Sorry for thinking you were an elim, Bort. The whole game I was thinking that you put your role as Elantrian in the elim doc and forgot you shouldn't do so in the empire doc.

I still stand by my D1 vote for Experience. Nobody would have gotten anything out of that claim had I not cast a vote.

In the MR, Aman and I think Orlok mentioned that leaving past threads unmerged was convenient for quoting purposes. What do other people think?

Just now, Tani said:

@Kasimir

This makes me happy.

I'll have you know I was chuckling well into the afternoon and making odd laughing noises in my cubicle at work, and trying not to, and having my colleagues pop in to ask me if I was alright and I couldn't explain why I was laughing so hard/much...

1 hour ago, The Baker said:

My read accuracy for finding wolves this game was a bit below what I usually aim for (I blame getting stuck on the assumption that there was 1 elim per doc!), but @Kasimir was obv-town fairly early and I had confidence in him leading town to a victory if I just made sure he stayed alive!

Really liked your playstyle and the bread, though I was also crying inside trying to assign a read to you! :) Think you balanced a fun playstyle and trying to do analysis/constructive Village work fairly well, and appreciate you stepping up during D4 to try to help us avoid MLing you (because I really didn't want to ML you if you were Village and I just wasn't sure.)

And thanks for trying to keep me alive :P

Not wrong that I tend to die a lot as a Villager... Short shelf life will be my new self-descriptor, thank you :P 

Beware if Kas lives a long time. He is a baked good with very short shelf life. The longer he lives, the moldier he gets. You say you trust him, I trust you, but Kas has silver tongue. He should be killed by elims before end game and if not then he is moldy through and through.

It does tickle me that we were both trying similar things, only I was trying to keep TJ alive because I was worried Sart would vig kill him, and also sort of wanted to see if anyone was game to try to exploit the TJ opening with an eye to the final few. 

34 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

In the MR, Aman and I think Orlok mentioned that leaving past threads unmerged was convenient for quoting purposes. What do other people think?

I think this is true, though using quicklinks only takes an extra five seconds so I don’t really care.

35 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Preferred them merged. The quicklinks are easy to access. And I think the unmerged comment only matters if the threads aren't locked, because otherwise, we can't quote from locked threads. 

8 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I think this is true, though using quicklinks only takes an extra five seconds so I don’t really care.

7 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Preferred them merged. The quicklinks are easy to access. And I think the unmerged comment only matters if the threads aren't locked, because otherwise, we can't quote from locked threads. 

So you'd prefer the threads merged but keep everything unlocked?

12 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

So you'd prefer the threads merged but keep everything unlocked?

Actually I don't mind quoting from a locked thread. Sure, it's a long workaround for us players but it's not as much of a nuisance for me as it was for Orlok and Aman in the MR. But no, meant that: A) They were specifically referring to being unable to quote from a locked thread as a pain point, and B ) I think the merged bit doesn't make too much of a difference. Hunting the thread down from the quicklinks is a bit faster than scanning the subforum for it, IMO. Especially with two games running simultaneously...

3 hours ago, JNV said:

@shadow1 best scumchum I could have asked for thanks bud you left me too soon

You too! Sorry the villagers offed me but eh it was good while it lasted :) At least the advantage of getting swept is neither of us had to play out some ridiculous long game haha

1 hour ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I prefer merged but unlocked. But realistically, the only time I want to casually quote posts is the round after they're made, so I actually like it when the mods are slow to merge the most recent thread into the big collection because that's usually the one I'm looking for. Ideal scenario would probably be thread locks at the appointed time, thread is unlocked for the GM to post a comment about the cycle being over and it stays like that for the 24/48 hours until the current round ends, at which point its merged. But this is not a priority issue for me. :P. 

23 minutes ago, shadow1 said:

You too! Sorry the villagers offed me

Next time we're e-e I'll repay the favor and flip the script by making sure the elims off you :P. 

1 hour ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

See for quoting purposes its nice but when you link a post directly the link breaks on the merge so better to merge but leave unlocked methinks basically the same as leaving them unmerged honestly as long as they arent locked in the merged place you can still quote

47 minutes ago, shadow1 said:

You too! Sorry the villagers offed me but eh it was good while it lasted :) At least the advantage of getting swept is neither of us had to play out some ridiculous long game haha

Yeah at minimum like a week no thank you better to die fierce than to live a broken wolf

24 minutes ago, Archer said:

Next time we're e-e I'll repay the favor and flip the script by making sure the elims off you :P. 

Look just dont be so sus next time easy 

14 minutes ago, JNV said:

Yeah at minimum like a week no thank you better to die fierce than to live a broken wolf

My first elim game I also was left as a solo and we lost :P That’s happened another time since then as well… but I have wins too, you’ll get your vengeance soon

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Okay er so I can admit when I'm wrong, in retrospect I should have looked at who my scum partners were before convincing everyone to kill you :P

54 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

My first elim game I also was left as a solo and we lost :P That’s happened another time since then as well… but I have wins too, you’ll get your vengeance soon

My first Evil game, I threw myself at the lynch to thunderdome the Thief to try to buy my team a bit more time, but it really was futile. Bloody Thief had the temerity to side with the Village over us >:(

I geddit though. Village best alignment.

31 minutes ago, shadow1 said:

Okay er so I can admit when I'm wrong, in retrospect I should have looked at who my scum partners were before convincing everyone to kill you :P

No, no, I greatly appreciated you talking me onto Archer, thank you so much :P 

3 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I didn’t say that :eyes:

I'm referring to the Thief, not you :P I understand why he chose to side with the Village over us. Village best alignment! I can confirm I wept with joy to see the beautiful green in my GM PM...

