[From the SP4 live stream] What is Brandon's "hidden foreshadowing" for the Stormlight back five?

Ixthos

• 4 weeks later...

The whole planet seems weird to me honestly. As a planet. What kind of planet has a ginormous shallow lake? Magic or not. The horneater peaks are habitable for reasons that should make anyone scared to live there. Aren't they going to erupt one day? It's almost like the planet has a really thin crust in some places. Or a artificial layer under the crust. 

59 minutes ago, Storyspren said:

The whole planet seems weird to me honestly. As a planet. What kind of planet has a ginormous shallow lake? Magic or not. The horneater peaks are habitable for reasons that should make anyone scared to live there. Aren't they going to erupt one day? It's almost like the planet has a really thin crust in some places. Or a artificial layer under the crust. 

Roshar doesn't experience plate tectonics.

On 4/14/2022 at 6:38 PM, RedBlue said:

It’s as though the rock was much more fluid (molten?) at some point, and a tone was played really really loudly, and then the rock froze in place. That’s what I would be thinking, if I were a scholar living on Roshar. But ... why? When? How? By whom?

I thought it was confirmed that radiant (will shapers or stonewards) created the dawn cities.

I'll echo a couple of people already and throw my hat in for the "strata" patterns on all of the Dawncities and Urithiru and also the Origin of storms - there's got to be something there, the amount of times Dalinar "stares out to the Origin" and we have the lighthouse keeper interlude as well.

May be a long shot but in WoK Shallan mentions "strange maps" of her father's they found but never get to find out what they were maps of and then not mentioned again

On 5/14/2022 at 4:54 PM, Ta'veren Kaladin said:

I thought it was confirmed that radiant (will shapers or stonewards) created the dawn cities.

Post RoW, I got the idea that they were probably made by the old Singer form of Stoneshaping we see. The old pre-Odium singers were the Dawnsingers, so the Dawncities could easily have been their cities.

OTOH, the sheer scale suggests that they and the Shattered Plains were probably Dawnshard related.

Not that those are mutually exclusive, Dawnsinger Stoneshaping might have been boosted by a Dawnshard.