc, attempting to strike as much of the energy as possible.

"Malum, as an avatar from the court of unaligned gods, I am here to bring you to justice. You have broken too many rules- rules you were bound to follow. It is Justitia's command that you understand your wrongdoing before I destroy you."

I have sworn to no rules!

The energy continued flowing away, slowly but surely.

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

I have sworn to no rules!

The energy continued flowing away, slowly but surely.

"By your existence, you have sworn oaths. By your actions, you have broken them. Without justice, there is chaos."

Wynn wove a net of Shadow to catch the energy.

And that's it for tonight. I'll try to be on during the school day, if possible.

12 hours ago, Ranryu said:

"By your existence, you have sworn oaths. By your actions, you have broken them. Without justice, there is chaos."

Wynn wove a net of Shadow to catch the energy.

The escaping energy paid little heed to the Shadow as Malum's physical form seemed to burn away.

@Ranryu

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

5 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Island on a Distant World

They ate as night fell. The suns dipped below the horizon and the stars slowly faded into existence, splaying the sky with their unfamiliar constellations. Bookwyrm thought that this planet was slightly above the galactic plane of it's galaxy, because staring at the dusty pathway in the sky, he thought he could make out details like arms and the core bulge...

In staring at the sky, he missed a glint of light on the horizon. But he did notice it as the light drew closer.

Bookwyrm stood up in alarm.

"I think something's coming," he said.

@UnfortunatelyNamed @Being of Cacophony

wow, fancy astronomy terms! I wish I knew what those meant! I think I figured most out. And yes, everything I say in the next paragraph is intentional, not me forgetting things.

Platypus, seeing Bookwyrm rise, looks over from his bedroll on the ground. 

"Uh... Bookwyrm, what in the name of Mikkibunkins is that? It doesn't look good. The sun shouldn't be rising yet."

As Platypus gets up, he walks over to Bookwyrm.

"Any ideas as to what is happening?" The Shrai asks. "Alien invasion? Tertiary sun? Moonrise?"

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

X wrapped his arms around his knees. So the darkness had spread.

"What do we do?" he asked softly.

@Shadowed

“Well, Telrao told us to stay here, safe and sound.” A mischievous grin spread over her face despite it all. “So… we go help fight against Kaos?”

@xinoehp512

7 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus, seeing Bookwyrm rise, looks over from his bedroll on the ground. 

"Uh... Bookwyrm, what in the name of Mikkibunkins is that? It doesn't look good. The sun shouldn't be rising yet."

As Platypus gets up, he walks over to Bookwyrm.

"Any ideas as to what is happening?" The Shrai asks. "Alien invasion? Tertiary sun? Moonrise?"

"I think..." Bookwyrm said, squinting and burning Tin. "I think it's an aircraft."

Bookwyrm paused, then spun.

"Platypus?! How'd-argh, nevermind. Worry about it later." Bookwyrm turned to Lark. "We need to get ready for whatever that thing is flying towards us."

@UnfortunatelyNamed

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"I think..." Bookwyrm said, squinting and burning Tin. "I think it's an aircraft."

Bookwyrm paused, then spun.

"Platypus?! How'd-argh, nevermind. Worry about it later." Bookwyrm turned to Lark. "We need to get ready for whatever that thing is flying towards us."

@UnfortunatelyNamed

Lark frowned. “Didn’t think I’d see modern technology here. Doesn’t seem like the place one would find it.” He summoned a pair of binoculars to his hand, examining the distant object more closely.

3 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Lark frowned. “Didn’t think I’d see modern technology here. Doesn’t seem like the place one would find it.” He summoned a pair of binoculars to his hand, examining the distant object more closely.

The aircraft looked like a cross between an airplane and a helicopter; it's two wings held massive propellers, but the central portion was more sleek and aerodynamic. Though it did seem bulkier, as if it was a troop transport of some kind. It had bright spotlights on the front and several mounted guns.

"We should hide," Bookwyrm said. "See if we can figure anything out about them." He snapped his fingers, and the camp started putting itself away into his backpack of infinite space. Once that was done, Bookwyrm grabbed the pack and slung it over his shoulder, the gestured to the jungle.

"Come on," he said. "It should give us enough cover."

I hope.

@Being of Cacophony

7 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

The aircraft looked like a cross between an airplane and a helicopter; it's two wings held massive propellers, but the central portion was more sleek and aerodynamic. Though it did seem bulkier, as if it was a troop transport of some kind. It had bright spotlights on the front and several mounted guns.

