We were attacked by a group of nine insect monsters, the DM called them D&D mosquitoes, can't remember the actual name. But almost everyone that attacked had a greatsword and rolled high enough that they took out at least two of them. We ended them before they really got to attack and so we started calling our Greatswords fly swatters.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel constantly in danger with this game. Last session there were only three of us, master included, so it wasn't enough to actually start playing. Someone suggested we should do a bit of combat just to pass the time and see if a third player arrived while we were at it. Thing is he had to mention exp, so we were given an encounter with real stakes. 

Just three enemies half our level, nothing too extreme. But of course they were immune to fire (my main attack), piercing (my other main attack), slashing (the other player's main attack), and a bunch of other stuff. Only blunt damage was effective really.

Battle was long, I was knocked unconscious, other player remembered he actually had a blunt weapon like 4/5 into the fight, and we only survived because a third player did arrive. Fun stuff. 

14 hours ago, Ookla the Coffee Drinker said:

I feel constantly in danger with this game. Last session there were only three of us, master included, so it wasn't enough to actually start playing. Someone suggested we should do a bit of combat just to pass the time and see if a third player arrived while we were at it. Thing is he had to mention exp, so we were given an encounter with real stakes. 

Just three enemies half our level, nothing too extreme. But of course they were immune to fire (my main attack), piercing (my other main attack), slashing (the other player's main attack), and a bunch of other stuff. Only blunt damage was effective really.

Battle was long, I was knocked unconscious, other player remembered he actually had a blunt weapon like 4/5 into the fight, and we only survived because a third player did arrive. Fun stuff. 

...Wow.

Just wow.

My gay monk character confessed her feelings to the princess in our party. Then they kissed. It was gay, and we roleplayed it and it was awesome.

I also finally started playing like a monk and oh my gosh i love playing like a monk i've been missing out.

but my dm is my girlfriend and she just thought the whole roleplaying experience between me and the person playing the princess was hilarious and adorable. my character also did a trauma dump woo!!

it was a long form 6 hour session

One uh, party member got mad at a shop keeper laughing at them, so they cast fear, which has a wisdom saving check of 10...the shopkeeper rolled a one, peed his pants, ran into a wall and knocked himself unconcious. They then proceeded to try to find a way to rob him without getting caught.

On 11/29/2022 at 8:17 AM, Ookla the Crow said:

PFFFT

My friend also abuses shape water.

There were piranahs in the water down with the rest of the party and he was on a cliff 30 feet above, so he hurled the piranahs 30 feet above him and made them fall 60 feet. He has even crazier plans for it, that was just a simple use of it.

On 12/1/2022 at 2:26 AM, Ookla the Myopic said:

My friend also abuses shape water.

There were piranahs in the water down with the rest of the party and he was on a cliff 30 feet above, so he hurled the piranahs 30 feet above him and made them fall 60 feet. He has even crazier plans for it, that was just a simple use of it.

That is a very lenient DM :P 

9 hours ago, Voidus said:

Shape water is an amazing cantrip, one of my favourites. Just not quite that good most of the time :P 

He's trying to combine it with a Decanter of Endless water. :P

And he wants to convince the DM that he can make Pykrete water, using holy water instead of water, then freeze it and keep freezing it to make a a holy water staff. He is also going to try to convince the DM that the frozen Pykrete staff counts as both holy water and wood. I don't think he's going to succeed, but he can try. We're in a land full of undead, and so he's trying to get a good way to counter them, When I as a paladin can do it very easily. :P

Holy water is actually not that effective against undead anyway :P It's like 2d6 damage and consumes the holy water, so that's gonna be a staff with some expensive upkeep. And hope they have somewhere watertight to keep it while sleeping.

Most cantrips will outdamage this pretty handily and are effective against more than just undead.

On 12/2/2022 at 8:44 AM, Voidus said:

Holy water is actually not that effective against undead anyway :P It's like 2d6 damage and consumes the holy water, so that's gonna be a staff with some expensive upkeep. And hope they have somewhere watertight to keep it while sleeping.

Most cantrips will outdamage this pretty handily and are effective against more than just undead.

Yeah, we learned that the actual range for shape water is 5 feet, not 30 like we thought. :P

My group is starting another campaign on Fridays for those that want to do more D&D and so I make a Aarakocra Monk, and I rolled a 18 for Dex and a 17 for Wis. We use manual rolling. The rest of my rolls weren't good, but those two with a Monk, plus the +2 Dex and +1 Wis from being a Aarakocra, which I wasn't even paying attention to that at the time. So I have a base armor class of 19 with no armor and when I can increase my stats I can increase Wis to make it 20.

@Ookla the Crow

My new character has a higher AC then you and they're only level one :P

Edited by Ookla the Myopic

• 2 weeks later...

Next week my whole club is doing an epic Christmas oneshot. Because I'm a DM, I get to come up with a boss, and I'm going with a sweet old lady who tries to feed the players gingerbread. Unfortunately, this sweet old lady happens to be the avatar of an eldritch abomination and the gingerbread is poisoned.