Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

Just now, Ranryu said:

"We're not taking any risks." She prepared to support him if he fell. "Let's go. Lead the way, TAAron."

TAAron began walking to the infirmary.

Lerac sighed and walked after him, trying to keep confidence in his step. "See? Can't you see the future or something? I'll be fine, right?"

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron began walking to the infirmary.

Lerac sighed and walked after him, trying to keep confidence in his step. "See? Can't you see the future or something? I'll be fine, right?"

Wynn couldn't speak. She struggled to find words. "We shouldn't take any risks."

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Clinic: Infirmary Entrance

A middle aged woman ran up to the group. "What's the issue?" She asked sweetly but seriously, holding a clipboard in one hand.

@The Aspiring Archivist

"I'm not entirely sure."

Lerac spoke up. "I had a small episode of coughing and difficulty breathing. I'm... fine now, though."

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I'm not entirely sure."

Lerac spoke up. "I had a small episode of coughing and difficulty breathing. I'm... fine now, though."

"He's not fine, doctor. Can you please check?"

10 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"He's not fine, doctor. Can you please check?"

"Sure I am."

10 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

The woman frowned. "Do you mind if we run a few tests first?" She asked, cocking her head.

She put her hand out, "My name is Doctor Alicia Duvir."

"Fine." He shook it. "What kind of tests will you be performing, then?"

@CalanoCorvus

edited for better continuity

29 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Clinic: Lobby

What was the world coming to? Was all Calano thought as first Haly and Mitis vanished, then this guy started dying, Telrao trying and apparently failing to help him, and all the emotions and thoughts whirling around his head.

He needed to sit down, in a quiet space.

His office.

He whirled on the spot, reappearing in his office.

He sat in the chair, and put his head in his hands, elbows resting on the desk. The soft, warm lighting of the office helped. He took a deep breath, then took a paper out of his desk to begin organizing his thoughts.

Then he heard knocking. At his door. Seriously?

"Come in," He called, slightly annoyed and in no way ready to meet with someone.

@xinoehp512 @The Aspiring Archivist

X exhaled and opened the door and stepped into the office. Dr. Calano was inside, sitting at his desk and writing something down on a sheet of paper. 

"Uh," X started, suddenly intimidated. "She said- I mean, I heard you know more about Kaos?"

25 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Sure I am."

"Fine." He shook it. "What kind of tests will you be performing, then?"

@CalanoCorvus

Alicia wrote something down, then beckoned the group to follow. "Just some little Influence tests. Shouldn't take long, and it'll give us all the information we need."

16 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

X exhaled and opened the door and stepped into the office. Dr. Calano was inside, sitting at his desk and writing something down on a sheet of paper. 

"Uh," X started, suddenly intimidated. "She said- I mean, I heard you know more about Kaos?"

Clinic: Calano's Office

Calano leaned back, rubbing his forehead. "Yeah, I know more," He said, then leaned forward again, "What do you need to know?"

Alicia wrote something down, then beckoned the group to follow. "Just some little Influence tests. Shouldn't take long, and it'll give us all the information we need."

Calano leaned back, rubbing his forehead. "Yeah, I know more," He said, then leaned forward again, "What do you need to know?"

"How can you cure it?" asked X.

The Dreamscape

"And the more that die or become corrupted add to our glorious army!"

Emma waves her arms as streams of Kaos blast forth. Creating portals on the walls where they strike. Glimpses of foreign worlds stream from the portals.

The armies begin to stream outwards, spreading Kaos with their every step.

A singular portal opens infront of the three, cutting a view of pristine white walls and glowing lights. 

A fierce light kindles in Emma's eyes as her words fly from her mouth, "It's time we reclaimed our home."

@InfiniteInsanity @Shining Silhouette

Calano sighed, lowering his head. "You can't," He forced out, "It can't be cured. Not easily."

X felt himself tense. "What do you mean?" His voice held a note of panic. "There has to be a way to cure it. To fix it."

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

X felt himself tense. "What do you mean?" His voice held a note of panic. "There has to be a way to cure it. To fix it."

"As far as we're aware, sans straight up Godhood, there is no way we, even in all our power, can cure it. It is simply... too much. Too Ancient." Calano said, tired.

2 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"As far as we're aware, sans straight up Godhood, there is no way we, even in all our power, can cure it. It is simply... too much. Too Ancient." Calano said, tired.

"But my family- my home-" X seemed near to tears. "Are they just... gone?"

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

"But my family- my home-" X seemed near to tears. "Are they just... gone?"

"If what happened to you and yours is in any way similar to what happened to me and mine, then chances are high that yes, they are gone."

Calano paused.

"I'm sorry," He said, even though he knew it would mean nothing. "I know your pain. Intimately."

Edited by CalanoCorvus

20 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"If what happened to you and yours is in any way similar to what happened to me and mine, then chances are high that yes, they are gone."

Calano paused.

"I'm sorry," He said, even though he knew it would mean nothing. "I know your pain. Intimately."

X slumped against the door and slid to the ground. The room seemed duller now, grayer. Unreal.

Gone. Everything he knew, everything he loved. Taken by some vast, dark force beyond his understanding. "No..." he tried to say, but his voice had vanished again.

His appearance shifted. His eyes bled to a strange gray, and the lines on his skin began to darken. He didn't seem to notice.

2 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Lerac followed. "Influence tests? Like, to see what else is affecting me? Wynn, can't you just tell them I'm fine so we can go?"

@Ranryu

3 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Ruined city of ???

"Yes, I could've been less prepared. I could have not had my watch and would've been buried under those shadow creatures more thoroughly." Thaidakar smiled. "Besides, I like to improvise. It gives me good practice for when random dark gods or chickens attack."

@UnfortunatelyNamed

Ruined City of ???

Rue sighed and shook her head. "I am not a blue," she muttered quietly. "I should not be going on quests, I should not be allowing dangerous men to be ungentled and free, and I certainly should not be helping them." Then, louder, she said, "At least you didn't die. Try to remember how inconvenient that would be for some of us."

2 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Lerac followed. "Influence tests? Like, to see what else is affecting me? Wynn, can't you just tell them I'm fine so we can go?"

@Ranryu

"Absolutely not." She forced a stern look. "You clearly aren't okay, or at least you weren't a few minutes ago. If left untreated, this could cripple our efforts at a critical moment."

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

"Absolutely not." She forced a stern look. "You clearly aren't okay, or at least you weren't a few minutes ago. If left untreated, this could cripple our efforts at a critical moment."

I don't know if Wynn can tell, but to maintain this image he is burning through health very fast.

"If it is Malum, what could they do about it anyway?"