Secret Project paperbacks

jamesbondsmith

I managed to blank completely on the kickstarter, was there any more update on whether these projects would be available in bookshops like his other works? All I could find was a solid 'maybe'.

Edit: I found the late pledge link, does anyone know what the file format for the ebooks is? I like the idea of the physical books, but my bookshelves are overflowing as it is, and AU$400 feels a little pricey when shipping is factored in for 4 books.

Edited by jamesbondsmith

On 4/2/2022 at 10:18 PM, jamesbondsmith said:

OK. I've never had ebooks before, so I wasn't sure what formats I would be able to use on my phone or laptop or something.

There are many options for free ebook apps for different formats, and Brandon often has multiple formats, and they are always DRM free so that you can use your reader of choice. 

• 1 month later...

Resurrecting the thread for another question: I ordered the ebooks through the pre-order store, which according to the FAQs means I don't need to fill out that survey (got a bit of a fright there when I checked my emails). Do I need to do anything else to receive the ebooks?

Hmmmm, assuming you did it through backerkit, I don't think so. Ordinarily, you back the kickstarter, clarify whatever needs to be clarified in the survey through backerkit, and then stuff is posted to backerkit when it's available if you purchased it. In this case, you likely bought them straight through backerkit, so you should be good to go. I think these are supposed to be delivered on the first day of the first month of each respective quarter, so come January 1st you should just be able to log into backerkit and download the book. You should also recieve an email when the books are available to download, but sometimes those emails come at a delay, so watch out for Brandon or someone at Dragonsteel announcing they're ready around the relevant times. 

Edited by Harrycrapper