Brandon is such a troll

2 hours ago, Binkery said:

This is what I was thinking.  Them just thinking about the 'extra' flow of cash right now maybe they could pull off the 5th book in a graphic novel or something.  Although that would be a rather different undertaking with all the artwork... 

I think Brandon is a bit too astute for this to be the case. In the first video of this Kickstarter mess, he basically said that that book would not be part of the Kickstarter because he did not think it would appeal to the audience of the Kickstarter. 

Now, maybe some crem have been spamming the Kickstarter comments so he thinks otherwise now, but I do think he's still going with a traditional publisher on that one. 

Could be the Nicki Savage book anouncement from Isaac, that would be fun. Does anybody know how far along he was last time they talked about it?

But I do hope it's Secret History 2. The timing would be great, Era 2 could wrap up nicely with some new hinted at Kelsier stuff and then a while later we get more behind the scenes. 

I don't know how I would feel about a TV or movie anouncement, I feel like it's too soon. Unless the Kickstarter hype gave him some leverage for pushing for an animated adaptation, that would be something.

Edited by Ciridae

4 hours ago, Orlion Blight said:

So recent stream rules out: 

It's not a movie adaptation 

It's not "another surprise novel."

A lot to be interpreted in that last statement. 

Is that definitive. I did not see the stream. He expressly ruled out a film in a clear and straightforward way?

6 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

Is that definitive. I did not see the stream. He expressly ruled out a film in a clear and straightforward way?

It was an off screen fellow (Peter?) that said "it's not a movie adaptation" and Brandon agreed and he and Matt Hatch started talking about development of a Mistborn movie and Wheel of Time stuffs. 

Basically, for sure the secret is not a Mistborn movie adaptation. Peter's exact words were "it's not a movie adaptation".

8 minutes ago, Orlion Blight said:

It was an off screen fellow (Peter?) that said "it's not a movie adaptation" and Brandon agreed and he and Matt Hatch started talking about development of a Mistborn movie and Wheel of Time stuffs. 

Basically, for sure the secret is not a Mistborn movie adaptation. Peter's exact words were "it's not a movie adaptation".

If it's just a game well that's exciting for some, but I hope that it's something a bit more substantial. The hype demands it.