SP3 - the coat rack

Ixthos

... Well, that certainly wasn't expected. I wonder if he is like that because he isn't Virtuous enough. ([Edit] I've been informed that Virtuosity is closer in meaning to skill than virtue. Never mind.)

I guess Hoid is a little like Castle Heterodyn. He may be stuck in time - assuming that is an accurate description - but his mind and powers are still free to Lightweave. Is he drawing power from the hion lines?

Edited by Ixthos

(Side note: Virtuosity isn't the same thing as Virtue; Virtuosity refers to artistic skill and ability. Which we've seen is a thing that's very important in both magic systems on display)

My assumption is that this a thing Hoid does sometimes when he can sense that he's not going to need to do anything important for the next few decades/centuries- if how he ended up like was really important, it wouldn't have been spoiled for us here. 

Am I the only one reminded of Han Solo?

Mercy and Hoid fighting with Shard Blades.
Mercy: Did Frost tell you what really happened to your old teacher?
Hoid: You killed him!
Mercy: No, I am your teacher.
Hoid: Noooo
... and just lets them switch on the time freezing machine. Then Destiny carries him off in a spaceship made from Aethers.

2 hours ago, Gilphon said:

My assumption is that this a thing Hoid does sometimes when he can sense that he's not going to need to do anything important for the next few decades/centuries- if how he ended up like was really important, it wouldn't have been spoiled for us here. 

Yup. I assume this is how he puts himself into stasis. And Design being a spren, deciding to use him as a coat rack as a joke on him.

On 3/17/2022 at 10:12 PM, eltari said:

Yup. I assume this is how he puts himself into stasis. And Design being a spren, deciding to use him as a coat rack as a joke on him.

I'm wondering if it isn't something he chooses, but rather something that he either has to do after a given period, or something that comes randomly upon him - he's minding his own business when suddenly he gets frozen in time, provided Fortune isn't compelling him to go somewhere.

On 3/17/2022 at 8:01 PM, Oltux72 said:

Am I the only one reminded of Han Solo?

Mercy and Hoid fighting with Shard Blades.
Mercy: Did Frost tell you what really happened to your old teacher?
Hoid: You killed him!
Mercy: No, I am your teacher.
Hoid: Noooo
... and just lets them switch on the time freezing machine. Then Destiny carries him off in a spaceship made from Aethers.

"Your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for ... bacon. So, you have a love of bacon."

"I don't like sand, its course and rough and irritating, and it gets everywhere. Stop that, Kenton."