1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Who wants to bet Striker is purposely voting a second late on the opposite train to an elim as a TWTBAW strategy? xD Probably not but it is funny

Okay look. I swear I hit submit before it hit 2:00 my time. But it lagged and took a couple seconds to post. :(

The timestamp was exactly 2:00:01 smh

5 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Wow 2/2

I should do low effort solving more

Sorry Illwei :(

ED1T:

@Matrim's Dice well I'm pretty sure you're cleared now, Illwei voted you and you voted her so good enough for me. Sorry for doubting you :P I just get really weirded out by players who seem to Village read me before I do enough to prove it

I've been saying that low effort solving works best! :)

Good call there, I wouldn't have thought to do that myself! This is why we have a whole village :D

As for why I didn't switch, well I didn't feel that strongly about it and honestly I was thinking more about who was getting killed from a thread perspective and how I felt about it than who I was voting for myself, like what would that really have helped for me to change my vote?

Also can we stop saying striker is 'too wolf to be wolf' and just freaking kill him? This is really starting to annoy me, if he is wolf and survives to end I will be pretty pissed. Kill the people who are doing scummy things, it's quite straightforward.

And I really appreciate the baker going all out with the cake, my slice was delicious! Re-enforces my townread there - would scum spend 5 hours baking a celebratory cake if their teammate died? I don't think so.

5 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Illwei was executed! They were a ChayShan Practitioner Disruptor within the Rose Empire!

I am a foolish child at times... unvoting Illwei because folk said my reason was weird is one of those times...

HOWEVER it wasn't the reason you thought it was.

23 hours ago, shadow1 said:

Tani's silly suspicions

Are you seriously contending that this was malicious?

For 'misusing a colour' to be scum motivated, e!baker, who thus far has been focused on operating a bakery, would have to actually think this will somehow create a permanent sort of misunderstanding. It can obviously be easily clarified. There is also a very obvious counternarrative that it's, oh, an accident. If true at all. I also don't know why you're jumping to the conclusion that it would be the Baker who did this... if deliberate, could it not be a frame? Would e!baker really do it once in play daylight first, just to make it obvious when they do it maliciously?

This is a horrible line of reasoning and about the least likely explanation for these events.

That wasn't actually my reason to vote the one who said they didnt want the info out, that was the reason why I voted Baker, thinking it was Baker who said they didn't want the info out.

My reason was actually that I thought it would be more likely for vil folk to not particularly care or to want the thread to know who was in the group, and more likely for elim folk to think the opposite. If it drew attention to an elim I'm not sorry.

1 minute ago, shadow1 said:

I've been saying that low effort solving works best! :)

Good call there, I wouldn't have thought to do that myself! This is why we have a whole village :D

As for why I didn't switch, well I didn't feel that strongly about it and honestly I was thinking more about who was getting killed from a thread perspective and how I felt about it than who I was voting for myself, like what would that really have helped for me to change my vote?

Also can we stop saying striker is 'too wolf to be wolf' and just freaking kill him? This is really starting to annoy me, if he is wolf and survives to end I will be pretty pissed. Kill the people who are doing scummy things, it's quite straightforward.

And I really appreciate the baker going all out with the cake, my slice was delicious! Re-enforces my townread there - would scum spend 5 hours baking a celebratory cake if their teammate died? I don't think so.

Counterpoint on w!Striker: he tried to make Illwei tie with Devo to kill them both, rather than tried to save Illwei. I actually think it was a pro-Village play there to collapse two possible realities, even if I was coming around to v!Devo (which I'm not fully sold on).

Like, I do think it's possible Illwei/Devo are partnered, so if Striker got us 2 elims for the price of one, we'd be singing his praises rn.

I'd prefer Devo flipping before Striker flipping, basically.

7 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

mention anything she wants first since the limited half-conclusions we came to were a team effort

Mat has a shortlist of Bort, TJ, Baker, Striker, and then Sibling and Orlok as low actives. I can see Sibling's vote for me as potentially being intended to save Illwei since it came at
Devotary of Spontaneity (4): JNV, StrikerEZ, Amanuensis, Araris
Matrim's Dice (3): Kasimir, Illwei, |TJ
Illwei (2): The Baker, Striker

but it's not critical danger since Tani had unvoted seven minutes before. Mat thinks Illwei-Tani interactions aren't e-e but e!Tani voting Araris, switching to Illwei when it turned out her reason for voting Araris applied to them, and retracting once she was in actual danger is plausible. Striker's vote for me had it counted wouldn't have saved Illwei but I think v!Striker who wanted blood and e!Striker counting on that reputation to save him could have done that. Mat being presumably village makes me lean less strongly on e!TJ but I should reevaluate both of those thoughts that since hasn't done anything particularly villagery and also almost got Mat killed.

3 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

retracting once she was in actual danger is plausible.

Actually I skimmed the thread, thought I'd accidentally started a giant bus with a flimsy reason, so unvoted.

