Elantrian Population Upper Limits

I was reading a few topics on this forum and came across this thread from 2020. Not wanting to raise it back from the dead, I am making a new thread to continue the discussion with my own suggestion regarding why the number of Elantrians is limited.

There is one Elantrian for each Aon, like happens with Seons. There is a limited number of Aons, and so with one Elantrian representing each Aon, the number of Elantrians is also limited.

I have no idea how Elantrians are chosen, but we know from WOB that it's not completely random. I initially thought that it might even be the Aon in their name, but a quick search through the Coppermind yields four different Elantrians named after Aon Rii. Speaking of which, it's been asked, and apparently it has more to do with Connection.

Sounds feasible

10 hours ago, ShardlessVessel said:

I have no idea how Elantrians are chosen, but we know from WOB that it's not completely random. I initially thought that it might even be the Aon in their name, but a quick search through the Coppermind yields four different Elantrians named after Aon Rii. Speaking of which, it's been asked, and apparently it has more to do with Connection.

I've always thought that the Shaod chose people the exemplified Devotion:

e.g.

• Raoden's devotion to the people of Arelon
  • Gallodon's devotion to Farming - including building his house with his own hands
  • Mareshe's devotion to "Art"
  • Taan's devotion to Sculpting
  • Saolin's devotion to duty and Eondel
  • etc.