Hey just wanna say that I probably won’t be around much at the very start of the cycle. I should be around for a bit starting a few hours in, and then I’ll disappear again for most of Saturday, and come back in the afternoon. And then from there it’ll be more sporadic activity.

Also wow, so many new people. That’s awesome! Welcome!

I've been honestly contemplating withdrawing from this game.

My headspace has been deteriorating and I am aware of this. I really just want to not have to deal with people and to sleep for the next couple of months. But I'm also aware that giving in to that urge is going to make me worse off.

And Devo, Orlok, Aman, and Araris are playing...

I think I'm going to stay in, but just treat this as a lesson in accepting my limitations. If I'm more quiet or withdrawn than usual, this is likely because of where I now am. I need to learn to accept it's okay to not go all out all the time, as Archer and Striker said. If you need to exe me, go ahead, as always :)

Edited by Kasimir

Honestly I'm down for a chill game too

Like I kinda went on an MU game binge the last couple weeks and I'm actually kind of tuckered out :P

Let's just focus on having fun :D no overcommitment

ED1T:

32 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

My headspace has been deteriorating and I am aware of this. I really just want to not have to deal with people and to sleep for the next couple of months. But I'm also aware that giving in to that urge is going to make me worse off.

I feel this so hard tho. I had a really bad week because of my Bipolar + my uncle that got diagnosed with terminal cancer 2 months ago went catatonic a couple days ago. My dad's taken it really badly and that's been deteriorating my headspace too (lots of extreme fear of death existential crap I'm dealing with rn) so yeah, I'm down for just a relaxing distraction. We're actually going to say our goodbyes to him in the hospital tomorrow so much like Striker I might not be super active D1, and idk how bad that's going to impact my current emotional state, so yeah :D

Edited by Amanuensis

49 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Let's just focus on having fun :D no overcommitment

No overcommitment? When my Overcommitment Bro has signed up for the game? :o

J/k we can break the curses of Kas and Orlok overcommitment at the same time!

50 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I feel this so hard tho. I had a really bad week because of my Bipolar + my uncle that got diagnosed with terminal cancer 2 months ago went catatonic a couple days ago. My dad's taken it really badly and that's been deteriorating my headspace too (lots of extreme fear of death existential crap I'm dealing with rn) so yeah, I'm down for just a relaxing distraction. We're actually going to say our goodbyes to him in the hospital tomorrow so much like Striker I might not be super active D1, and idk how bad that's going to impact my current emotional state, so yeah :D

I'm sorry to hear, bro :(

I get what you mean, and will be thinking of you and hoping you can weather the emotional storm :/

15 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

Ah, well interesting new players are always fun to play with. Sign me up as Bark. :P.

This time, it's okay bro - you can let your Evil bros kill me first, I'm fine dying before you :P 

... Shard, why do you not give me notifications.

Welcome shadow! This is more a theoretical Sel game so it's not too big on spoilers, although it is post-Elantris. Although again, I'm not sure how much writeup power I'm going to have. I need to make rollovers happen first :P

Kas, Aman... well, just let me or Elbereth know if you need a break or a pinch hitter or a vent or something. That goes for anyone else too. 

... was there something else I needed to say? Oh. Dahkor Kills and Elim Kills aren't distinguished. Maybe a few other things. I don't know, I haven't done this in a while. 

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

I haven't done this in a while. 

I feel you on this :P

Pro-tip from one rusty GM to another: Don't make a bet with a IRL friend on a game occurrence happening/not happening involving the penalty of shaving your head...

And thanks - I think this is one of the games I feel most confident about playing given you're the GM and El's the IM, that nothing too bad will happen even if I really just end up not being able to do much at all. And I can always just be killed if I'm getting in the way, so no loss there. 

And I really want to chill with my bros :/

On 3/25/2022 at 7:39 PM, Ashbringer said:

Signups will end on Friday April 1st at 12:00 PM PDT  /  7:00 PM GMT. (Yes, I'm starting the game on April Fool's Day. But it's either that or start it immediately after the MR rollover. :P) Game will start fairly soon after that but may take a bit longer.

Wait I'm dumb I thought yesterday was the 1st haha

1 hour ago, Kasimir said:

And I really want to chill with my bros :/

And chill we will :D

Edited by Amanuensis

7 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Pro-tip from one rusty GM to another: Don't make a bet with a IRL friend on a game occurrence happening/not happening involving the penalty of shaving your head...

