8 minutes ago, The Baker said:

Thank you. I know you are trying to stay true to only posting bread, but if you could please give some reasons for why you think those five are bad that would be awesome!

Hi! I would like to say that I no longer suspect Aman, because I didn't realize Archer died and that we might actually have a doc with only good guys. Also Aman said a lot of things earlier in the doc, and now seems to be acting pretty normal.

[Writeup to come, hopefully]

Experience was killed! They were a Regular Diplomat within the Teo Empire!

GM NOTE: There will now be an activity filter for the game, as I never ended up making one. For now you must make one game-related post each cycle to avoid being replaced with a pinch hitter. This is starting now so past activity is not considered as much, but there we go.

Player Count:

Spoiler
  1. Thaidakar the Ghostblood - Levin Adventure Fjordell Regular Diplomat
  2. @JNV - Eshena
  3. @Matrim's Dice - Philico
  4. @StrikerEZ - Dior Braondo
  5. Archer - General Manager Atashbringer - Teo Regular Disruptor
  6. @Illwei - please
  7. @The Baker -
  8. @The Sibling - Lyric
  9. @Bort - Bortington the Blind
  10. @Tani - Mehelin
  11. @Kasimir - Kesan Acheris
  12. @Amanuensis - Jotaon Josteor
  13. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Dahlia
  14. @Araris Valerian - Araolis
  15. @Orlok Tsubodai - Locke
  16. @shadow1
  17. @|TJ| - Bark
  18. Experience - Zara - Teo Regular Diplomat

Tag me if I missed anything because I need to run to get lunch.

“Don’t protect me” RIP

Need to reread D1 since most of it went over my head but a starting pool for me of [Devo, Bort, TJ, Baker] is probably accurate enough

Edited by Matrim's Dice

48 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

“Don’t protect me” RIP

Need to reread D1 since most of it went over my head but a starting pool for me of [Devo, Bort, TJ, Baker] is probably accurate enough

You have to admit

It's funny

1 hour ago, Kasimir said:

Kasimir.

Enjoy lunch, Mr GM sir!

Kasimir

Bros don't let bros suffer being evil. I hear your cries.

19 minutes ago, Illwei said:

You have to admit

It's funny

Spoken like a true psycho killer :ph34r:

ED1T:

Also, @Experience, I seriously did love your work this game and was fun having you in my Empire :D I'm sorry you had to die N1 for it, but it's a compliment honestly; the elims were clearly afraid of you. I will do my best to avenge you TeoishDocBro

Edited by Amanuensis

44 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Okay so how am I going to engineer a tie today….

Unironically just promoted to my top town read, keep it up buddy

ED1T:

Oh yeah @Kasimir

One thing I noticed you didn't consider is the non-voters

• Archer (4): Kasimir, Amanuensis, shadow1, Devotary of Spontaneity
  • Thaidakar the Ghostblood (4): Matrim's Dice, Archer, The Baker, |TJ|
  • Devotary of Spontaneity (2): StrikerEZ, Araris Valerian
  • Experience (1): Thaidakar the Ghostblood
  • Amanuensis (1): Archer
  • Tani (1): Experience
  • ______ (5): JNV, Illwei, Sibling, Tani, Orlok

Do you think that every single elim voted?

Spoiler

Striker
JNV

Kasimir

shadow

Araris
Bort

Illwei
Orlok

Sibling
Tani

Baker
TJ
Devotary
Matrim

Edited by Amanuensis

47 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

One thing I noticed you didn't consider is the non-voters

I did, but I was lazy to put that into the vote count, honestly - I just c/ped from the write-up :P And since last Night and my unfortunate snapping about my trains/reads, I've come to the conclusion I have exactly two goals this game:

• Do exactly as much analysis as I want to, with as much intensity as I want to (i.e. less serious game)
  • Keep my bros alive and happy as much as I can

So yeah, not really going to care and be sorry - the Village can deal with a 20% Kas for once.

With that being said -

47 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Do you think that every single elim voted?

That's essentially what my question is partly about. If Archer is their strongest thread control player, does this rule out Orlok and Illwei in the non-voters? Not sure. Was this a lack of opportunity to intervene, or no appetite, or...?

Full dgaf disclaimer that I'm Village reading Orlok for now for policy reasons.

Edited to add:

@Amanuensis - Maybe to put my line of thought in a more precise way: perhaps it's madness to try a team profile this early, but part of me kind of wants to, just as a way of IDing suspect clusters. The main thing stopping me is just really the uncertainty about how to read the EoD and that's kind of why I just threw it into the thread to get some thoughts.

