Hello hello!!! This is a DND thread (because for some reason we don't have one!!(I couldn't find one at least(i used the cool search feature)))

The gist of this is just DND all day every day. Talk about your characters, campaigns, and annoying enemies.

Post memes! Share art and ideas! Do anything DND related! (Within the Shard's guidelines ofc)

This is kinda short but my friend drew my DND character for a campaign I started with my crew last saturday.

Spoiler

PanduraHamblin.thumb.jpeg.39f6341ac4f6305c653e6c242bb94eef.jpeg

observe my friends amazing art skills and also observe my candy-race gay monk. she is cool :D her name is Pandura Hamblin, level 6 monk.

POSTING NOW! *boink*

edit: thanks @Morningtide for the idea

Edited by Doomslug The Destroyer

11 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Ey, a D&D thread! I'm enjoying my second (technically first, as this is but a sequel to the first one) campaign at the moment. My character got character development in between and I am thrilled.

eyyy that's super cool!! might I ask after a basic summary of your character??

Edited by Doomslug The Destroyer

3 minutes ago, Doomslug The Destroyer said:

eyyy that's super cool!! might I ask after a basic summary of your character??

So, she's a halfling bard. The name is Stella, Celie Stella (not a very halfling name, she's named after an inside joke that I steal brain cells by meeting your eyes ;)). She's not the type of bard you usually hear about, she just likes stories and playing her ocarina. She loves adventure and doing dumb stuff, and often did with her best friend Layla until Layla's player didn't return in the sequel because she had a life XD Somehow she tamed a shadow elemental??? who's name is Twix. :D

This looks like a good place to mention that I run D&D for a living then, or at least, I do from the start of April. :)

I've actually got a couple of spots free in campaigns right now. One or two for a Tyranny of Dragons campaign that's just approaching the halfway mark. Some scheduling and real life issues meant a couple of the players are having real trouble attending and may have to drop out. It's a shame, but I will be looking for replacements. That's on Wednesday evenings, 6.30-10.30pm GMT.

The other open spot is the final position in a group starting Descent Into Avernus, starting on the 7th April, 6-10pm GMT. The group could use a healer.

Just to be clear though, these are paid campaigns.

PM me if you're interested, and I'll give you more details :)

Nice. I hope this survives longer than the Pathfinder thread. 

I wanted to play regularly for years but finding people is hard, only got the chance to play a few one-shots here and there, but I finally joined a table last year. 

We're playing two different campaigns (because masters are busy people and therefore we have 2) and we're not particularly serious about the story so chaos ensues. One of my characters is a gunslinger who, in exchange for being better with a gun, changes genders every time they get a critical success/failure. Haven't had much time to play with that one though. My other character is a wizard with a red spider familiar called Lycoris. Wish I had my own cute telepathic spider irl. 

We also have a paladin who constantly tries to see how far he can push his lawful good alignment without the master punishing him so that gets pretty fun. 

21 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

My other character is a wizard with a red spider familiar called Lycoris. Wish I had my own cute telepathic spider irl. 

Familiars are the best. My character, Raian Turnoroth, has a color changing faerie dragon named Distraction.

• 3 weeks later...

Sort of random dnd thingy -

In buisness tech we have to do a research project, and it can be on anything. The point of the project is mostly to learn how to format stuff, not the actual research. Anyways, I'm researching dnd. I have tables with the publication dates of each edition, and the producers of some of the video games, and some explanations of the game. Anyways, just wanted to share this little factoid...

I would attach it, my computer has failed me... Maybe later.

I tried to DM a campaign with my family (The Wild beyond the Witchlight) and it was a mess.

The artificer tinkered with a rock to make it smell like poop and tried to slip it in a nearby child's pants. He got caught.

The rogue tried to burn down the giant tent but failed because the artificer grappled him

They spent around 10 minutes real-world time deciding if they wanted to pay 5 sp or sneak into the carnival

Read into everything I said way too much

All of this was in the first 30 minutes, during which they accomplished nothing.

Edited by Primeval Chaos

On 4/14/2022 at 4:24 PM, Doomslug The Destroyer said:

Hey that's pretty cool!! That's fun info, in my opinion, although not something I'd actively pursue, I just play the game lol. But I do have a question. When did the game first come out?

23 hours ago, Doomslug The Destroyer said:

Most parties can be uh

Interesting...

Yeah...

Yeah. On time I was in this party at my old school and then someone threw me into a well full of swords (long story) and then blocked it with a sheild, so I broke his sheild and he sent a bear after me, and then he fell into the well.