Been reading the Cosmere for years.

Nadirjoy

Hi,

Just introducing myself. I've been reading Sanderson for years. 

My first book was tWoK, then WoR, then OB. I didn't read anything else because I wasn't Cosmere aware. I could tell that OB had a character that had a bigger backstory than what was in the book.

Then I read Mistborn era 1, then Era 2 etc all of those I read without realizing there was a connection. Then I joined a FB group, and boom my mind was blown. 

I've done at least two/three rereads of all the Cosmere books so far. 

Anyway, obvious with the KS I'm really excited. Plus I can tell that we're finally getting to the Cosmere aware books. Exciting.

Personal information: 40 something mom of two. My kids are 13 & 15...my 15 yr old is total bookwyrm but while she's read some of Sanderson's non Cosmere books hasn't wanted to read the Cosmere yet.

I mainly use audiobooks nowadays cause of my vision issues but I really like it better for a variety of reasons.

Anyway I look forward to digging into the Cosmere with fellow fans

And that KS was a surprise and not a surprise. I always figured that Sanderson was writing more during the pandemic. I totally thought maybe he'd finish something earlier but 4/5 new books! 

10 hours ago, PurpurPhönix said:

Welcome! What's your favorite Cosmere book and favorite Cosmere Character?

Honestly, while I definitely have ones I like less than others I tend to view the novels as whole series...or all the Cosmere. LoL so all of it, except I do have a list of ones I don't like as much or I don't think are as good to reread (as much as MBEra1 is an awesome read, it's less fun on rereads. Era 2 is much better on re-reads)

Same with characters, especially since they certainly evolve over time in the Cosmere. But Hoid/Wit is definitely one I like finding in the novels. It's like where's waldo but Cosmere edition.