Could we guess the last Shard ?

Friendshipspren

57 minutes ago, Friendshipspren said:

So we now know that Virtuousity is or was a Shard . If so could it's inverse , Depravity be one. I've been rooting for Depravity to be a Shard since i learned about them so i hope so. What do y'all think ? 

Virtuosity means someone skilled at art.

35 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

Aren't you best at something if you can innovate and improve it? I would see Cultivation as opposed to Invention.

Maybe but I'm  Invention might be more  Meticulous While virtuosity more intuitive.   A sort of scientist vs artist ( Think jasnah vs shallan,  Both brilliant but in very much opposite ways)

1) pretty sure it's "Prudence" or similar to Prudence. That one Shard had an intent like this was confirmed, no Shard so far seems to fit that closely at all, there's only one left, etc. 

Plus wisdom and omniscience are key attributes of God in every major religious dogma, which seem to strongly  inspire the Intents of Adonalsium.

I like Prudence, makes me imagine the Shard as a 70 year old lady drinking chamomile tea

2) there's no confirmation that, and I think reasonable suggestion against it, Shards are all paired with exact opposites.  Soft opposites maybe, but the Intents we have seen are too complex to have exact opposites in most cases. 

12 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

Aren't you best at something if you can innovate and improve it? I would see Cultivation as opposed to Invention.

Cultivation is controlled growth, and one of the components of Science, I don't think it's opposed to Invention in any way.

But yes, Virtuosity is likely to be the Shard the closest to Invention (at least in the sense Cultivation is the closest to Ruin) and not opposite to it.

There 

16 hours ago, apepi said:

Do we know that Brandon has decided/knows what the last shard is?

There are WOBS pointing to 

a. Wisdom-ish

b. Anguish-ish

c. Prudence-ish

d. Something that wants to survive

IMO, Wisdom isnt a thing anymore since we have Invention and Virtuosity. We also ot the Anguish WOB in 2020, so that feels more likely. 

Edited by teknopathetic

3 minutes ago, teknopathetic said:

There 

There are WOBS pointing to 

a. Wisdom-ish

b. Anguish-ish

c. Prudence-ish

d. Something that wants to survive

IMO, Wisdom isnt a thing anymore. We go the Anguish WOB in 2020, so that feels more likely. 

Do you still have that Anguish WoB?

Also there's a WoB saying there's a Shard called Ingenuity, though it could easily have been changed to Invention/Virtuosity

13 hours ago, Lotus said:

I think that Wisdom is too close to Invention, personality. Prudence or misery is my guess

You can probably combine the two ideas actually.

If you go with the psychological/philosophical concept of Angst.

Or, for a word that's less connected with whiny teens these days (rightly or wrongly), Worry. 

Despair sounds a bit too similar to The Endless, of which I'm sure Brandon is aware and probably wants some separation from given both groups are eternal, transcendent entities anthropomorphising aspects of consciousness

Edited by IndigoAjah
Added a bit

I think the last Shard could be the Survival Shard, with its Intent being something similar to Caution. I would like to think of it as being a sort of the inverse of Whimsy, with Whimsy being, “I take all sorts of risks without thinking, I just do whatever the heck I want,” and Caution being, “I need to think about this, I need to make sure I keep myself alive.”