Lollll. Another GM tip: Never put a rule in your ruleset that gives any player a free doctor protect that night if they successfully rickroll the GM. The players will take that very seriously XD

Also I too am down for a chill game! Just finished tryharding one last night and will preferably not repeat the effort.

7 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

... Shard, why do you not give me notifications.

Welcome shadow! This is more a theoretical Sel game so it's not too big on spoilers, although it is post-Elantris. Although again, I'm not sure how much writeup power I'm going to have. I need to make rollovers happen first :P

Don't worry about spoilers, I am usually rather oblivious. But I will read it asap, it will be fun to do while playing a game based on it. Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

2 hours ago, shadow1 said:

Lollll. Another GM tip: Never put a rule in your ruleset that gives any player a free doctor protect that night if they successfully rickroll the GM. The players will take that very seriously XD

I'm hearing a story there :eyes:

Aaaaand signups are closed!

I need to go get food, so the actual start of the game may take a while. Also I'll probably start and then get the Empire Docs up and running after the thread. 

Don't worry, I know exactly what I'm doing :P 

• Elbereth locked and unpinned this topic

LG84 Day 1: A Fool's Diplomacy

The diplomats watched the fire with a mix of emotions. Some shock, some horror, some a resigned look of accepting fate. The large Teod boat that had carried them to this island to negotiate had been set ablaze, and while their seons reported that the fire was contained, the small transport ships that had actually made it ashore to bring them and their food and water had not been so fortunate. They were stuck here, for now. The negotiations would continue, but a new tension filled the air - a tension that, sooner or later, for better or worse, would break.

D1 has begun! There is a vote execution this cycle. The cycle will end on April 3rd at 12:00 PM PDT / 7:00 PM GMT.

Please note PMs are closed. I'll send out the Empire Docs soon. There are 4 different Empires.

Rule Clarifications:

Spoiler

See the source image

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Thaidakar the Ghostblood - Levin Adventure
  2. @JNV - Eshena
  3. @Matrim's Dice - Philico
  4. @StrikerEZ - Dior Braondo
  5. @Archer - General Manager Atashbringer
  6. @Illwei - please
  7. @The Baker -
  8. @The Sibling - Lyric
  9. @Bort - Bortington the Blind
  10. @Tani - Mehelin
  11. @Kasimir - Kesan Acheris
  12. @Amanuensis - Jotaon Josteor
  13. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Dahlia
  14. @Araris Valerian - Araolis
  15. @Orlok Tsubodai - Locke
  16. @shadow1
  17. @|TJ| - Bark
  18. @Experience - Zara

I think that's everything?

Edited by Elbereth
added lock time

Hello, playahs! After Ashbringer was horribly murdered in the rules post, the job of leading you has fallen to me, Atashbringer! Feel free to give a holler if ya need anything. I promise to be a good leader and never Rick Rule any of you. 

Thaid 

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

The diplomats watched the fire with a mix of emotions. Some shock, some horror, some a resigned look of accepting fate. The large Teod boat that had carried them to this island to negotiate had been set ablaze, and while their seons reported that the fire was contained, the small transport ships that had actually made it ashore to bring them and their food and water had not been so fortunate. They were stuck here, for now. The negotiations would continue, but a new tension filled the air - a tension that, sooner or later, for better or worse, would break.

There was a proverb for this situation in the Rose Empire. 

Kesan Acheris thought of it, even as he watched the dying fires from the shore. A tale of a Rose Empire general who'd broken the pots used to cook food, and set his own ships ablaze, after his army had crossed the river. Such proverbs had tales attached to them, always. Teaching tales, perhaps. Or just a way to remember the proverb itself.

With their back to the river, the army had fought, knowing there was no retreat.

Well, Kesan thought, sarkastically. The negotiations certainly weren't short...

But it wasn't within his control, not quite yet. Others were at work putting out the fires, and there was nothing Kesan could do about that. So he filed that away in his mind and turned to join the rest of the representatives from his empire.

@Ashbringer - Are we allowed to report which Empire we are in, along with our fellow negotiating team?

Just now, Kasimir said:

@Ashbringer - Are we allowed to report which Empire we are in, along with our fellow negotiating team?

Good question! I appreciate your interest in the mechanics of this game. Curiosity will serve you well, especially when reading the rulesets of two games with similar mechanics back to back. Devo, we need to talk! Smiley face with tongue sticking out!

1 minute ago, Experience said:

Zara wondered why everyone was pronouncing her name with long A's. Elantrians were weird. 

Zaraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!