Stories That Make You Cry

What movies/books/songs make you cry, and why? 

There's only two that are likely to make me cry repeatedly, and that's Interstellar, and 'And Every Morning The Way Home Gets Longer And Longer' by Fredrick Backman.  Interstellar because I'm a very family-oriented person, and 'Every Morning' because in some ways I've been the kid in that book, and it hit very close to home.

What about y'all?

Not a crier to media.

Arcane almost got me. (gods man that show im gonna be ranting about it for WEEKS)

The Way Of Kings got me. Second time reading it, and Tiens death made me just start sobbing and I have no idea why. I think I was just having a bad day.

Nothing else ever made me come close to crying.

17 Miracles, Ephraim's Rescue, Cokeville Miracle, Love Kennedy, Hachi, Coco iirc, Rhythm of War, a part of a webcomic, a thing I wrote made me cry when I read it aloud, a thing my sister wrote almost made me cry when she read it aloud, and a bunchabuncha others I can't remember.

My sister and I seem to be the only people in the world who didn't think Coco was a sad movie... 

Aside from that, I'm a bit of a crybaby. In recent memory, episode 3 of All of Us Are Dead got me, when I continue watching it I'm sure it'll get worse. Belle made it difficult to restrain myself considering I was at the theater. No Way Home had a couple moments. RoW had a reaaally good moment (and more to come in the 300 pages I have left I'm sure). No Time to Die definitely. A song called Dandelion Girls, Dandelion Boys hit me a lot harder than I expected it to. Lupin III for all its silliness has proven it can play with my feelings like a toy whenever it chooses to. Trails of Cold Steel 4 has come to the point I cry once every chapter or so. And of course, I rewatched Your Lie in April recently and that one always turns me into a sad bundle of tears. 

• 2 weeks later...

A Silent Voice got me, so if you’re open to anime please watch this movie, it’s great. But nothing has devastated me as much as A Dog’s Purpose. For a movie that critics have decided is utterly mediocre, it has made me cry on every rewatch. What can I say, I like dogs.

I can’t not watch Infinity War, Endgame, and Spider-Man No Way Home without crying.

Spoilers for Infinity War:

Spoiler

When Peter was being dusted away-

Endgame Spoilers:

Spoiler

I start crying hysterically when Nat and Tony die.. It was rough when I watched it-

No Way Home spoilers:

Spoiler

Aunt May- 

I also get emotional when I watch To Kill a Mockingbird.

Star Wars: Return of The Jedi wasn’t bad before I watched Clone Wars the series

Really any movie someone of something dies in, I can’t watch it without crying.

35 minutes ago, Rashek's PR Manager said:

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned HOA whose ending turned me into a sobbing mess. 

Ok, books are a whole different category for me. HOA was probably the worst book emotional wise for me. 

Spoiler

Although RoW war pretty rough too. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The part with Tien in RoW, Teft, and when I thought, Wax was going to die, and I felt super gross all when I thought Frodo died, I was sooo sad, and I stopped reading for a day after that chapter, so I didn't realize he was still alive until the next day. Yeah, I cry all the time while reading good books.

I almost never cry when reading, I don't know why. But several scenes in all of SA got me close. Also the HoA ending. 

I have also come close when reading the Malazan books (especially 2 and 3; I haven't read beyond 3 for now). The end of Return of the King, too.

And of course, there is a book that destroyed me even more.

téléchargement.jpeg

Edited by Just a Silvereye