Edited by Kasimir

I'm with you on the policy v!Orlok read. Illwei has felt a little detached from the game, hoping she ramps up soon if Town but I could see her being an elim that wasn't around to do anything about the Archer yeet. I feel like if Sibling was an elim they'd be a little more involved in the game? I think JNV is Village from doc stuff + the fact he ran distro projections but can't be certain at this juncture. Tani up in the air based on some associative stuff, wouldn't flip her today but might consider it should Bort flip elim.

So I'd say the most likely elim non-voters would be @Illwei > @Tani > @Orlok Tsubodai > @JNV > @The Sibling but there's a decent chance each one is Village (or most of them are) so not a pool I'm super interested in narrowing today, but would wholeheartedly welcome more content and votes going forward.

Devotary, Matrim, TJ, Baker, and Bort are the five slots that make the most sense to explore today. Will award @Matrim's Dice a town point for coming to the same PoE conclusion, although he is still very much in my PoE right now and look forward to seeing how he proceeds today.

@Kasimir, what was the thought process behind the self vote? I assume joke but just want to make sure.

13 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

@Kasimir, what was the thought process behind the self vote? I assume joke but just want to make sure.

Partly because I really didn't mind being voted off if that's what it takes to refocus scrutiny on the anomalous response I identified (Devo pls.) In my view, what we have right now is conjecture - I'm hopeful that my Village flip will allow the empirical identification of a baseline Village response to Exp, which should show exactly how odd Devo's response was.

A decent chunk of it was because I want to recapture the frustrated-then-zen mindset I hit late last Night after talking to El: I needed to put myself in the frame of mind where I said "the Village can take care of itself, I'm not going to play this seriously or at 100%, I just want to analyse only so much as what makes me happy, and I aim to be there for my bros, to chill with them, and to keep them sane and happy as long as I am alive in this game." So yes, you, Orlok, and a few others are basically my personal wincon this game. How does that make you feel? :P 

I got to that endpoint through, unfortunately, a lot of frustration and IM DM yelling, for which I'm sorry (sorry for the thread snapping guys :/), but I'm now in the zen mode where I'm here to have fun, and aim to stay there as much as I can. Helps that Shadow is a seriously cool doc mate <3 So yeah, I basically need to put myself in that frame of mind and commit to staying chill. I think it's important to me as well psychologically to mess around and not do much - and to remind myself the Village will get by just fine with me at 20%, even if it only lasts one cycle. This sets a good precedent for me in future in learning how to say no because I can't do analysis in my state, or because I don't want to do it.

tldr; Personal attitude re-adjustment and learning how to interact with SE in a healthier way and have fun :) 

Edited to add: @Amanuensis - Maybe the better way to put it is that even if it's less meaningful to others, uninformative, or unhelpful, it's extremely important psychologically to me to do it, and symbolic - and I needed it to get myself back in the state/place where I need to be for this cycle, and hopefully the rest of the game.

@Elbereth - I WILL BE THERE FOR MY BROS. Please accept these words.

Edited to add 2: @Ashbringer If you want to accept them instead and grant me 1337 Bros Radiant powers, please feel free :P 

Edited by Kasimir

9 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Edited to add 2: @Ashbringer If you want to accept them instead and grant me 1337 Bros Radiant powers, please feel free :P 

Somewhere, sometime, Faleast gave a little smile, reaching for that faint Connection to a faraway voice, and for the Honorblade that ten quick beats later fell into his hand. The Bondsmith Honorblade.

The Words are Accepted, Kasimir,” he said, grinning, letting the Bond flow into the sky. He’d show that Stormfather what good they could do. 

Spoiler

(For legal reasons, this is at most pseudo-canon, besides for the fact Kasimir’s Words are indeed Accepted - by who, and for what reasons, and what Bonds were created, is up to interpretation :P)

35 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I'm with you on the policy v!Orlok read. Illwei has felt a little detached from the game, hoping she ramps up soon if Town but I could see her being an elim that wasn't around to do anything about the Archer yeet. I feel like if Sibling was an elim they'd be a little more involved in the game? I think JNV is Village from doc stuff + the fact he ran distro projections but can't be certain at this juncture. Tani up in the air based on some associative stuff, wouldn't flip her today but might consider it should Bort flip elim.

So I'd say the most likely elim non-voters would be @Illwei > @Tani > @Orlok Tsubodai > @JNV > @The Sibling but there's a decent chance each one is Village (or most of them are) so not a pool I'm super interested in narrowing today, but would wholeheartedly welcome more content and votes going forward.

Devotary, Matrim, TJ, Baker, and Bort are the five slots that make the most sense to explore today. Will award @Matrim's Dice a town point for coming to the same PoE conclusion, although he is still very much in my PoE right now and look forward to seeing how he proceeds today.

Amanuensis mentioned you in a topic

If I was an elim I wouldn't have been absent and Archer wouldn't have died

Edited by Illwei