hello y'all!

deehellcat

(waves) Hi, I'm a doofus. :D Read the OG Mistborn trilogy quite a while ago, am tempted now to spring for the secret projects, but afraid I won't be able to understand them until I read the rest of the Cosmere, and afraid I won't be able to understand the rest of the Cosmere unless I reread the OG books first (since it's been so darn long, I'm not sure I remember much). See? Doofus.

Thought I'd join up here so I might be able to find some guidance. My amount of reading time isn't huge so I have to budget it carefully.

17 minutes ago, deehellcat said:

(waves) Hi, I'm a doofus. :D Read the OG Mistborn trilogy quite a while ago, am tempted now to spring for the secret projects, but afraid I won't be able to understand them until I read the rest of the Cosmere, and afraid I won't be able to understand the rest of the Cosmere unless I reread the OG books first (since it's been so darn long, I'm not sure I remember much). See? Doofus.

Thought I'd join up here so I might be able to find some guidance. My amount of reading time isn't huge so I have to budget it carefully.

Welcome to the Shard, @deehellcat! I don't think you need to reread Mistborn OG to understand the Cosmere, though you might want to do so before Mistborn Era 2. I'd also recommend being very careful of spoilers while browsing the forums.

Hello fellow new person. Don't take the cookies, and so far, from what we've seen with the secret projects, you would only need some understanding of Shardic lore and possibly Realmatic theory, though maybe #4 will require some extra knowledge as it's about a character we've seen before, we don't know which.

The Shardic knowledge should be easy to get a without spoilers, especially if you were to post something in the Q&A forum.

Edited by Ta'veren Kaladin

18 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

welcome to the shard! want a cookie?

absolutely! in fact I have a batch of Ukrainian honey cookies in the oven right now, if I could just figure out how to send them through the interwebs to share them with you all :)

16 hours ago, Ta'veren Kaladin said:

Hello fellow new person. Don't take the cookies, and so far, from what we've seen with the secret projects, you would only need some understanding of Shardic lore and possibly Realmatic theory, though maybe #4 will require some extra knowledge as it's about a character we've seen before, we don't know which.

The Shardic knowledge should be easy to get a without spoilers, especially if you were to post something in the Q&A forum.

wait, no to cookies? :( lolol