After all, how would you be analyzing my flimsy reason vote if I hadn't retracted it and Illwei'd flipped vil?

I worry about the people I help kill flipping vil and me getting elimread from it, especially if the reason I voted doesn't seem sturdy to the rest of yous.

Edited by Tani

My biggest regret is not retracting my vote at the very last minute; I had it typed up on mobile and then someone ninja'd me and I decided to not send it / check who said what first in case someone changed votes, and then it was 2:00. Had I done it, Illwei, Mat, and Devo would all be dead rn, and we'd have more delicious info :D

But I guess sparing potential villagers is cool too, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, Kasimir said:

Honestly, this flip increases my V!Orlok credences. The problem is that I don't really know how to explain it in a way that won't make you guys think I'm kayana :|

:ph34r: But does that increase your E!TJ credences :ph34r:

Sibling coming out of the woodwork to vote is... interesting.

SOMEONE YELL AT ME TO CHECK MY EMPIRE DOC.

I've been mourning Experience for too long and there might be important info there I need to divulge =\

Imagine putting in effort lol

10 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

:ph34r: But does that increase your E!TJ credences :ph34r:

Sibling coming out of the woodwork to vote is... interesting.

SOMEONE YELL AT ME TO CHECK MY EMPIRE DOC.

I've been mourning Experience for too long and there might be important info there I need to divulge =\

Imagine putting in effort lol

You can either ask Orlok to do a Bayesian model of how much I should rationally revise or wait for me to get some sleep and get back after all night GMing :P

Not sure how to evaluate him right now and have not caught up with EoD. Especially since I spent last cycle going to and fro on him. Everything can wait. Sleep first. Just threw out the Orlok thought as it's the first thing that clicked once I saw the flip. 

Edited by Kasimir
justification

15 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

My biggest regret is not retracting my vote at the very last minute; I had it typed up on mobile and then someone ninja'd me and I decided to not send it / check who said what first in case someone changed votes, and then it was 2:00. Had I done it, Illwei, Mat, and Devo would all be dead rn, and we'd have more delicious info :D

But I guess sparing potential villagers is cool too, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is my biggest regret too XD I could have figured out a way to get more, it was just, striker was the one I really wanted and I couldn't force it.

Well we could make a bunch of flips for tomorrow, I volunteer myself as tribute as long as a bunch of us go down together!!

rage-mad.gif

EDIT: Aman I fear we bring out the arsonist in one another XD

Edited by shadow1

9 minutes ago, shadow1 said:

EDIT: Aman I fear we bring out the arsonist in one another XD

I fear that you might be right :D

Or it's just the multi-yeet ties mechanic :P it really is a fun one. Even if it wasn't intended for this game, I'd love to see it more in the future :ph34r: 

3 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Gah I keep forgetting to look at my Empire doc and now I'm wondering if it's still compromised

Inb4 E!JNV

Maybe youd know if the docs still compromised if youd look in it you know Im very lonely with ghosts for ocmpany they cant talk maybe I should treat it as a solo doc instead of an empire where are the respresientatives of the great Teo empire oh theyre all dead or skipping out on us howw sad

