Hemalurgy Compounding

Lego Mistborn

This may already be answered in part or fully, but I'm still gonna post it. 

Part 1: Allomancy and Hemalurgy.

What would happen if someone who could burn one of the metals took a spike of that metal, stabbed someone who had the power(s) that spike would steal, then swallowed it? Take for instance steel, which steals physical Allomantic powers, stabbed into a mistborn. My thoughts are that doing this would push on your spiritweb, causing small changes. Perhaps your coinshot abilities are stronger and you have small ability, though not noticeable, in the other three arts. Your children would also have increased likelihood of gaining the four powers, though not as much as someone who actually holds the spike in their body.

Part 2: Feruchemy and Hemalurgy.

What happens if a ferring uses a spike as a metalmind? Is this even possible? Perhaps the hemalurgic investiture blocks the storing of attributes. If not, I suspect the two would not interfere in the physical, although I think the attribute stored in the metalmind would get corrupted and using it would damage your spiritweb more.

Part 3: All the metallic arts.

I'm going to wait to do this until I get feedback on Parts 1 and 2.

Edited by Ta'veren Kaladin

We've got a couple Words of Brandon on the first

Maru Nui

What happens when you burn a Hemalurgic spike?

Brandon Sanderson

Burning a Hemalurgic spike would have the effect of splicing your spiritual DNA to that of the person's that is in the spike, which would have some very strange consequences.

Czanos

Would anything interesting happen if an Allomancer Burned a Hemalurgic spike, or a Feruchemist Tapped one?

Brandon Sanderson

Er, well, it’s possible. But you’d have to be burning a Hemalurgic spike that killed you and took your power…

Just like you can’t gain anything by burning a metalmind unless you infused it yourself.

(These also seem to be somewhat contradictory so you know take from that what you will)

RoboChrist

If you have a Hemalurgic spike made of atium, that grants atium Allomancy, could you use the spike itself as a source of atium to burn?

Brandon Sanderson

Briefly. 

As for 2 it does seem like it's possible but he RAFO'd what that would do

Maru Nui

Can you both Feruchemically charge and Hemalurgically invest in the same piece of metal?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes. 

Maru Nui

What would happen if you burned the Feruchemically charged and Hemalurgically invested metal?

Brandon Sanderson

RAFO. 

The first two seem to contradict themselves, but it appears I was right in assuming there would be spiritweb implications with the hema-mancy compounding(new word of my own coining), though Brandon is still vague about it. Also, the last WoB doesn't actually tell us about any strange effects the hema-chemy compounding would have, but I am excited that he RAFO'd the feru-hema-mancy compounding. 

Now for more speculation.

This first part involves more general cosmere knowlege, so be warned of warbreaker spoilers below

Spoiler

What if a Nalthis-born person were to go to Scadrial, get connection to the planet, eats some Lerasium, get stabbed, dies and is then sent back as a returned. Could they then burn the spike they got stabbed with?

I won't speculate any more on the spiritweb disaster of burning a spike, but as for the triple combination, well:

Spoiler

I assume that using the spike will cause corruption to the stored trait, so burning a filled hemalurgic spike metalmind would probably release an intense, hard to control, surge of corrupted power and will tear at your spiritweb, changing it very severely. (I don't fully understand spiritweb science, so I will avoid guessing how it will be affected)

PS I figured out how to utilize spoilers, so now I will do so.

Edited by Ta'veren Kaladin

I don't think anything particularly special or powerful happens if you Feruchemically store in a Hemalurgically charged metal -  at least, nothing powerful enough for TLR to worry about Inquisitors getting, as I think Inquisitors could use their gold spikes to store health, and likely did to avoid revealing that their healing power was Feruchemy (post the pewter -> gold change in HoA, I think?).

I'd expect it would be like two Feruchemists storing in the same piece of metal, both charges are there but don't interact. (And probably this only works if the spike isn't already "full" of Investiture)?

Burning a Hemalurgic spike is much more interesting...

2 hours ago, cometaryorbit said:

I'd expect it would be like two Feruchemists storing in the same piece of metal, both charges are there but don't interact. (And probably this only works if the spike isn't already "full" of Investiture)?

Has Brandon said this could happen? I guess it would take like an unkeyed metalmind or something, cause I'm pretty sure they've said that two people can't both use the same normal metalmind

31 minutes ago, PurpurPhönix said:

Has Brandon said this could happen? I guess it would take like an unkeyed metalmind or something, cause I'm pretty sure they've said that two people can't both use the same normal metalmind

A person cannot access the investiture stored by another in a normal metalmind, they can both store in the same peace of metal, there will just be a block where traits have already been stored, like cometaryorbit said.

1 hour ago, Ta'veren Kaladin said:

A person cannot access the investiture stored by another in a normal metalmind, they can both store in the same peace of metal, there will just be a block where traits have already been stored, like cometaryorbit said.

where do we see that? I don't remember it, although if it was in a WoB then I probably would just never have heard it