Killing Brandon

In a recent interview for the Kickstarer on Youtuber Daniel Greene's channel, Brandon talked about how he wishes in every future visual adaptations of his works to be unceremoniously killed on screen as an extra. I am trying to think of specific scenes in each cosmere book that Brandon could be killed in. It seems to me that the best options would be ones where multiple people, particularly bystanders are killed quickly.

Final Empire- one of the skaa rebels killed by Luthadel garrison just as Vin and Kelsier arrive, one of the random citizens executed by inquisitors in Luthadel square

Well of A- Killed by Vin and Zayne during attack on house Cett (mentioned by Brandon), or torn apart by Koloss during seige

Hero of A- executed by Quelllion, torn apart by Koloss at pits

Alloy- shot by thieves at the ball

Shadows- killed by bleeder with F steel in the beginning, killed by rioting workers

Bands- killed in train shootout

Warbreaker- killed in chaos of uprising by Pahn Kal, killed by guardsman possessed by nightblood

WoK- Killed by Szeth at Hanavanar's feast or for one of his crimelord owners, killed by chasamfeind on disastrous hunt

WoR- One of the deserters who dies to the bandits, one of Dalinar's entourage killed by bridge assassin

Ob- one of the villagers fighting with Fen in Starfall vision, one of the illusions killed by sadeas soldiers, thaylen banker killed by fused near Rysn

RoW- killed by Raboniel's soldiers during fighting in catacombs, human resistor killed by Lezian's soldiers while trying to save radiants

anyone else have ideas?

TIb

Emperors Soul- Locked in one of the cells waiting for execution (mix it up a little bit)  

Shadows of Silence- Put him in the book of criminals with an X through it

Elantris- Have him be a Hoed with his son Dalin (who loves dressing up as zombies). Then Brandon can get burned alive or stabbed by the Fjordens, but Dalin can get away.

Alloy of Law- He is one of the people in Bloody Tan's wax museum.

Shadows of Self- I like the F-Steel one, but make him looking at a really bad painting of a parrot holding a pen.

Bands of Mourning- Maybe put his name one of the tomb stones in the graveyard that Wayne and Marasi go to.

Between Way of Kings and Words of Radiance, I agree that he needs to fall into a chasm

Oathbringer- What if he was one of the second people who got murdered in the tower. Not the Sadeas look-a-like, but another look-a-like.

Rhythm of War- One of the Honorspren on Ishar's table... Actually, maybe killed by Lezian's soldiers is better.

Warbreaker- I think getting Nightblooded by a guard, as Tib suggested, would be uniquely spectacular.

White Sand- One of the sandmasters who dries up.

Sixth of Dusk- When Sak goes crazy, put almost all Dusk bodies, but fit in one Brandon.

They should make it so you see him torn apart by Koloss a second time in Secret History (after HoA). Or, they make him one of the IRE that run away from Kelsier.

1 hour ago, Tiberius Gracchus said:

In a recent interview for the Kickstarer on Youtuber Daniel Greene's channel, Brandon talked about how he wishes in every future visual adaptations of his works to be unceremoniously killed on screen as an extra. I am trying to think of specific scenes in each cosmere book that Brandon could be killed in. It seems to me that the best options would be ones where multiple people, particularly bystanders are killed quickly.

Final Empire- one of the skaa rebels killed by Luthadel garrison just as Vin and Kelsier arrive, one of the random citizens executed by inquisitors in Luthadel square

Yep. His head on a spear.

Well of A- Killed by Vin and Zayne during attack on house Cett (mentioned by Brandon), or torn apart by Koloss during seige

Hero of A- executed by Quelllion, torn apart by Koloss at pits

Death by Koloss. Dismemberment is wholesome family fun.

Shadows- killed by bleeder with F steel in the beginning, killed by rioting workers

Or make him the source of her steelpushing.

Ob- one of the villagers fighting with Fen in Starfall vision, one of the illusions killed by sadeas soldiers, thaylen banker killed by fused near Rysn

A soldier withered into a husk by Azure

anyone else have ideas?

On Threnody have him accidentally create a spark, run away and be consumed and turned into a Shade in the intro as an introduction to the setting.

I don't care for his wishes. I want him to be an unassuming writer who is seen chilling and writing while outside his window, rust is going down. Maybe he can be seen as a Silverlight scholar. In fact, I want Hoid to ask him what he's writing, only for Hoid to read it and call it crap. 

I don't want him unceremoniously dying, but unceremoniously living his life. Sees dudes Steelpushed into his window, and then Vin flying out to kill them. Or on Roshar, he's trying to figure out a ketek and a Thunderclast just walks by, looks at him, before the Thunderclast is stopped by a Radiant. Brandon keeps writing. Maybe another shot of him arguing with an editor about not having the money to self-publish and then the King's Drop lands beside them -- then Lift slides in and takes it before he goes to grab it.