"We should hide," Bookwyrm said. "See if we can figure anything out about them." He snapped his fingers, and the camp started putting itself away into his backpack of infinite space. Once that was done, Bookwyrm grabbed the pack and slung it over his shoulder, the gestured to the jungle.

"Come on," he said. "It should give us enough cover."

I hope.

@Being of Cacophony

Lark nodded, following after Bookwyrm into the jungle. “You immediately assume it’s unfriendly, or at least act as if it is. You’re not reckless.” He scribbled something on his clipboard.

Just now, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Lark nodded, following after Bookwyrm into the jungle. “You immediately assume it’s unfriendly, or at least act as if it is. You’re not reckless.” He scribbled something on his clipboard.

"Pays to be cautious on an alien world," Bookwyrm said.

He ducked into the foliage and summoned his rifle, which materialized into his hands. He sighted the strange aircraft through the scope as it neared the island. It slowed, eventually coming to hover over the lagoon before moving over the beach. Sand and water sprayed everywhere, pushed by the propellers' wind, and the steady sound of the spinning blades filled the normally quiet air.

Suddenly, a ramp on the bottom of the craft opened, and a squad of eight or so soldiers jumped out onto the beach. But instead of missing them like Bookwyrm had hoped, the soldiers immediately surrounded them, despite their hiding places in the foliage.

They wore advanced white combat armor with helmets that obscured their faces. Each of them held an advanced-looking rifle, which were trained directly at Bookwyrm, Lark, and Platypus.

One of them had a uniform that marked them as the leader. They reached up and pressed a button on the side of their helmet, and it vanished in a flash of light, revealing the leader to be a woman with dark tan skin, short black hair, and striking yellow eyes. She had a strange cylindrical container on her back, one that glowed with a powerful white light from a few openings.

"I know you're there," she said, looking directly at Bookwyrm. "You have Kaos in you."

Bookwyrm dismissed his rifle and sent a mental message to Lark and Platypus. 

Don't engage.

Then he stepped out of the jungle and into the spotlight of the hovercraft, right in the center of the mysterious soldiers.

13 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Clinic: Calano's Office

"Don't care," He muttered, and blinked. His vision changed, seeing through the walls of the Clinic.

There you are. He thought, honing in on Emma's location.

"I'll make it suffer." He said, then spun on the spot.

He disappeared, then reappeared behind his once-wife.

"Emma!" He shouted.

@The Wandering Wizard

Clinic: Lobby

"Hello there Calano. Take my hand, join with me. Please Calano, I miss you and if you don't I'll be forced to kill you."

Tears spring to Emma's eyes as she feels the urge from the Kaos to kill him. He'd never understood, she'd never wanted to kill him, never. And she sent those feelings along the link. A desire to serve the Kaos to serve it with Calano and their sister, Insa.

@CalanoCorvus @Telrao

22 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The Dreamscape

Emma grinned at Insa, the Kaos flickering in her eyes.

"We go in together, sister!"

The army of skeletons lurches forward. Various skeletal animals are intermingled with humanoid shapes. A lone skeletal dragon breathes Kaotic breath above the horde.

"It is time."

The skeletons lurch through the portal, heading into the lobby of the clinic.

@InfiniteInsanity@CalanoCorvus@Shining Silhouette@Telrao@Shadowed@xinoehp512@That1Cellist

Clinic: The lobby

Shark was behind Calano. He didn't really know what was going on. He had gotten there after after a time of wanderings and confusion. He missed Haly. And he was hungry.

However, he did know that Haly and that other girl were gone, and he was still here.

Haly was gone, and so were the marshmallows, and Shark was angry.

He did not like the look of those skeletons either. "Mr. Guy Who Does Not Have The Skeletons, (@CalanoCorvus) can I help you beat up the badguys? They look very mean and strong and scary and I am wanting to help you! Can we beat them? Where is Haly?"

8 hours ago, Shadowed said:

“Well, Telrao told us to stay here, safe and sound.” A mischievous grin spread over her face despite it all. “So… we go help fight against Kaos?”

@xinoehp512

X hesitated for a moment, then pressed his lips together and nodded. "Alright." He stood up, a determined expression on his face. "Let's do it."

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Hello there Calano. Take my hand, join with me. Please Calano, I miss you and if you don't I'll be forced to kill you."

