19 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Yeahhh that honestly makes me pause too.

@Matrim's Dice you mentioned Thaid sounding off in PMs - could you elaborate on that?

There’s a lot of things we can give pause to because he’s done it before but they’re also just suspicious which makes it hard to read him :P. I think his activity has been less than ever before, which is potentially e indicative. Hard to say when he’s never been elim.

I asked about Thaid’s opinion on the Fang debate- his answer suggested to me that he didn’t want it to be used at all and was trying to cover that up with siding with later-rather-than-sooner, if that makes sense.

Like he said C2 would be good, and C3 would be good, and also C4, and when I pointed out that C4 would likely be too late he didn’t say anything. It was an answer to me that didn’t fit with what I expected based on his playstyle and seemed like he’d really just rather not use it.

I don’t think Stick should die today. v!Stick is definitely an asset to us and the reasons against her, while somewhat valid, I don’t think are enough. I’ve thought about this for awhile and think I’d rather wait for more evidence before voting her.

2 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'm not sure you've made an argument against me here. Maybe one in favor of consolidating votes a bit toward the end, given a likely larger elim team, but I would push for that anyway, to avoid a mess like the D1 and D2 of the last MR.

I was not, but I was making an argument that you're suspicious for the way you moved from Mat to Striker. Mostly because I was surprised you slid from stab vote you felt good about to person you felt slightly more good about, instead of sticking to the stab.  

50 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I asked about Thaid’s opinion on the Fang debate- his answer suggested to me that he didn’t want it to be used at all and was trying to cover that up with siding with later-rather-than-sooner, if that makes sense.

that does seem suspicious

Unrelated back reading note, TJ suggested we do a purple/yellow fang vote count. On the one hand, it provides the elims with a better sense of where the thread is at so they can decide how aggressively to distance. So maybe an elim team that's looking at a lot of question marks might promote that. But on the other hand, I feel like as an elim, I'd default to making my own list based on a close reading of what people have said in black text, plus some targeted follow up if I felt bold. Straight up asking for people to make your job easier feels too bold. So light village read for that. 

58 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

There’s a lot of things we can give pause to because he’s done it before but they’re also just suspicious which makes it hard to read him :P. I think his activity has been less than ever before, which is potentially e indicative. Hard to say when he’s never been elim.

Like he said C2 would be good, and C3 would be good, and also C4, and when I pointed out that C4 would likely be too late he didn’t say anything. It was an answer to me that didn’t fit with what I expected based on his playstyle and seemed like he’d really just rather not use it.

I don’t think Stick should die today. v!Stick is definitely an asset to us and the reasons against her, while somewhat valid, I don’t think are enough. I’ve thought about this for awhile and think I’d rather wait for more evidence before voting her.

Just now, Archer said:

I was not, but I was making an argument that you're suspicious for the way you moved from Mat to Striker. Mostly because I was surprised you slid from stab vote you felt good about to person you felt slightly more good about, instead of sticking to the stab.  

Unrelated back reading note, TJ suggested we do a purple/yellow fang vote count. On the one hand, it provides the elims with a better sense of where the thread is at so they can decide how aggressively to distance. So maybe an elim team that's looking at a lot of question marks might promote that. But on the other hand, I feel like as an elim, I'd default to making my own list based on a close reading of what people have said in black text, plus some targeted follow up if I felt bold. Straight up asking for people to make your job easier feels too bold. So light village read for that. 

to clarify I meant that we shouldn't use it this cycle, probably next cycle or the one after that. sorry for the confusion.

6 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

@Araris Valerian I am like 90% sure I actually had less people in my good pile than xino did. That post of yours reads like extreme reaching onto me. Araris.

I missed Mat’s list and Xino has fewer people in his by 1. I’m also not sure why I, under any alignment/circumstance, would “reach” to vote on you when I already had a vote out. Unless I’m e/e with you or with Mat I suppose.

11 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I missed Mat’s list and Xino has fewer people in his by 1. I’m also not sure why I, under any alignment/circumstance, would “reach” to vote on you when I already had a vote out. Unless I’m e/e with you or with Mat I suppose.

You wouldn't have to be e/e with me to vote on me as an elim if you're looking for a good reason to vote on me for some reason. I don't necessarily think that Mat is an elim, but even if he isn't there could be other reasons you'd want to vote me out.

1 minute ago, StrikerEZ said:

You wouldn't have to be e/e with me to vote on me as an elim if you're looking for a good reason to vote on me for some reason. I don't necessarily think that Mat is an elim, but even if he isn't there could be other reasons you'd want to vote me out.