EDIT: 

Editor: "Do you think spheres will just fall from the sky?"
*King's Drop lands between them*
Brandon: "I mean..." 

and

Brandon (gets out of the Cognitive Realm): "They say Scadrial is lovely this time of year-"
*Wax flies by, there's smoke climbing in the air nearby-- city is in chaos*

Edited by Propagandist

1 hour ago, Propagandist said:

I don't care for his wishes. I want him to be an unassuming writer who is seen chilling and writing while outside his window, rust is going down. Maybe he can be seen as a Silverlight scholar. In fact, I want Hoid to ask him what he's writing, only for Hoid to read it and call it crap.

I'd say that Stan Lee has been done. While Brandon is taking his inspiration from him, it would be unfair to both of them to just imitate Stan Lee. If Brandon wants to die spectacularly, let him.

2 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

I'd say that Stan Lee has been done. While Brandon is taking his inspiration from him, it would be unfair to both of them to just imitate Stan Lee. If Brandon wants to die spectacularly, let him.

True, true. That was just my personal desire. Brandon does as he pleases.

Brandon must die at least once during each adaptation.  Ideally multiple times but that might be too difficult for his schedule.  I think a better idea might be that every time an extra dies during production we make note of it and then choose one at random to stick Brandon in.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, AFdooda said:

When I scrolled down here for a second only the word 'Bean' appeared and I got really confused.

Then the rest appeared and I was even more confused.

Has confusion been replaced by the light of knowledge ... coming from a burning Brandon Sanderson during the Oathbringer flashback when Dalinar set a city on fire?

Oh good. I read the title and was worried for a moment.

If we're going deaths at the most spectacular moments, death by Nightblood is good. He probably wouldn't actually do this because for all of the fans that know his face there would be a jarring immersion break at climatic points, but here are some of those spectacular moments. Definite spoilers for a lot of the books' climaxes.

Spoiler

• Mistborn: the Final Empire - killed during Kelsier's battle with the Steel Inquisitor. Maybe he's the random Skaa that gets beheaded that provokes Kelsier into fighting.
  • Well of Ascension - a random advisor next to Straff Venture after Vin cuts him in half with her Duralumin-fueled jump maybe?
  • Hero of Ages - it'd take editing, but have him be a Koloss in the camp that Elend kills at the start of the book, while he's also eating his own head. Koloss Head Munching Day! Alternately, he could be a Koloss or Atium Misting at the final battlefield. That's gotta look cool.
  • Alloy of Law - one of the gang thugs that gets blown up when Wax triggers the dynamite that was attached to the train car door. Alternately, one of the thugs with a look of panic when Wax flattens the building that Steris was kept in.
  • Shadows of Self - Father Bin, the Survivorist priest who gets nailed to the wall. He's named but is basically a corpse for all we see of him.
  • Bands of Mourning - Set thug killed when Marasi first uses the Bands of Morning
  • Elantris - One of the Dakhor Monks that gets annihilated by Aon Daa when the Elantrians get restored
  • Warbreaker - one of the Lifeless that Vasher mows down with the fully drawn Nightblood.
  • Emperor's Soul - They could do a "flashback" montage when Shai stamps herself becoming Shaizan, and he's a random dude that she wrote into her history as having killed. Alternately, it'd be subtle, but he could do motion capture for one of the skeletals that Shai takes down. You wouldn't see his face, but he would be taken out twice!
  • Sixth of the Dusk - the One from Above that choked to death. Not sure if that's better than Kandrafish's idea though. They'd have to work it in, but they could have him be one of the sailors eaten by the shadow in the ocean, though they'd have to show that on camera when it isn't currently.
  • White Sand - Possibly a soldier that gets killed by the Deep Sandling when they're with the Lord General. One of the Mastrels at the beginning would be cool too, again Kandrafish's idea.
  • Way of Kings - Maybe one of the Parshendi soldiers right after Kaladin jumps across the bridge and swears his oath? Tiberius Gracchus's ideas are pretty good.
  • Words of Radiance - Just about anyone at the summoning of the Everstorm. Alternately, he could be someone the chasmfiend is munching on when Shallan and Kaladin are in the chasms.
  • Oathbringer - Someone killed by the Thunderclast. If he's some of Shallan's illusions, then he could be a bunch of different false Radiants, and die over and over!
  • Rhythm of War - Random ardent killed by the first anti-Voidlight explosion before they knew what was going on.

• 3 weeks later...

Those are some great examples in the OP, to which I'd add a few Brandon Kill-off Cameo ideas:

MB: Final Empire - As one of the several soldiers clad in metal armor who end up getting used as living anchors or projectiles in an duel of Allomancers. Either during Vin vs. Shan Elariel's assassination team, or Kelsier's duel with Bendel the Inquisitor in the Square of the Survivor ("sorry, friend" indeed!)

Well of Ascension - As the smaller koloss killed by another, larger koloss in Jastes' camp when Sazed first arrives there, for no obvious reason than later stated, "I hated him."

Hero of Ages - As the Keeper that Marsh kills with a spike at the very beginning, in the Prologue. "I can tell you no more about the Synod!" Yeah right, Brandon. There's always another secret, isn't there?

Shadows of Self - not killed on-screen, but mounted as one of the displays of Bloody Tan, someone writing at a desk with stacks of books all around him. (*shudder*)

TWoK - obviously, one of the anonymous bridgemen in Bridge Four that get killed on Kaladin's first ever bridge run...