Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

9 hours ago, Shadowed said:

Wandering the hallways of the Clinic pondering what she could do to help Calano, Matra spotted a man she hadn’t seen before in the distance. She ran up to him. “What’s your name? I don’t think we’ve met.”

@xinoehp512

The young man blinked. "I..." He looked at his hands again, and the crossed lines burned into his palms. "I'm X."

Clinic: Library

"It didn't say anything about a defense around the dimension? Strange. There was definitely some sort of interference. I was pushing through it, was almost through when something interrupted my weave. Quite violently, as you can see." Nameless shrugged. "You can give it a try Thaidakar, just be careful not to kill us all with... Soulless magic? I don't know what you use." 

Island on a Distant World

Lark frowned, scribbling something on his clipboard as he regarded the newcomer.

@The Bookwyrm @Aes Sedai @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Random Bystander

2 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"Wow. I'm suddenly concerned for my safety." Random stated, voice surprisingly calm.

1 hour ago, Aes Sedai said:

Clinic: library

“You get used to it,” Rue said tiredly. “Especially with company like this.”

@Random Bystander

"I doubt that I'd kill you on purpose," Thaidakar said as if that was comforting.

13 hours ago, Aes Sedai said:

“Storming Asha’man,” Rue muttered, turning to Thaidakar. “Will your way of traveling work?”

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Just now, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"It didn't say anything about a defense around the dimension? Strange. There was definitely some sort of interference. I was pushing through it, was almost through when something interrupted my weave. Quite violently, as you can see." Nameless shrugged. "You can give it a try Thaidakar, just be careful not to kill us all with... Soulless magic? I don't know what you use." 

"Alright... this is less of a Soulless ability...," Thaidakar concentrating, reaching for the forbidden power, taming it and seizing control of it. He was the master... he was in control here. Eventually, he would kill his enemy... He held up his hand in front of him and the air started to warp. A rip appeared in the air, energy sparking off of it. It was about the size of two people standing next to each other. Thaidakar nodded, "who's first?"

4 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm's Mind

Bookwyrm flinched as a beam of evil energy spikes through his mind.

Strangely, it did no damage, probably because of Bookwyrm's defenses. But it did clear away the darkness.

What? That's not Lark...who...?

He resolved to find out later and poured waves of energy into the darkness, shoving them back. With the small amount of energy Lark had given him and the strange burst of energy from the other being, he was able to shove the tendrils into the recesses of his mind and gain control of himself again.

Island on a Distant World: Flower field

Bookwyrm snapped awake, shoving the other two out of his mind. He jumped up and summoned his sword, pointing the tip at The Shrai.

"Who are you, and what do you want?" he demanded.

@UnfortunatelyNamed

one thing I'd like to say is that it's not evil per se, it's just of emotions that we typically perceive as evil. It is pretty close though.

As Bookwyrm defeats the tendrils, his defenses kick The Shrai out of his mind. The Shrai is brought back to consciousness.

Island on a Distant World: Flower Field

The Shrai backs up, confused and slightly intimidated. "I would ask you the same question. I was traveling and I was brought here by something. Was it you?" The Shrai summons its Blade and the tip nearly meets Bookwyrms Blade. A magnetic repulsion stops the tips from meeting and as The Shrai brings its Blade closer, he has to struggle to keep it level. 

Can you have Bookwyrm struggle a little to hold his Blade too? I want it to be a very strong force. TLM spoiler

Spoiler

Kind of like Trellium repelling other Investiture.

Edited by Being of Cacophony

14 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Alright... this is less of a Soulless ability...," Thaidakar concentrating, reaching for the forbidden power, taming it and seizing control of it. He was the master... he was in control here. Eventually, he would kill his enemy... He held up his hand in front of him and the air started to warp. A rip appeared in the air, energy sparking off of it. It was about the size of two people standing next to each other. Thaidakar nodded, "who's first?"

