Auxiliary & the Physical Realm

honorblades

Please correct me but I don't believe I've seen anyone mention this; Is Aux partially stuck in the Physical Realm? It seems like, although they are able to speak in Sigzil's mind from a distance, we never see Aux get dismissed in the way that spren usually are. We never see Aux's "spren form". 

Although Sig can apparently summon Aux to his hand, it's always in the form of one object or another. Once changed to an object, Aux stays in that form until changed again. 

Probably not hugely consequential, and probably just related to whatever deadeye thing seems to be going on, but I thought I'd point it out. Seems distinct from what we know about deadeyes right now. 

9 minutes ago, Kandrafish said:

I think it is noteworthy. Perhaps it has something to do with finding a way to travel offworld with a spren.

Possible, but I think it has more to do with Aux being "dead", whatever that means now. 

Recall in SP3, Design appeared in the Physical Realm (made visible by a Lightweaving) but in her Spren form. There was that funny line about her kinda wanting her face to unravel & reveal the symbol head. 

1 minute ago, honorblades said:

Possible, but I think it has more to do with Aux being "dead", whatever that means now. 

Recall in SP3, Design appeared in the Physical Realm (made visible by a Lightweaving) but in her Spren form. There was that funny line about her kinda wanting her face to unravel & reveal the symbol head. 

That is a good point and it makes more sense. If Design can still be in spren form after travelling, Aux should be able to as well, unless there is another cause...

You are right, his death seems to be the simplest explanation so far.