Kaladinelsier

THEORY Nightbloods’ creation (Spoilers) (DISCUSS)

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Okay so I’ve been really digging into the whole creation of Nightblood. Could a splinter of Ambition be involved someone how? Thus amplifying it’s “destroy evil” intent? I also believe the theories that this was apart of Ruins involvement as well. 

Edited by Kaladinelsier
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is also based on other theories that nightblade might be made of Nicrosil.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kaladinelsier said:

This is also based on other theories that nightblade might be made of Nicrosil.

Nightblood was made of steel.

6 hours ago, Kaladinelsier said:

Okay so I’ve been really digging into the whole creation of Nightblood. Could a splinter of Ambition be involved someone how? Thus amplifying it’s “destroy evil” intent? I also believe the theories that this was apart of Ruins involvement as well. 

I don't think that would have the intended effect, that would create a new intent that was a mix of Ruin and Ambition not amplify Ruin

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure that it's just a sword that was pumped with inordinate amounts of breaths and given a single command. I assume that amount of breaths would compound its command and intent.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Primeval Chaos said:

I'm pretty sure that it's just a sword that was pumped with inordinate amounts of breaths and given a single command. I assume that amount of breaths would compound its command and intent.

There's more to it. Brandon has confirmed - in no uncertain terms, he specifically said he wasn't being tricky - that Nightblood has some of Ruin's Investiture.

I believe Nightblood was made from a hemalurgic spike.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ShardlessVessel said:

There's more to it. Brandon has confirmed - in no uncertain terms, he specifically said he wasn't being tricky - that Nightblood has some of Ruin's Investiture.

I believe Nightblood was made from a hemalurgic spike.

We do know that Nightblood was not originally a spike or metalmind, unfortunately. (I do have my own theory on that, but I don't want to derail OP's thread going too into it.)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think in trying to fit together the mysteries around Nightblood it's worth noting that he's not made the nature of Nightblood much of a mystery compared to its story. 

He's basically got the intent of Ruin from his command, and while it's been fuelled by Endowment, Odium, and presumably Honour's energy that hasn't shifted the intent hence the black mist coming from the blade, the influence the blade has on the mentally unwell, and the destruction of investiture etc. Some of the powers - like Nightblood's ability to Riot people - are probably more associated with the particular metal's interaction with breath, and were it made from iron it probably would suppress emotions. The unbreakability comes from the level of investment.

A steel shield or chain mail given the command to protect from evil probably would end up being unbreakable as an invested object, probably riot its user with hope or cowardice or something depending on their persona, be tied to Preservation, and it'd be like the wearer was constantly flaring a-pewter, f-gold, or a-aluminium and you'd become a savant/leak white mist if you kept it on too long. Obviously this isn't rock solid and I'm not putting it out as a hardline argument, but more as a point that I don't think the mechanics of Nighblood are what's obscure because you can currently justify and explain what we know of his powers by what we know about metals, intent, and awakening.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.