Long Game 84: A Sel United

Several centuries after Elantris’ fall and rise and after the several wars of the Fjordel Empire, the different Investitures of Sel have Connected and spread throughout the different countries. In an effort to dispel the tensions between these different cultures suddenly learning much more about each other, a council made of the various countries is being held in a neutral island off the coast of Arelon to draft a final end to Sel's wars for territory. However, some of the world’s darker circles do not wish for peace, and have sent several operatives to ensure the council fails to reach a settlement by any means necessary…

Welcome to Long Game 84: A Sel United! This is an LG based around a group of the different countries of Sel attempting to negotiate a long-term treaty, and while the individual details still need to be worked out, all the major rulers agree it's time to work together... although some other powerful individuals are less willing to let this happen. While it has some roles, the main factor is the different Empire Affiliation's private communications.

Basics:

Spoiler

Day turns last 48 hours, Night turns last 24.

There is a vote each day cycle, resulting in the loser being removed from the council and the island. There is no vote minimum, and ties will result in a random tied player being removed all tied parties dying.

All PMs are closed, but each player has access to one Empire Doc.

The factions are the Village Diplomats, who must eliminate all the Disruptors to win, and the Elim Disruptors, who must reach parity with the Diplomats to win. The Disruptors have a faction doc to communicate in and a faction kill each Night.

Role, Alignment, and Empire affiliations are all revealed on death.

Empires:

Spoiler

Each player is an emissary representing one of the 5 major Empires of Sel (well, the 5 that consider themselves major Empires of Sel). While these delegations are sent in good negotiating faith, each Empire does have its own private locations to discuss how the negotiations are going - and the state of the recent attacks on their fellow negotiators. 

All Players who share an Empire affiliation will be placed in a group Google Doc with each other at the start of the game. They can use this Doc to communicate with each other without other Empires seeing what they're doing. Players are not allowed to post after they are killed. However, players are also never added to Empire Docs.

The Empires are: the Fjordell Empire, the Arelon Empire, the Rose Empire, the Teod Empire, and the JinDo Empire. (Might change the number based on player count.)

Roles:

Spoiler

Roles:

• ChayShan Practitioner: Once a Cycle, roleblock a target player. (Day or Night).
  • Dahkor Monk: Once per Game, kill a target player. (Night).
  • Elantrian: Once per Cycle, find out who a player targeted. (Day or Night).
  • Forger: Once per Cycle, move a player's vote to another player. (Day).
  • Potioneer: Once per Cycle, protect a target player from a single kill. You cannot target the same player two Cycles in a row. (Night).

Roles are not tied to Empire Affiliation.

Order of Actions: 

• Day: Roleblocks -> Vote Manip -> Execution -> Tracking
  • Night: Roleblocks -> Protects -> Kills -> Tracking

Also note that there are Regulars in this game.

Clarifications:

Spoiler
  • Roles are not tied to Empire Affiliation.
  • Players get one action per turn, although they can only use their role ability once per cycle. The Elim Kill is also an action, and thus cannot be used the same turn as a role ability 
  • Empire Docs follow the same rules as a normal Doc - no talking over rollover, you have to pick a color, you have to state your name / can't post anonymously, and the Docs will be publicized at the start of the game.
  • I also won't answer questions in the Empire Docs (as some can see but not others... but mainly because I'm terrified of answering while thinking I'm in the Elim Doc / Spec Doc :P)
  • The Dahkor Monk's one-use kill will be used up if the target was Protected or was killed by another source, but not if the Monk was Roleblocked.
  • Players are told if they're roleblocked if they submit an action, not if they're not.
  • Survivals are present in the writeup, as are when a player is protected from one kill but not from another. (Ie "Ashbringer was attacked, but survived! Ashbringer was killed! They were the GM, wait, how did you guys kill the GM!"). However multiple unprotected kills are not represented in the writeup.
  • Multiple Forgers trying to move the same vote (to different people) will be decided by RNG.
  • No secrets. No lies. Only the Empire!...s!
  •  
  • [This space intentionally left blank]

As of now, I'm GMing with @Elbereth as my IM. Edit: @xinoehp512 will be my coGM this game!

Signups will end on Friday April 1st at 12:00 PM PDT  /  7:00 PM GMT. (Yes, I'm starting the game on April Fool's Day. But it's either that or start it immediately after the MR rollover. :P) Game will start fairly soon after that but may take a bit longer.

