Theory: Nomad died and Aux reverse-bonded his Cognitive Shadow

Vin(Diesel)

My theory: Sigzil/Nomad died, and Aux did a reverse Nahel bond on his Cognitive Shadow.

My evidence:

Nomad told Hoid, "You didn’t do anything when my friends and I were dying to arrows all those years ago.  I went to Damnation then".

So Nomad died and went to Damnation. He is (or at least was) dead. 

Second, Aux consistently calls himself a knight and Nomad his squire. Yes, I know, it would fit my theory better if Aux called Nomad his spren. Bonded spren aren't called squires. However, Aux might be calling Nomad that just because Aux is amused at being in the Knight position for a change. 

I think things happened in the following order:

1. Sigzil took up Hoid's old Dawnshard. 

2. Sigzil died and went to Damnation.

3. Sigzil's oaths "ended," (I will address what that might mean in another post.)

4. Aux reverse-Nahel bonded Sigzil.

5. Sigzil escaped Braize and went on the run.

Clearly, he took up the Dawnshard before his oaths ended because he said that his "oaths overrode that aspect of the Torment,” before Aux reminds him, "I’m sorry, Nomad.  But what oaths?" His oaths used to override part of the Torment, but now it is over. Perhaps Sigzil was already a Dawnshard before Stormlight 1, and we just don't realize it because he has taken oaths and can therefore kill people.

For lack of other information, I am guessing that the Dawnshard is what gave Sigzil enough immortality to go to Braize when he died rather than going to the Beyond. He notably doesn't say WE went to damnation, even though he'd just said "my friends and I" died of arrows. So I don't think the Radiants all became the new Heralds or something, and I don't see why Sigzil would be included in some group of people to be Heralds or something unless that group was Radiants, Windrunners, or Bridge 4. Therefore, I suspect it was just Sigzil. I could be very wrong about that, though. 

What do you think?

Hi Vin(Diesel), that's an interesting take. 

5 hours ago, Vin(Diesel) said:

"You didn’t do anything when my friends and I were dying to arrows all those years ago.  I went to Damnation then." 

I read this quote as Sigzil referring to his days as a bridgeman and the other men dying to Parshendi arrows. I can't remember right off if Kaladin or another bridge four member referred to their time as a bridgeman as "damnation" but I wouldn't be surprised. Anyway this interpretation doesn't contradict your hypothesis.  

• 2 weeks later...