Edited by Kasimir

Oh wow I was not expecting this to be over when I came back on to check today. Go village! @Ashbringer thanks for running such an awesome game! And thanks to @Elbereth for helping Ash manage it when things were exploding. :P

Also, @Archer r00d

@The Baker Once I realized what you were doing, I was very amused by your play style. I do think, in the future, if you wanna do more bread pictures (which are always fun) you could probably spell a larger variety of words and still stick to the idea. Because it really was very fun to watch. 

Anyway, this was a really fun game and I’m glad we ended up winning. Good job everyone!

9 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Sorry for thinking you were an elim, Bort. The whole game I was thinking that you put your role as Elantrian in the elim doc and forgot you shouldn't do so in the empire doc.

Ha! Nope. I just forgot for a moment or two that there might be elims in our empire doc. Until you reminded me that is. I could have just left it up though, since we were clear anyways :)

sooooo many regulars? I derped so hard this game lmaoo xD i thought it was role-madness, which is why I claimed I had role in D1, and almost claimed what the role was then. :P

Well, I think this is the first elim sweep I've been a part of, so that's been fun, finding elims with almost no connections to each other xD Also, it was an exercise in restraint as I usually always use my role, even vote manip, each cycle. So knowing when to hold back as a villager is v important. Good game guys, and yes Arelene doc was v fun to hang around with the lads. 

SALVATION

The last of the agents had been found.

At what cost?

He had, in the end, found Locke's killer. Had denounced them for the traitor to their own people that they were. Some small measure of justice had been obtained. And the world continued to turn. And the world continued to turn, as it always did, and always would, regardless of what Kesan Acheris did.

"I should have killed you," Eshena said. 

Kesan looked at the other delegate in the eye, dispassionately. He said, "You should have."

Meant every word. 

He was Kesan Acheris, with half the blood flowing in his veins tracing back from the Rose Empire, with the burr of the distant provinces still on his tongue, as much as he'd suppressed every trace of the provincial backwater boy he'd been when he first began working for the Arelene Empire's diplomatic service. He was Kesan Acheris, minor diplomat, the one who'd seen enough assignments go to hell, some of them in his charge. He remembered working in the Frozen Moon teahouse, with Wuhern, and with Locke, and with Araolis, younger then—casually stopping by to give them warning.

The Arelene embassy closed its doors. The slaughter in the streets began the next day as Emperor Yazad was slain by a MaiPon assassin and the various factions of the Rose Empire, gathered like vultures about a dessicated corpse, began to jockey in earnest for power and advantage.

Thank Araolis, thought Kesan. But Araolis was dead as well, another in the trail of blood that Eshena and their counterparts had painted. Because there were always some who stood in the way of progress, of democracy. Of mutual understanding.

Because not everyone wanted to build bridges. Some of them wanted to tear them down.

Eshena should have killed him, Kesan thought. Locke would've known what to do. But they had not. And so here he was. He was alive, and Locke was dead. So he was carrying on Locke's negotiations, and now as the negotiations reached their end—or, if you were an optimist, a new beginning—Kesan found himself at a loss.

He threw himself into tasks. Always had. If a task was doing, it was worth doing well, and the nobility always sneered at you if you performed poorly. He'd always had to be perfect, and had in turn expected nothing less than perfection from himself. And now the task was over, and done as best as they could, and Kesan wondered what the next step was. What the next step would be. What he made of himself, when he wasn't juggling tasking after tasking, negotiations that needed to be done, treaties that had to be signed and agreed upon.

"You should start moving," Bark said. "Fjordell ships are here to pick everyone up." He clapped Kesan on the shoulder. "Good way to end the negotiations, with a show of inter-Empire cooperation and good will."

"I suppose so," Kesan said, quietly.

He was still alive. It seemed a poor answer. He filled his lungs with good clean air, with the tang of sea salt. The sunlight was warm on his skin, and the tide continued to come in, water pooling about his ankles and the salt-encrusted cuffs of his trousers. And the world kept on turning.

He bent, and picked up a handful of sand. He watched it trickle through his fingers.

As long as we are alive, Wuhern was saying, at the back of his head. As long as we cannot die, we must assume responsibility.

Water and sand, Kesan thought. A poor offering, to the dead. In Ukurgi, they prepared steamed buns, burned incense.

He squared his shoulders and walked along the shore, following the glittering traces where water met the shoreline, always bearing towards the distant flags and grey sails of the Fjordell ships sent to bring them all home.

Edited by Kasimir

Welp. It was really fun while it lasted. I really enjoyed putting a lot of time and effort doing analysis during the first cycle, even if all my reads were wrong :P

Also storm you @Archer for misleading me in the spec doc xD

Thanks @Ashbringer and @xinoehp512 and @Elbereth for running the game.

EDIT: Ash it also looks like RNG wanted me to be elim... 

Edited by Experience

Congratulations to the village for winning, and thank you to Ashbringer for running the game!

As always, if anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get ahold of Wilson, Devotary of Spontaneity, Elbereth, Araris Valerian, Elandera, or StrikerEZ, or post in the GM Signups & Discussion ThreadNot only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can. 

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone in our Art of Game Creation thread. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about. If you would rather keep some detail secret, or are self-conscious about posting in thread (there's really no need to be; while we do slaughter each other, we are very polite about it), then I'm sure one of our fantastic committee members (Amanuensis, STINK, Sart, Fifth Scholar, Straw, Archer, and Kasimir) would be more than willing to help you out in private.

Thanks again to everyone that played, and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r: