Should I read...?

Hen

In which people ask whether a book is worth reading or not. Are there websites for this? Apps for this? Careers dedicated to this? Yes yep and Most Definitely. Am I making this thread any way? Please refer to the fifth sentence.  Mostly I want to ask if I should read a book but I don't wanna look it up on Goodreads, (besides, I trust you guys more). 

Should I read War and Peace? Is it worth it? Will I be crushed, emotionally, physically, and motivationally? 

Oh gosh, I love recommending books.  I'd like to know what you're into first though, as I don't want to recommend an enimies-to-lovers romance when you're preferred story type is an intergalactic quest with lots of descriptions of bloody battles.  Both are great, but you may not think so!

On 3/28/2022 at 1:37 PM, Hen said:

Should I read War and Peace? Is it worth it? Will I be crushed, emotionally, physically, and motivationally? 

Yes, you should. 

BUT

1) Be in the mood for Tolstoy

2) Get a modern translation. Ye Olde Constance translation is cheaper, but it's not as good a translation AND you also have to deal with outdated English