Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

8 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

Clinic: Library

Rue gave him a flat look. "You assume that I trust you that much? It might help, but it wouldn't be worth the risk." She turned to Thaidakar. "Does it say how to get there?"

@UnfortunatelyNamed @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

"Hmm..." he glanced back at it, reading it again. Thaidakar nodded, "well, sort of. It says that to get there you have to have the right words."

3 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Nameless coughed. "I believe I can handle that part. Gateways are my specialty. And I don't fancy Thaidakar's way of travel."

@Aes Sedai @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

"What do you mean by my way of travel?"

Just now, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"The void between worlds is... not to my taste. Unlike you Soulless types, my brain simply isn't equipped to deal with it."

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Thaidakar grinned, "I know other ways to travel besides that."

49 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"What? Why wouldn't you want me to know that weave? was going to suggest we link to see if I could figure out how do it with saidin. It's only really useful against shadowspawn, and we seem to be fighting a lot of that kind of creature lately."

The Clinic: Testing Room

"Yes. It's a terrible disease that afflicts many of those who read Brandon Sanderson's books. Similar to addiction, but far more difficult to break."

@Aes Sedai @xinoehp512

"So you treat that here?"

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

"So you treat that here?"

Clinic: Testing Room

"Yes. It's difficult work, but we've managed to be fairly effective, and that efficacy has been increasing recently." The receptionist shrugged. "When we're not being invaded by chickens, that is. Stuff like that happens an awful lot around here."

20 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"Yes. It's difficult work, but we've managed to be fairly effective, and that efficacy has been increasing recently." The receptionist shrugged. "When we're not being invaded by chickens, that is. Stuff like that happens an awful lot around here."

The young man's eyebrows raised slightly at the chicken part, but to be honest it was hardly any stranger than anything else that had happened today. "Do the patients just... appear? Like I did?"

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

The young man's eyebrows raised slightly at the chicken part, but to be honest it was hardly any stranger than anything else that had happened today. "Do the patients just... appear? Like I did?"

"Some of them. Others come of their own volition, or are admitted by distraught family. Why do you ask?"

43 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"If I wasn't brought here because of... that illness thing... then why was I brought here?"

The receptionist shrugged. "Above my paygrade. Maybe Dr. Calano can help you with that, or someone else around here." He opened the door to the testing room and gestured for the man to leave. "You have free reign of the clinic, aside from restricted areas."

A line of revolving light split the air in front of Nameless. "Its-almost-open" He grunted, drawing in more saidin, forcing more power into his weaves. "Almost.... there. Almos-"

The light shattered, shards of light shooting out around the library, a barrage of the five powers exploding around the room.

@Aes Sedai @Thaidakar the Ghostblood@Random Bystander

Edited by UnfortunatelyNamed

8 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

The receptionist shrugged. "Above my paygrade. Maybe Dr. Calano can help you with that, or someone else around here." He opened the door to the testing room and gestured for the man to leave. "You have free reign of the clinic, aside from restricted areas."

"Oh. Okay."

The young man awkwardly stood there for a moment before following the receptionist's directions. It was only once he was in the hallway that he realized he had no idea where to go. So he just started walking.

Is anyone else currently aimless in the clinic that my character could bump into?

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

Hmm. Does anyone know the most well-defined areas of the Clinic and their descriptions?

We usually just create our own areas since the clinic is so massive, but the top of the clinic is like the top of Uritheru. And the Lobby area has a fountain and some kind of a statue. One of Wizard I think since that was after he died but before he came back. Calano would know the inscription.

@CalanoCorvus

17 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

A line of revolving light split the air in front of Nameless. "Its-almost-open" He grunted, drawing in more saidin, forcing more power into his weaves. "Almost.... there. Almos-"

The light shattered, shards of light shooting out around the library, a barrage of the five powers exploding around the room.

@Aes Sedai @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Rue ducked. "What the light was that? You could have killed us all, you storming goat!" 

@UnfortunatelyNamed

Yeah, we should probably make a general map. There's hallways, everyone has a room, there's a lobby, Calano's office, some hallways, a boarded-up basement covered in no entry signs, a library, and hallways. 

Nameless held a hand to his side, a sharp sense of pain echoing through the bond. "Sorry. There seems to be some sort of protections around the Archive's dimensions. Probably should've listened better to Thaidakar."

@Aes Sedai

Edited by UnfortunatelyNamed

53 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Nameless held a hand to his side, a sharp sense of pain echoing through the bond. "Sorry. There seems to be some sort of protections around the Archive's dimensions. Probably should've listened better to Thaidakar."

@Aes Sedai

"Actually, there was nothing about that on the map thing."

4 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Oh. Okay."

The young man awkwardly stood there for a moment before following the receptionist's directions. It was only once he was in the hallway that he realized he had no idea where to go. So he just started walking.

Yes, me.

Wandering the hallways of the Clinic pondering what she could do to help Calano, Matra spotted a man she hadn’t seen before in the distance. She ran up to him. “What’s your name? I don’t think we’ve met.”

@xinoehp512

12 hours ago, Telrao said:

The Clinic: Calano's Room

Telrao watched Calano with visible uncertainty as he re-entered the room. She jumped up onto his bed, sitting primly, waiting.

She opened her mouth to ask Calano a question, then closed it. Instead, she drew Aon Omi, the Aon for Love in the air and let it hang there, glowing.

"You... really loved her, didn't you?" She said softly.

@CalanoCorvus

shut up about the double posting, i gotta do what i gotta do

Clinic: Calano's Room

Calano smiled, a small laugh escaping him.

"More than she ever knew," He said, "More than anyone knew. I loved her the moment I saw her. I went years without telling her, for fear it would ruin our friendship. I loved her so, so much."

He looked down, smiling sadly.

11 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The Dreamscape

Emma looks thoughtfully at the helm now in her hands.

"Yes, but it's limited to a few forms. One form of terror, one of my god, and one of the god of my husband."
@InfiniteInsanity @Shining Silhouette

The Dreamscape

"Huh. So keep going?"

@The Wandering Wizard

19 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"I warned you!!" The Shrai yells.

Bookwyrm's Mind

As The Shrai enters Bookwyrm's mind, all it sees is swirling black, perverted light. It fires a bolt of red hate and it leaves a trail that is quickly filled in by the swirling black. The black light strikes back into his mind but is repelled by the red energy. The Shrai can see nothing but stays in the realm of black light.

Bookwyrm's Mind

Bookwyrm flinched as a beam of evil energy spikes through his mind.

Strangely, it did no damage, probably because of Bookwyrm's defenses. But it did clear away the darkness.

What? That's not Lark...who...?

He resolved to find out later and poured waves of energy into the darkness, shoving them back. With the small amount of energy Lark had given him and the strange burst of energy from the other being, he was able to shove the tendrils into the recesses of his mind and gain control of himself again.

Island on a Distant World: Flower field

Bookwyrm snapped awake, shoving the other two out of his mind. He jumped up and summoned his sword, pointing the tip at The Shrai.

"Who are you, and what do you want?" he demanded.

@UnfortunatelyNamed