Participants: 

Spoiler

Players:

Spoiler
  1. @Thaidakar the Ghostblood - Levin Adventure
  2. @JNV - Eshena
  3. @Matrim's Dice - Philico
  4. @StrikerEZ - Dior Braondo
  5. @Archer - General Manager Atashbringer
  6. @Illwei - please
  7. @The Baker -
  8. @The Sibling - Lyric
  9. @Bort - Bortington the Blind
  10. @Tani - Mehelin
  11. @Kasimir - Kesan Acheris
  12. @Amanuensis - Jotaon Josteor
  13. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Dahlia
  14. @Araris Valerian - Araolis
  15. @Orlok Tsubodai - Locke
  16. @shadow1
  17. @|TJ| - Bark
  18. @Experience - Zara

Pinch Hitters:

Spoiler
  •  

Spectators:

Quick Links:

I hope that's everything.

Edited by Devotary of Spontaneity

4 hours ago, The Sibling said:

I would like to play but I’ve never done one of these before so I might not be so good. I will play as Lyric.

Welcome! And don't worry about being new, we all joined at some point.

Also I love your signature :P

9 hours ago, The Sibling said:

I would like to play but I’ve never done one of these before so I might not be so good. I will play as Lyric.

Ha!! With the fighting words in your sig, you HAVE to play now!

Welcome to the Shard, and welcome to the madess which is SE!

I'm in as Bortington the Blind.

I want to play but I don’t want to mess up the game. It was suggested that I be a spectator for this one so maybe I should do that? 

6 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Also I love your signature 

Thanks! I originally wrote for a cosmere character rap battle, but I didn’t end up doing that so I just put it as my signature :)

14 minutes ago, The Sibling said:

I want to play but I don’t want to mess up the game. It was suggested that I be a spectator for this one so maybe I should do that? 

Thanks! I originally wrote for a cosmere character rap battle, but I didn’t end up doing that so I just put it as my signature :)

Actually I meant you should spectate the MR, which has already begun. @Kasimir

1 hour ago, Bort said:

I'm in as Bortington the Blind.

Oh so now this is a Bort mission. 

*cancels game

2 hours ago, The Sibling said:

Oh ok

If you're interested, I can set you up with the spec doc, yeah. You in?

Considering signing up for Ash's game but I have three RP characters and don't know which one to use.

Does it really matter if I'm not gonna RP though :|

Since when have I had a quiet, chill, RPful game :|

Edited to add: Right, sorry, saw your PM! Spec doc link sent!

8 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Welcome! And don't worry about being new, we all joined at some point.

;)

Edited by Kasimir

Kesan Acheris thumbed through the dossier.

The empire was as prepared as it could be for the negotiations, yet he was aware of how much depended on this. The dossier contained known negotiating positions, along with intelligence on what the other empires' diplomats might advocate for. He ran over the information again and again, even knowing that he'd internalised them—he'd always had a good memory, sharp enough to cut himself on that edge.

"Still studying?"

Kesan blinked owlishly and looked up. Wuhern stood at the door. "You're not?" he countered.

Wuhern shrugged carelessly. "I figure that we're as prepared as we're going to be. Staring at the paperwork for a couple more hours won't make much of a difference. If the spies were awful, we wouldn't keep them. The intel is good. We just need to stick to our guns and try to achieve our goals with regard to Articles Three and Seven of the treaty."

Easy for Wuhern to say, Kesan thought. But a lot rode on the outcome of the negotiations. And when your social position was what it was...

He'd worked long and hard to achieve a posting as one of the empire's minor diplomats. Even then, he'd been surprised that they'd nominated him for the team, that he'd been entrusted with a negotiation as painstaking, as difficult, and—likely—as legendary as this one would be.

"Eh," he said, aloud. "I think I'll take a look at the summation of the positions once again, see if we can get them to budge a little on Article Seven."

"Your loss," Wuhern shrugged, as he turned to leave.

Signing up as Kesan Acheris, minor diplomat and overachiever. I'll be able to fill in his background more when I know which empire he's part of :P 

I'm going to be trying for a quiet, chill, RPful game, with little excitement or high-octane analysis. I know this is what I always say and what always never happens but I really need this >>

I'm going to also be trying a playstyle experiment, but...you'll see.

Edited by Kasimir

18 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Yes, I'm starting the game on April Fool's Day.

Secretly this is all an April Fool's Day joke

Or is the joke that it's not...

*screams in terror*

Edited by Tani

46 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

How can it be?

Everyone knows that every single player in AG8 was a Thug, except for that one unfortunate Elim :eyes:

There was only one game I can think of where everyone was a Thug :eyes:

I do remember reading a game with 1 starting elim though, and they won 

19 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Signing up as Dior Braondo, a tall blonde man who smirks way too much and is far too cocky for his own good. Also he sparkles.

I'll sign up as Jotaon Josteor, Dior's extremely buff and considerably more sparkly rival who comes from royalty.