Eh, I think Araris has a point. The best argument for your case I can think of is e!me and, well, that’s not what’s happening :P

It is possible he wanted to move and needed a way out but Araris likes his stab votes and probably could have found something else if he really wanted to… I don’t love a few of his posts but this specifically I think is fine.

3 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Eh, I think Araris has a point. The best argument for your case I can think of is e!me and, well, that’s not what’s happening :P

It is possible he wanted to move and needed a way out but Araris likes his stab votes and probably could have found something else if he really wanted to… I don’t love a few of his posts but this specifically I think is fine.

Maybe I'm reacting too hard to it. That is very possible, considering how sick and tired I am :P

Sorry for absence.

Thaid, Stick, Xino, Matrim, Aman, Orlok, Archer, Striker

TJ, TUN, Araris, JNV, Bort

Varying levels in between tiers. Would be most willing to bump down Aman and Orlok first just for lack of content. besides that probably Archer or Striker.

12 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I'm willing to join you on Thaid.

11 hours ago, Archer said:

The Bort exe doesn't seem to be going anywhere, so would you consider switching to Thaid?

@xinoehp512 you had Thaid in your Bad Bucket - same question as above. :eyes: 

@Araris Valerian what do you think of Thaid?

VC:
Stick(4): TJ, Orlok, Xino, Thaid
Thaid(2): Mat, Stick

Bort(1): Archer
Aman(1): Bort
Striker(1): Araris
Araris(1): Striker

edit: 

@Amanuensis I know you're probably still catching up but it'd be great if you voted please :ph34r: 

@The Unknown Novel hello there

edit2:

@StrikerEZ you have them in your elim reads too - fancy switching over?

edit3: 

@|TJ| as well - got Thaid in your elim reads.

Damn I...might as well tag the whole thread at this point xD

Edited by _Stick_

I’m not going to be on for rollover, so I suppose I’ll vote Striker Stick. I know that’s not what Stick wants, I’m sort of ambivalent about the two but not a fan of voting alongside Mat. I also don’t like Mat’s defense of Stick, it seems too insistent for D1. I also agree with Thaid’s take on waiting to Fang for a bit, and actually that it would be ideal if we never needed to use it.

11 hours ago, Illwei said:

Sorry for absence.

Thaid, Stick, Xino, Matrim, Aman, Orlok, Archer, Striker

TJ, TUN, Araris, JNV, Bort

Varying levels in between tiers. Would be most willing to bump down Aman and Orlok first just for lack of content. besides that probably Archer or Striker.

Do... you wanna answer why you find xino village?

5 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

@|TJ| as well - got Thaid in your elim reads.

Nope, my e!read on Thaid was based on gut and reasoned suspicion > gut suspicion

8 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Anyone got a current VC?

VC:
Stick(4): TJ, Orlok, Thaid, Araris
Thaid(4): Mat, Stick, Bort, Xino

Bort(1): Archer
Araris(1): Striker

21 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

Nope, my e!read on Thaid was based on gut and reasoned suspicion > gut suspicion

Okay what about Archer?

21 hours ago, |TJ| said:

Good - Mat, Bort, Orlok
Mlerp - Striker, JNV, Araris, Illwei
Bad - Stick, xino, Archer, Thaid

2 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

I’m not going to be on for rollover, so I suppose I’ll vote Striker Stick. I know that’s not what Stick wants, I’m sort of ambivalent about the two but not a fan of voting alongside Mat. I also don’t like Mat’s defense of Stick, it seems too insistent for D1. I also agree with Thaid’s take on waiting to Fang for a bit, and actually that it would be ideal if we never needed to use it.

It is ideal if we never need to use it, because that would mean we get an elim today, but that wasn’t what it seemed like Thaid was implying to me. It also isn’t a reason not to use it, it’s not as if using the Fang successfully harms us in any way. Not using the Fang can harm us if we are just misexeing.

About Stick, do note that I never said that I village read her :P. Though we’re mindmelding so much rn that I can’t decide if I should, or if it’s a pocket attempt >> I do think her exe shouldn’t happen today.

Also would be fine with Araris but it looks like Thaid’s picked up some votes which makes me nervous since the reason I’m voting him is something only I saw. I would have thought other people would be more hesitant to join me. Village points to TJ for not voting Thaid?

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Maybe I'm misremembering Araris' village playstyle since I don't see it that often, but is 'I don't want to vote alongside a sus' an argument they use much? All their votes have pinged me this round. I have a sinking feeling that Thaid is a convenient mix and Araris is taking advantage of that by having overly strong opinions about how the fang should be deployed and how people should think about it. I mostly got disconnected vibes from Thaid, not evil. 

I got village vibes from Stick because in our PM they changed their mind about Mat on their own. So Araris  Bort