• 4 weeks later...

Chag Sameach! You know what, I'll edit the topic now. Plus, I made some cheese cakes with my sister's help, and she insists I'd post pictures.

Edit: here's my prototype cake:IMG_20220602_233418_288.thumb.jpg.4c2bbb1dd03a646d7dd69b0f2d8f370e.jpg

And here's the cake I made after a lesson in Culinary Engineering from @Michborn:IMG_20220602_233432_874.thumb.jpg.5398b41275ab06894e2b49aaf8804c87.jpg

As you can clearly see, the lesson paid off!

Though she didn't give me a lesson in taking pictures.

Edited by Trutharchivist

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So. It's nearly that time of year again, and you know what that means...

Candles, draidels, Sufganiot and latkes. To be quite honest, the main thing I currently have to say is more about how Chanuka is sometimes viewed as the Jewish Christmas and how it irritates me, though I'm pretty sure there was some influence from Christmas on some things (my Grandma hands over gifts to all the grandchildren at the familial Chanuka party).

On another note, anyone has time for Chess on Nittel Nacht? 

• 2 months later...

A Freilechen Purim, to anyone who may read this! I'd guess that some gentiles tend to share their costume around Hallowe'en - do you have anything interesting? (I don't. Not yet, at least.)
Most of you probably celebrate during Purim D'prazin. I'm actually doing two days - I live in Jerusalem, but my Yeshivah is outside of it.

Anyway, if I'll have a costume to share at some point I might send a picture here! Hope you all enjoy the holiday - and are ready to tackle cleaning for Pesach, it's right around the corner!

• 8 months later...

Huh. Just found it again.

Well, it's not like this really worked, not nearly as well as I've hoped. But hey, no need to measure it that way!

Anyway, hope it finds you in good health etc, if you have any idea for a Jewish discussion that doesn't have to do with the holidays do tell.

Have a good day!

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Well, it's that time of year again! Pesach cleaning is going fine here, it's mostly just me going over cupboards with bleach. How are things for you?

My wife is a gem. Despite work keeping me working 9 hours a day the cleaning is getting done.