Ok lets see how the votes went down

• Kasimir starts off with a self vote 
  • Amanuensis votes Kasimir to help I think
  • Striker votes Devotary says Matrim and Illwei as backups
    • See Id really appreciate it if youd say your reasoning in the post instead of making me go back trhough past turns and find your reasons
    • So youve never actually said reasoning on them which is grrrrrrrrrrr but not really hmm you do that a lot and its annoying every time I think youre following the Kasimir argument for them but not sure casue you never said
  • Araris votes Striker for disagreeing with Amanuensis and Matrim but still voting with them 
    • Definitely agree that one was weird but then they said it was a joke but then again grrrr joke votes grrrrrrrrr
  • Striker votes Araris for 'faulty reasoning' 
    • Where is the faulty reasoning you did have a weird vote there alos you just confessed to acting weird 
    • This whole bit feels hmm like relaly hmm maybe even a hmmm
  • Tani votes Araris for not wanting empire reveal and not saying why
    • Even though this was already cleared up its a bit hm how Tani jumped straight to a vote without thinkinga bout time zones or bein gbusy or anything like that 
    • Then again might be me just annoyed about the reveal withotu consent thing again thats very very grrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Tani votes Baker for possibly using the wrong color
    • Ok look no ones actually explained this wasnt Baker only posting bread how do they use the wrong color of pictures of bread
    • Also this is just irrational at this point assumptions all over the place grrrrr
    • But grrr is not hmm and I cant see why evil Tani would want to flop around like this 
    • I think they might have an aura of evil yeah that makes sense actually not actually evil just very not good
  • Tani votse Illwei for coming clean about it and saying the reason
    • Ok so thisis the most grrrrrrrrrrrrrr thing Ive seen this game and theres been a lot of grrr things going on like the whole reason for the  vote was not expalining why then they explain why and you vote them its so grrr I cant even
    • But Illwei was evil so I dont really think Tanis evil for this its just really grrr
  • Kasimir votes TJ for what is apparently not for the doc stuff and is actually for the opposite of the doc stuff my bad there
    • See this is the sort of thing that makes me think village Kasimir this sorta stuff right here the good stuff
  • Amanuensis votes TJ for the cheap shot at Thaidakar as classic teammate save 
    • Thaidkaars the sort of player to just radiate evil kinda like Tani right now this aura of menace 
    • But that vote made 2 on Thaidakar while there was just one on Archer this reason doesnt hold water 
    • Also quick side note not really vote related but this Amanuensis Illwei convo really leaves Amanuensis coming out clean
  • Kasimir votes Devotary 
  • Amanuensis votes Devotary
  • Kasimir votes Matrim for being passive
  • Illwei votes Matrim
  • JNV votes Devotary for the Experience vote thing
    • Oh by the way Matrim saw your response I was willing to sus Illwei and TJ for the empire thing and did give a little sus to Illwei I think I forgot about TJ mentioning that when I was writing it up but did you not read my post besides your name
  • Striker slef votes for the tie
    • See this sort of attitute just feels good and the tie mania is what demotes the otherwise hmmm votes to just hm 
  • TJ votes Matrim for the response to Devotary questioning their immediate hop to 'same empire plot'
    • This doesnt really make sense to me answering a question is suddenly 'doubling down' on a 'ridiclous statement'
    • Seems kinda bad faith like already assuming Matrim is 'ridiculous' 
  • Amanuensis votes Matrim for immediately knowing the shared empire 
  • Striker votes Devotary
  • Amanuensis votes Devotary for the tie I guess
  • Araris votes Devotary
    • Hmm
  • Striker votes Illwei for the tie
  • Sibling votes Devotary
    • Hmm
    • See the problem with Sibling is theyve had really sketch thread stuff and the one or two times in the doc theyve shown up they dip like immediately and theres only like one thing keeping me from voting them and its the fact that its night time ok I guess theres 1.5 things keeping me from voting them in that I kinda want to vote them right now but I dont know if Ill still want to vote them tomorrow
    • I will say though this vote did come after a doc interaction where I mentioned that I kinda sused Devotary so maybe they just hopped on that
    • But then they said its gut not 'oh a docmate mentioned it' and how did they get that gut if theyve been gone this whole time
  • Bort votes Illwei
  • Striker selfvotes accdientally
  • Matrim votes Devotary to live
  • Striker votes Matrim
  • Amanuensis votes Illwei for not having their heart in the game
  • Matrim votes Striker
  • Striker serlf votes for the tie
    • see this is why I think theyre good
  • Matrim votes Illwei to break the tie
  • Striker tries to vote Devotary for the tie

So my conclusion off this is more likely good Striker and Devotary wobbly on Tani hmm on Sibling please get on the doc Amanuensis 

Ok I will very soon, I should at least let you know why I'm worried about E!JNV right now or E!Sibling if you're V

ED1T:

Okay nvm read stuff from the end of D2 and I'm pretty sure our doc is clean now :P v!JNV and v!Sibling more likely atm, my theory is dead in the water

Edited by Amanuensis

Okay so nvm don't burn Teod to the ground, I feel a lot better about our doc lol

IIRC the Rose Empire had Tani/Baker/Striker with Illwei? I think Bort's in there too?

Kas, Shadow, Orlok, TJ...
Mat, Devo, Thaid, Araris?

Hrm. I'd appreciate if lots of people went into D2 info solve mode tonight instead of waiting for D3 since I think I'm doomed and I need thoughts to make a very important decision :P

7 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

IIRC the Rose Empire had Tani/Baker/Striker with Illwei? I think Bort's in there too?

It's me, Tani, Baker, Araris, and formerly Illwei. I feel pretty good about all the rest of my empire, as I am operating under the assumption that each empire only has one elim.

Hmm. Illwei did say in our doc she thought there was probably one elim in each doc. And it'd be funny if there were 3 clean docs and one that was just elims. Once asked Araris to explain the TJ-me connection he mentioned in our doc. Could have been e!Illwei asking v!Araris why he thought me and TJ were connected, to set up a way to either clear TJ by exing me or condemning me if TJ is exed and flips elim.

NGL I'm kinda leaning toward 1 elim per doc rn. Mostly because I don't think Archer inviting openness was Disruptor motivated, whereas after Archer died, Illwei pushing no mass reveal was because she felt it would hurt them in some way. It didn't match up with the Neighborhood game Illwei, Shadow, and I played. I think she wanted to keep the information advantage.

So Bort is in the doc with Mat/Devo then? Hrm. Very unlikely Bort voted partnered Illwei, so I trust Bort more than Devo...

@The Sibling plz make sure to check the doc before the night ends ty, we need to have a talk before I die

Edited by Amanuensis