SP#4 spoiler!!

Eternal Khol

2 hours ago, Ta'veren Kaladin said:

It could be the survival shard, which would mean the sunlight is it's way to train warriors to defend it(though it isn't working). Maybe I should write up a theory on this.

I'm pretty sure we know that the so-called survival Shard isn't tied to any particular planet, which is part of why I think the survival Shard is Invention. 

2 hours ago, Ta'veren Kaladin said:

It could be the survival shard, which would mean the sunlight is it's way to train warriors to defend it(though it isn't working). Maybe I should write up a theory on this.

It's Ambition

12 minutes ago, Gilphon said:

I'm pretty sure we know that the so-called survival Shard isn't tied to any particular planet, which is part of why I think the survival Shard is Invention. 

Same

12 hours ago, Elsecaller_17.5 said:

Because of that first thing I don't think Auxiliary is a deadeye, certainly not from an honor spren based on the name. I'm betting he used to be/hold a Dawnshard and Aux is the remnant there of. This leaves the question of where did his spren go!

There is this bit in the story:

" Nomad sighed.  He expected a wisecrack from Auxiliary, but the spren stayed silent as well "

I believe this supports the opinion of another poster that Auxiliary just has this "Sigzil is my somewhat mediocre squire" attitude.

35 minutes ago, Jesters Armed said:

" Nomad sighed.  He expected a wisecrack from Auxiliary, but the spren stayed silent as well "

I believe this supports the opinion of another poster that Auxiliary just has this "Sigzil is my somewhat mediocre squire" attitude.

Well, no. That just tells you that Auxillary is something Rosharans would call a spren, and nothing about the personal identity of that spren. A Rosharan would call a seon or a spirit of Yumi's world a spren for sure. And even if it is a Rosharan spren, it cannot be his unaltered Honorspren. He can't fly but he can do other odd things.

4 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

Well, no. That just tells you that Auxillary is something Rosharans would call a spren, and nothing about the personal identity of that spren. A Rosharan would call a seon or a spirit of Yumi's world a spren for sure. And even if it is a Rosharan spren, it cannot be his unaltered Honorspren. He can't fly but he can do other odd things.

Yeah, but is many times implied that Auxiliary is killed (is very talkative, for the dead) because Sigzil break his Oaths - what is awfully Radiant-like. Maybe indeed Sigzil changes Order to Elsecallers, or maybe his Spren was heavily changed by Dawnshard.

5 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

By this point Sigxil is travelled enough to call things by their propper namrs

11 hours ago, Jesters Armed said:

But he could just be saying spren as a general term. Any cognitive entity can be referred to as a spren, and as a Rosharan native Sigzil would be likely to do that.

I don’t know about you guys, but this story made me feel profound sadness every time Sig referenced his past and during his conversation with Wit. Even his convos with Aux. More so I than any other cosmere story/scene I’ve read. And I have no idea why lol. 

• 2 weeks later...