Things in SP3 that literally made me bang on the table in excitement.

Zibus

In no particular order.

Hoid the coat rack! I don't know why this tickles me so much, but man, imagining the self-important Hoid being used as a coat rack for decades just tickles me silly.

It wasn’t an actual body—everyone kind of learned their lesson on that

This is obviously a reference to Ishar and his experiments, and possibly other experiments we don't know about yet. I'm glad to know we won't have to deal with physical spren monstrosities walking about in future Cosmere. 

I love love love Yumi's world - I'm going to call them Light and Dark world for now. The rock stacking is such an awesome and unique expression of art and calling to the Spren. I love the visually idea of this planet where everything floats above the ground - planets, buildings, people just tenuously connected to the burning earth. 

I love the foreshadowing of connection between the worlds. The Light world spirits always splitting into two separate but related parts. The hion lines that are tied together in the Dark world. The benevolent vs malevolent spiritual (probably invested) entities on the two worlds. I'm so excited to discover the mystery of how these two worlds got tied together and how our protagonists are going to set things right. Speaking of which...

Virtuosity! which means "of great technical skill". I'm so stoked we got another unknown shard. I hope we get some ideas about how/why she shattered herself. I wonder if any other places have been affected and how their arts may have been changed. Obviously this is somehow related to both the painting and rock stacking which are both art and used to contain or draw on the spirits of the two worlds. I imagine Virtuosity is particular associated with  Adonalsium's creative power - theoretically she could have been a particularly potent Shard.

So much else! I love both our main characters and their opposite but similar responses to their duties. I can't wait to watch them bounce off each other and interact. I love the mystery and the visual story-telling of the world. I'm excited for what seems to be a pretty future timeline Cosmere story. I love all the visuals too. I thought I was excited for SP1, but this story has me beyond excited! I hate that we have to wait till July 2023 to read the rest.

let out a little squeal when design came on!! dude i love her

also i love to imagine that (if being frozen in time was intentional and hoids doing and has something to do with him being very very old) hoid will go and meddle in the fate of the entire universe for a bit and then come back and sit in "his" noodle bar as gets treated as furniture

4 hours ago, AerionBFII said:

if I had the option of being a KR I always wanted to be a Windrunner but Cryptics are so damn cool I want to be a lightweaver. 

The Cryptics are so rad. Definitely my favorite type of spren we've seen - though the Mist and Ash spren are great too.

Yeah, Design is great in this! It's so cool to see another Cryptic other than Pattern and how their personalities differ. I love that Design asked to be a voluptuous woman because it reminded her of a math equation.

I imagine the artist doing SP3 has got their work cut out for them.

Ok, so she's creature of such infinite complexity that her face could drive you insane, but she's also smoking hot, also, you need to fit prime numbers in there somewhere.

Edited by Gnmish

On 18.3.2022 at 4:10 PM, melaan enjoyer said:

let out a little squeal when design came on!! dude i love her

also i love to imagine that (if being frozen in time was intentional and hoids doing and has something to do with him being very very old) hoid will go and meddle in the fate of the entire universe for a bit and then come back and sit in "his" noodle bar as gets treated as furniture

You know as well as we all that Hoid, if this were intentional, would have assumed an obscene or embarrassing posture before freezing up.

6 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

You know as well as we all that Hoid, if this were intentional, would have assumed an obscene or embarrassing posture before freezing up.

True. I wonder if people get to hang coats on his middle finger.

On 17.3.2022 at 8:09 PM, Zibus said:

This is obviously a reference to Ishar and his experiments, and possibly other experiments we don't know about yet. I'm glad to know we won't have to deal with physical spren monstrosities walking about in future Cosmere. 

Imo, the sentence is about the people who come to the inn, who learned that Design specific body isn't real. Not the people of the cosmere who learned something about cognitive entities.. what made you to think it is connected to ishar experiments?

On 17.3.2022 at 7:09 PM, Zibus said:

What makes you think that they are all dead?