Nameless peered through the portal. "I see the city the Archive's said to be in. It's surrounded by some kind of dome, just like the map said." He looked disappointed. "Guess you're better at interdimensional travel than I am."

Island on a Distant World

Lark stepped in between The Shrai and Bookwyrm. "No fighting. It's bad for health, both physical and mental."

@Being of Cacophony

Edited by UnfortunatelyNamed

2 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Nameless peered through the portal. "I see the city the Archive's said to be in. It's surrounded by some kind of dome, just like the map said." He looked disappointed. "Guess you're better at interdimensional travel than I am."

"Yes," Thaidakar turned, eyes glowing red, "hopefully I'll be able to counter the costs..."

6 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Yes," Thaidakar turned, eyes glowing red, "hopefully I'll be able to counter the costs..."

"I... see. Well, don't worry. If you turn evil, I'll make sure to kill you before you can hurt anyone."

1 minute ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"I... see. Well, don't worry. If you turn evil, I'll make sure to kill you before you can hurt anyone."

"Well, at least we have that assurance." Thaidakar smiled, his eyes going back to normal as he adjusted his glasses. He slipped his laptop into his satchel.

9 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

7 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Well, at least we have that assurance." Thaidakar smiled, his eyes going back to normal as he adjusted his glasses. He slipped his laptop into his satchel.

2 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

“I’ll help,” Rue volunteers. 

What's going on here?

Nameless nodded, then gestured to the portal Thaidakar had made. "So, who wants to go first? Thaidakar? Rue?"

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Aes Sedai

To anyone paying enough attention, a curious presence appeared near them. To Nameless, it would be familiar.

10 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Nameless nodded, then gestured to the portal Thaidakar had made. "So, who wants to go first? Thaidakar? Rue? Random?"

Thaidakar shrugged, "I'll need to stay behind so I can close it as I leave and so I can keep it open while people get in."

9 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

To anyone paying enough attention, a curious presence appeared near them. To Nameless, it would be familiar.

Thaidakar turned, "hm?"

2 hours ago, Aes Sedai said:

Clinic: library

“You get used to it,” Rue said tiredly. “Especially with company like this.”

@Random Bystander

"Oh. Uh..." She seemed mildly concerned.

15 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Nameless nodded, then gestured to the portal Thaidakar had made. "So, who wants to go first? Thaidakar? Rue? Random?"

"Nope. Not me. I don't have a death wish." She said, backing away from the portal.

Edited by Random Bystander

4 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Nameless nodded. "Right. I guess I'll go then." He turned to enter the portal, then froze as he noticed the presence. "What are you doing here?"

@The Aspiring Archivist @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Random Bystander

She paused. "Um, you are going to have to be more specific than that... Who are you talking to?"

Edited by Random Bystander

"An evil god. Destroyed a whole universe aside from one person and a sword, and he wants to kill them too." Nameless glared at the presence. "Answer me Malum. Why are you here?"

@Random Bystander

"Oh. That's bad." She said, now backing away from wherever the scud the aforementioned guy was.

14 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"An evil god. Destroyed a whole universe aside from one person and a sword, and he wants to kill them too." Nameless glared at the presence. "Answer me Malum. Why are you here?"

@Random Bystander

"Which evil god? I know of at least two that've done exactly that."

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The young man blinked. "I..." He looked at his hands again, and the crossed lines burned into his palms. "I'm X."

“Well… Nice to meet you, X,” she replied, clearly not thinking for a second that that was his real name. We all have our reasons for not sharing everything with everyone. “We’re stretched a little thin at the moment, everyone’s on different missions, so we’re very glad to have someone else on board. I wonder if there’s anything we can be doing to help in the fight against Kaos…” 

Zarya, her Forbidden Entity, whispered deep inside of her. It corrupts, they hissed. I feel its tendrils, reaching out to those of pure minds, seeking to dominate, to destroy. You must stop it.

Matra sighed. This would be a lot easier if Zarya would consent to taking a physical form. To X, she added, “We have to stop it. So much is at stake; too many lives, too many entire universes.”