Tears spring to Emma's eyes as she feels the urge from the Kaos to kill him. He'd never understood, she'd never wanted to kill him, never. And she sent those feelings along the link. A desire to serve the Kaos to serve it with Calano and their sister, Insa.

@CalanoCorvus @Telrao

"You lost the chance for me to join the second you caved to the Kaos." Calano growled, and his Lightsword split into to Light shortswords.

He always had been better at dual wielding. He felt the pull to join his wife, but he knew where it was coming from. He gritted his teeth and resisted.

54 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

Clinic: The lobby

Shark was behind Calano. He didn't really know what was going on. He had gotten there after after a time of wanderings and confusion. He missed Haly. And he was hungry.

However, he did know that Haly and that other girl were gone, and he was still here.

Haly was gone, and so were the marshmallows, and Shark was angry.

He did not like the look of those skeletons either. "Mr. Guy Who Does Not Have The Skeletons, (@CalanoCorvus) can I help you beat up the badguys? They look very mean and strong and scary and I am wanting to help you! Can we beat them? Where is Haly?"

"Haly's gone," Calano said, "Leave her to me," He said, gesturing at Emma, "But take care of the skeletons, if you can."

He turned back to his once-wife. Then he received the impression that Insa and Emma were related.

That... that was unexpected. "Insa? Your sister???"

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

X hesitated for a moment, then pressed his lips together and nodded. "Alright." He stood up, a determined expression on his face. "Let's do it."

Matra nodded. “Come on. Let’s go fight those, um, things in the Lobby.”

Summoning her Blade, it occurred to her that X might not have a weapon. “Do you have a sword, or something? Or any magical abilities?”

2 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

He ducked into the foliage and summoned his rifle, which materialized into his hands. He sighted the strange aircraft through the scope as it neared the island. It slowed, eventually coming to hover over the lagoon before moving over the beach. Sand and water sprayed everywhere, pushed by the propellers' wind, and the steady sound of the spinning blades filled the normally quiet air.

Suddenly, a ramp on the bottom of the craft opened, and a squad of eight or so soldiers jumped out onto the beach. But instead of missing them like Bookwyrm had hoped, the soldiers immediately surrounded them, despite their hiding places in the foliage.

They wore advanced white combat armor with helmets that obscured their faces. Each of them held an advanced-looking rifle, which were trained directly at Bookwyrm, Lark, and Platypus.

One of them had a uniform that marked them as the leader. They reached up and pressed a button on the side of their helmet, and it vanished in a flash of light, revealing the leader to be a woman with dark tan skin, short black hair, and striking yellow eyes. She had a strange cylindrical container on her back, one that glowed with a powerful white light from a few openings.

"I know you're there," she said, looking directly at Bookwyrm. "You have Kaos in you."

Don't engage.

Then he stepped out of the jungle and into the spotlight of the hovercraft, right in the center of the mysterious soldiers.

As Bookwyrm steps out, Platypus turns invisible and intangible, summons his sword (which is also invisible and intangible), and prepares to fight, just in case. As this happens, he is fighting internally.

'Let me have control. I have more experience with things like this. And it's easier for me to control this body.'

'No. I refuse to let you of all beings have control. I will fight this.'

'Look. We need to work together. I'll yield to you if we find ourselves in a situation that I need your expertise for. But right now, we need me in charge if we hope to survive this.'

'Fine. But I will hold you to this.'

'If we survive. That's still a big if.'

Edited by Being of Cacophony

3 minutes ago, Shadowed said:

Matra nodded. “Come on. Let’s go fight those, um, things in the Lobby.”

Summoning her Blade, it occurred to her that X might not have a weapon. “Do you have a sword, or something? Or any magical abilities?”

X opened his mouth to say no, then remembered the strange muting he'd felt a couple of times. "Maybe," he hedged.

2 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Don't engage.

Lark shook his head. Modern weapons indeed. Moving silently, he circled around to the side of the aircraft, taking out a quill pen and stabbing it into his arm.

14 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

X opened his mouth to say no, then remembered the strange muting he'd felt a couple of times. "Maybe," he hedged.

“Good, since mine are useless in a fight and I’m basically useless with this sword as well. Try using them on me, to see if they work.”

7 minutes ago, Shadowed said:

“Good, since mine are useless in a fight and I’m basically useless with this sword as well. Try using them on me, to see if they work.”

X scrunched up his eyebrows, reaching inside himself for power. And felt nothing. 

"I'm sorry," he said apologetically. "I think it might only trigger when I'm in danger?"

Edited by xinoehp512