SP#4 spoiler!!

Eternal Khol

Spoilers for sp#4

The character of the story is Sigzil!!!!

Updates as I read:

- Sigzil is hiding from the "night brigade" wonder if they have anything  to do with the so called Dust Brigade of Threnody

- does Sigzil now have the same affliction as Hoid? Using weapons/fighting isn't something he seems to be able to do

- is Auxiliary a deadeye?!?! Or "revived" deadeye

- I think Sig just admitted to being on Ashyn before. He was on the "Flying cities near his homeland" that's gotta be Ashyn

Edited by Eternal Khol

2 minutes ago, Eternal Khol said:

Spoilers for sp#4

Sigzil is hiding from the "night brigade" wonder if they have anything  to do with the so called Dust Brigade of Threnody

Who in the dead knight he us taking to?

Where is his spren?

Edited by bmcclure7

19 minutes ago, Eternal Khol said:

Spoilers for sp#4

Updates as I read:

- Sigzil is hiding from the "night brigade" wonder if they have anything  to do with the so called Dust Brigade of Threnody

- does Sigzil now have the same affliction as Hoid? Using weapons/fighting isn't something he seems to be able to do

- is Auxiliary a deadeye?!?! Or "revived" deadeye

- I think Sig just admitted to being on Ashyn before. He was on the "Flying cities near his homeland" that's gotta be Ashyn

More important is what is his knight.  His voice doesn't sound like Kaliden.  And where did he get the power to teleport. 

Edited by bmcclure7

6 minutes ago, bmcclure7 said:

More important is what is his knight.  His voice doesn't sound like Kaliden.  And where did he get the power to teleport. 

It seems, to me, at least, that Auxiliary  is the Knight. At least it seems like they're being referred  to that way?

Edited by Eternal Khol

I think Knight is Aux and this is what happens when you break your oaths. Notice he doesn't have contact with them when Aux is left behind and must physically retrieve them. Maybe a Gem is required which we know is how they got the summoning of dead shardblades to work.

Additionally I wonder if the Torment is not only received from Hoid but passed from him. I.e. those afflictions no longer affect Hoid. Additionally there is the point about the Dawnshard to get to Hoid via connection with Sigzil so I wonder what that is about.

The other thing is that though this is in the far future Sig is still worried about dragging things back to Roshar. I don't think that plays into how book 5 ends(it seems Sig ends up off world because of the events there) but might point to how the whole arc concludes at book 10.

2 minutes ago, Eternal Khol said:

Brandon said that Stormlight 5 is supposed to make use understand "what caused this whole thing to happen"

If Stormlight 5 is supposed to make is understand how Sigzil got to where he is. Isn't that kind of telling us that Sig will become a Dawnshard in book 5?

I think so.

3 minutes ago, Eternal Khol said:

Brandon said that Stormlight 5 is supposed to make use understand "what caused this whole thing to happen"

If Stormlight 5 is supposed to make is understand how Sigzil got to where he is. Isn't that kind of telling us that Sig will become a Dawnshard in book 5?

Seems so

5 minutes ago, Eternal Khol said:

Maybe something happens in book 5 that makes sigzil a dawnshard later?

Just now, TypicalShard said:

" Storms it couldn't be, it couldn't... he walked further haunted by what he might find, worried that he was going mad yet desperate to know. Could it... "Kal?". "

Well this doesn't bode well.   

yeah, im expecting a rather not... happy ending... for book 5. its gonna make it all the better though, bittersweet or just straight sad endings are my favorite

1 minute ago, Eternal Khol said:

yeah, im expecting a rather not... happy ending... for book 5. its gonna make it all the better though, bittersweet or just straight sad endings are my favorite

Well at least you get to be happy, unfortunately I hate such endings with a passion. This just ain't storming fair. 

What if Aux and the weirdness around that has something to do with freeing Ba-Ado-Mishram, restoring something to both humans and spren?

Night Brigade, Dust Brigade...hmmm, well, these are threnodites so I wouldn't be surprised. 

I wonder, can Sigzil eat meat?

18 minutes ago, Eternal Khol said:

I think so as well, although I'm more curious as to why this happens and how this will play into things. 

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

what the storms is the night brigade???? 

Part of me thinks that they're a splinter group unattached to Scadrial or Roshar, hunting Dawnshards either for some nefarious purpose such as destroying them or controlling them for their own means. 

Other random Stormlight notes:

Roshar didn't explode, so that's nice. 

Kaladin (and/or someone else Sigzil cares about) is still alive, meaning this happens close enough to Stormlight Archive overall for Kaladin to be alive, or he has Ascended (which I totally support) 

Just now, Use the Falchion said:

Kaladin (and/or someone else Sigzil cares about) is still alive, meaning this happens close enough to Stormlight Archive overall for Kaladin to be alive, or he has Ascended (which I totally support) 

If it's Kaladin or anyone from bridge four they would have to be a Ascended or a cognitive shadow. Brandon says that this is fairly far into the cosmere timeline. "Moderately far into the cosmere's future."