Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

Just now, Aes Sedai said:

Ruined City of ???: outskirts

“Calm down,” Rue said, the image of Aes Sedai serenity. “There’s no one there; you’ll just make everyone jumpy.”

@UnfortunatelyNamed

Rue can hear Malum now. When the text is red, it's in his mind. Right now, it sounds like someone is right next to them.

7 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

Ruined City of ???: outskirts

“Who’s there?” Rue called, the image of Aes Sedai serenity. 

@UnfortunatelyNamed

"I said, calm yourself. I currently have no intention of harming you, as I imagine it would be difficult to do so."

10 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Relax. I'm not going to do anything to you... Yet."

Ruined City of ???: Outskirts

"Ignore him. All he does is lie and manipulate." Nameless turned to stare at the domed city, keeping a firm hand on his anger and shame. "The Archive is at the center, I believe. So we need to get past that dome, avoid all those dangers that the map warned us about, and get there, yes? Shouldn't be too hard."

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Aes Sedai @Random Bystander

5 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"Ignore him. All he does is lie and manipulate." Nameless turned to stare at the domed city, keeping a firm hand on his anger and shame. "The Archive is at the center, I believe. So we need to get past that dome, avoid all those dangers that the map warned us about, and get there, yes? Shouldn't be too hard."

"Oh, one more thing." The air crackled around them, and a bolt of energy appeared a few feet away. It was laced with Malum's signature purple, but the bulk of it was Kaos energy.

9 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Oh, one more thing." The air crackled around them, and a bolt of energy appeared a few feet away. It was laced with Malum's signature purple, but the bulk of it was Kaos energy.

"What is that?" Nameless backed away from the strange bolt. "You expect me to touch it?"

3 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"What is that?" Nameless backed away from the strange bolt. "You expect me to touch it?"

Certainly, of you want to be taken by Kaos. This is mostly a warning. I could use this on any one of you, if I so chose.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

Thaidakar jumped through grinning. The portal crackled behind him, shattering into a thousand pieces. He laughed as he landed in the yellow crab-grass. The breeze rushed around him as he looked up. The sky was covered by shimmering purple energy sparkling like millions of stars that gave off light to replace the sun. Beyond the field of energy, it was as black as the void. He turned, looking over to one side. The energy was sloping down in the distance, stretching far off in the plain of grass, which probably wasn't as close as he could see. he turned to the others, seeing a large city rising in the distance with white lime walls with towers rising above it.

I hope y'all like the description of the area

8 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Nameless shivered, staring at the bolt of energy. He broke his eyes away, staring towards the city. "So, to the center then?"

The bolt vanished in a flash of light. Nameless could hear footsteps coming up to right beside him.

8 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The bolt vanished in a flash of light. Nameless could hear footsteps coming up to right beside him.

Nameless sighed. "You're following us? What do you want with the Archive?"

9 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Nothing in particular. Just... Enjoying myself. Boop." An invisible finger poked Nameless on the nose.

Nameless lashed out blindly with weaves of spirit, sharpening them to a razor's edge as he sought out Malum.

Edited by UnfortunatelyNamed

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

There was something caught there, and then there wasn't. "Not exactly." The voice came from his other side.

Nameless shrugged. "At least I can find you, if I must. Really though, shouldn't you be getting back to TAAron?"

45 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"Of course. I forget. Your lies all seem to blend together, since you've told so many."

"Why the denial?" An image appeared in his mind of TAAron on the ground, chest torn open. The group surrounded him, in distress.

This is real.

@UnfortunatelyNamed

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

15 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Clinic: Calano's Room

Calano smiled, a small laugh escaping him.

"More than she ever knew," He said, "More than anyone knew. I loved her the moment I saw her. I went years without telling her, for fear it would ruin our friendship. I loved her so, so much."

He looked down, smiling sadly.

The Clinic: Calano's Room

Telrao blinked slowly, a comforting purr rumbling within her. "I'm sure she knew, Calano. She loved you, more than you would know. Just in her way. Emma was a special human. And so are you."

She jumped off the bed and drew a few lines in the air, watching as they sparked to light, then faded. She closed her eyes, feeling Calano's sorrow, grief, worry. "You carry a heavy burden, friend. But you are not alone."

She found a fragment of the picture of Emma and pressed her paw against it. She closed her eyes, furry brow furrowed in concentration as the fragment began to glow with a white light. Around the room, other fragments began to glow also. She felt Calano's love for Emma, the Connection between him and the picture, and she channelled it into the fragment, which shuddered and grew into the original picture, complete. Whole.

She smiled at her accomplishment, then pushed it with her nose towards Calano. "I believe this belongs to you."

@CalanoCorvus

2 hours ago, Telrao said:

The Clinic: Calano's Room

Telrao blinked slowly, a comforting purr rumbling within her. "I'm sure she knew, Calano. She loved you, more than you would know. Just in her way. Emma was a special human. And so are you."

She jumped off the bed and drew a few lines in the air, watching as they sparked to light, then faded. She closed her eyes, feeling Calano's sorrow, grief, worry. "You carry a heavy burden, friend. But you are not alone."

She found a fragment of the picture of Emma and pressed her paw against it. She closed her eyes, furry brow furrowed in concentration as the fragment began to glow with a white light. Around the room, other fragments began to glow also. She felt Calano's love for Emma, the Connection between him and the picture, and she channelled it into the fragment, which shuddered and grew into the original picture, complete. Whole.

She smiled at her accomplishment, then pushed it with her nose towards Calano. "I believe this belongs to you."

@CalanoCorvus

The picture was pretty much disintegrated, so that probably wouldn't work.

Matra shook her head. “Of course, you’re new, you wouldn’t know about Kaos.”

She took a deep breath. “Well, it’s like this…”

Am I right in thinking that you know all the Kaos lore, but X is asking about it for character continuity?

If that’s not the case, I’m probably not the best person to explain - ask Calano or Wizard.

@xinoehp512

Edited by Shadowed
typo

1 hour ago, Shadowed said:

Am I right in thinking that you know all the Kaos lore, but X is askingabout it for character continuity?

If that’s not the case, I’m probably not the best person to explain - ask Calano or Wizard.

That is correct! ^_^
I do want to go through the whole discussion anyways, though, because X doesn't actually realize that his world has been overrun by Kaos yet, and that's a critical character moment. Perhaps your character could call someone else over if they aren't able to explain fully?