SP3 link to roshar, is this Hoid?

guys this is quite obviously being told to someone on Roshar by the indubitable Hoidius. I mean who else would use ritual oils in that way? Also someone cals Yuri (or whatever her name was) Warden NIMI. Szeth calls Nightblood sword-nimi! IS THIS THE SILENCE DIVINE!!!

14 minutes ago, handleinthedark said:

I think this is being told to a scadrian, or at least someone with clear knowledge of scadrial and who has lived there. Though they need not be located there at the time of the telling.

I think it is most likely told to a Rosharan as Hoid references a drunk chull, vedens, alethi. I'm only in chapter three so far though.

Just now, Dakaladin said:

It's probably being told to a scadrian worldhopper who has visited Roshar as the person he is telling it to would be familiar with electric lights but aware of cultures on Roshar. Also he mentions Scadrial while telling the story as well.

Yes this has to be somewhere around Era 2 where someone who is native or has spent a lot of time on scadrial while also having knowledge of Roshar. The fact that Hoid essentially says-As you would call it on scadrial points to this. Though it could be a more general thing and be a rosharan who is also familiar with scadrial. But since Era 2 is after the front five of stormlight and those tech innovations are just now happening I lean towards a scadrial centered character.

Could be to iyaltl (or however you spell her name). She has scadrian ancestry and lived on roshar.

Or could be someone on silver light (that's the place the seventeenth shard is right?).

Sorry writing this off the cuff so I could be messing up names and terms.

Edited by Pathfinder

Just now, Pathfinder said:

Could be to iyaltl (or however you spell her name). Or could be someone on silver light (that's the place the seventeenth shard is right?). Sorry writing this off the cuff so I could be messing up names and terms.

that makes more sense, someone on silverlight. silverlight isn't the 17th shard, it's just a city in the cognitive realm where a lot of cosmere aware people go. 

Something interesting, he specifically says "lgihtbulbs as are common on many worlds." Lightbulbs have JUST been introduced on Scadrial. This is therefore definitely later than Era 2, probably a good bit later so that Scadrian technology can be spread to other planets. Definitely someone familiar with both Scadrial and Roshar, though.

1 hour ago, Dakaladin said:

It's probably being told to a scadrian worldhopper who has visited Roshar as the person he is telling it to would be familiar with electric lights but aware of cultures on Roshar. Also he mentions Scadrial while telling the story as well.

Other way round makes a lot more sense to me. A Rosharan worldhopper who's visited Scadrial. Like he's making references to things from all over the Cosmere, and at one point implies he's on Scadrial, but the metaphors are Rosharan. 

4 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

guys this is quite obviously being told to someone on Roshar by the indubitable Hoidius. I mean who else would use ritual oils in that way? Also someone cals Yuri (or whatever her name was) Warden NIMI. Szeth calls Nightblood sword-nimi! IS THIS THE SILENCE DIVINE!!!

This isn't Silence Divine.

3 hours ago, Zibus said:

Something interesting, he specifically says "lgihtbulbs as are common on many worlds." Lightbulbs have JUST been introduced on Scadrial. This is therefore definitely later than Era 2, probably a good bit later so that Scadrian technology can be spread to other planets. Definitely someone familiar with both Scadrial and Roshar, though.

He has mentioned in a live stream (i think secret book 2 one it was really recent) he is hoping to cosmere worlds into a SciFi/fantasy-type setting and this could be very believable in that context.. 

Edited by Blizz127

8 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

Or could be someone on silver light (that's the place the seventeenth shard is right?).

4 minutes ago, iceblade44 said:

While talking, Hoid uses the plural you in a sentence thus the implication that he is telling the story to a group, thus you can probably infer a hotpot of people from many planets

Silverlight just seems to make the most sense to me