Eaton Strikk had a splitting headache. He’d been getting more of those lately. But, well, he had a job to do. There were Darkfriends amongst them and someone had to kill them.

And he’d hate to miss out on the fun.

3 hours ago, JNV said:

Hi hi Ive never read wheel of time sad but I want to play and I kinda want to do that thing I saw Striker do where it's all RP kinda but also agian never read wot so hmm for now character as... Kai? Maybe? Does that seem like a wheel of time name? Kai for now let me research wheel of time names

Given that someone RPed in the last WoT game I played in (LG6) as a horse who ran in last minute to lynch the Whitecloak, I...really don't think you can particularly get things wrong :P

If this helps, and more generally for players who haven't been GMed by me before

• I'm essentially doing a WoT-skinned folk horror setting

• Some of the write-ups will ignore established WoT lore: importantly, everyone has to remember that this is in a small isolated village, and that their understanding of politics, the Shadow, and cosmology is not going to exactly match what the WoT reader knows. In other words, the folk of Helgen may be very wrong.

• don't accept death RP, because I typically have a pre-planned meta-plot for my write-ups. However, players can absolutely submit death requests, which I will do my best to honour. The more you RP, the more I can give you a better showing in my write-up. If you don't, I will likely just make something up.

• If you're interested in RPing, my advice to you would be to focus on a character who will fit in in a rural mountain village. Focus on some kind of occupational niche (what does your character do?) or character trait and go from there. I'll be assisting by dropping WoT lore in write-ups so it shouldn't be too difficult to wing this, but I'm not intending to go hardcore lore for this game. Basically it's perfectly possible for a player to know nothing of WoT and manage.

• While I've been basically theming things a bit Scandinavian and naming things after Wardruna songs, it is technically incorrect to have that flavour near Kandor. But I also don't really care, and Randland is big enough that I don't think this is disturbing anyone unduly. So really, this about tells you how much I am going to be lore enforcement for this one :P 

• My most important rule: have fun!
Edited by Kasimir

25 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

@Kasimir I’m going to go ahead and say I’m on pause for playing this until I get whether I’m running the LG sorted out.

Sure, I'll take you off the sign-ups first; let me know if you need to be added back in.

34 minutes ago, The Unknown Novel said:

Are there any whitecloaks in the town?

Unlikely, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Kasimir

10 hours ago, Kasimir said:

While I've been basically theming things a bit Scandinavian and naming things after Wardruna songs, it is technically incorrect to have that flavour near Kandor. But I also don't really care, and Randland is big enough that I don't think this is disturbing anyone unduly. So really, this about tells you how much I am going to be lore enforcement for this one

Say no more. I see your music group and raise you a music composer :P. Signing up as Jóhannsson [after the esteemed Jóhann Jóhannsson].

3 hours ago, The Unknown Novel said:

You can. It will probably be vanilla with extra lives after the first turn.

Realistic :P

Inb4 RNGesus makes @StrikerEZ Evil, he gets C1ed, and then we just go to vanilla game with Thugs immediately :P

2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Always read the rules

See above :P

Practically, will it even matter this game?

Real talk guys. If you do rand Evil or Elder(s), can y'all do me a favour and try not to die at least until C2/C3? :P 

2 hours ago, Bort said:

So, first order of business, lynch the GM :P

Here we go again :P

2 hours ago, |TJ| said:

Say no more. I see your music group and raise you a music composer :P. Signing up as Jóhannsson [after the esteemed Jóhann Jóhannsson].

Sold. I now expect you to RP as a composer :eyes: ggwp bro

GM Announcement:

Due to certain recent events in my RL, rollovers will now be moved to 0100hrs SGT (GMT+8.)

This should be slightly less insanely early for the Americans, and for anyone in the GMT zone, this should be 5PM for you lot (you can thank Wyrm for making me proficient with that maths) until BST happens, at which point it becomes 6PM

This entails that sign-ups will also close on 26th March 2022, at 0100hrs instead. Thank you for your understanding. I will now proceed to edit this into the sign-up post.

Edited by Kasimir

On 3/18/2022 at 5:42 AM, Kasimir said:
  • While I've been basically theming things a bit Scandinavian and naming things after Wardruna songs, it is technically incorrect to have that flavour near Kandor. But I also don't really care, and Randland is big enough that I don't think this is disturbing anyone unduly. So really, this about tells you how much I am going to be lore enforcement for this one :P 

Bortington the Blind will fit right in then as Vikings often have great beards. They might just make him the leader. He will, after all, have the most impressive beard in the land :D

2 hours ago, Bort said:

Bortington the Blind will fit right in then as Vikings often have great beards. They might just make him the leader. He will, after all, have the most impressive beard in the land :D

This cosmetic role is accepted :D 

Bring your RP game on!

1 minute ago, StrikerEZ said:

Yup, that's totally 100% accurate to how vikings act. :P

Yup. Totally. That's exactly why I'm using them as inspiration :D

====================

The doors to the longhouse slammed open, letting in the winter air and revealing... A giant snowball?

"Luna! Is this it?" The snowball spoke in a grumpy old man voice. "Yes, Bortington," it said again, in a different voice, this one feminine and lighter.

"Good! Find me a seat, and next time Luna, no conditioner on the beard..."

"Yes, Bortington," Luna replied, slipping free of the highly puffed up beard. She wore a mischievous smirk, and deliberately let Bortington walk into a column before guiding him to a seat. It was a nice seat, at the head of the table, and no-one else was using it.

"YAAARRRGHGGGHHHH!!!" The others sat around the table cheered for some reason, and one by one they stomped up to Bortington, and dumped their flagons of mead onto his head. This helped his beard settle somewhat, and Luna was able to smooth it down into an actual beard, using her arts to weave it down into a long braid like some of the others at the table.

Now that he had been revealed as actually human, just a very hairy one, the vikings(?) Bortington found himself surrounded by seemed to treat him with a great reverence.

"I guess it's an age thing," Luna wondered aloud as one of the vikings dropped a circular metal cap, complete with horns, onto Bortington's head.