cosmere related unscratchable itch

melaan enjoyer

Hello all!

quick intro: I read rithmatist when I was 9 and it instantly became my favourite book. It remained my favourite book until I started getting into the cosmere at around 15 and since then, I have always been a pretty big fan of his work. I have listened to hours of the 17th shard podcast, and lurk on the subreddit constantly, I've just never contributed much in either community.

this all changed approximately 12 days ago. where I was once a pretty big fan, but not all that into the larger machinations of the cosmere, i now suffer from cosmere syndrome, a condition where i am constantly thinking about the cosmere and just about nothing else most waking hours.

currently frothing, gnawing, chewing and biting everytime mr sanderson posts anything on youtube and i've been slowly but surely going insane as march progresses. I cannot understate how excited I am for the excerpts of books 3 and 4, and created a 17th shard account to finally get around to reading Aether of the Night 

i do want to be a more active member of the fandom and am also hoping to make some friends along the way : )

2 hours ago, melaan enjoyer said:

Hello all!

quick intro: I read rithmatist when I was 9 and it instantly became my favourite book. It remained my favourite book until I started getting into the cosmere at around 15 and since then, I have always been a pretty big fan of his work. I have listened to hours of the 17th shard podcast, and lurk on the subreddit constantly, I've just never contributed much in either community.

this all changed approximately 12 days ago. where I was once a pretty big fan, but not all that into the larger machinations of the cosmere, i now suffer from cosmere syndrome, a condition where i am constantly thinking about the cosmere and just about nothing else most waking hours.

currently frothing, gnawing, chewing and biting everytime mr sanderson posts anything on youtube and i've been slowly but surely going insane as march progresses. I cannot understate how excited I am for the excerpts of books 3 and 4, and created a 17th shard account to finally get around to reading Aether of the Night 

i do want to be a more active member of the fandom and am also hoping to make some friends along the way : )

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your time here :) what is your favourite cosmere book or series so far?

the stormlight archive is really what turned my gentle descent into a free-falling nosedive, but i do have to give a special shoutout to mistborn era 2. I know a lot of people prefer era 1 but i just really love the dynamics of era 2 so much more. i just love the dynamic between steris, marasi, melaan, wax and wayne and everything they get up to (especially in Bands of Mourning). I think era 1 was a little heavy for my preferences? Like the stakes felt a lot higher, and i prefer the laid-back vibe of era 2 more. Also I like the characters a lot more, so it mostly boils down to personal preference.

back to stormlight though! the magic system is insane but what really got me is the world-building and the characters.

elantris was my first cosmere book, and the twist at the end with the aons blew my mind so much that I have read (to this date) thousands of pages of epic fantasy searching for more Sanderson. i really liked the vibes of warbreaker but i the magic systems on scadrial, sel and roshar just make a little more sense to me.

also ive been waiting for the white sand omnibus to come out since i read the state of the sanderson 2021, but i only saw the indiegogo link three hours after it closed so </3 hoping to get it some other way.

9 hours ago, melaan enjoyer said:

Hello all!

Welcome to the Shard. I am 99.6% confident that you will find this particular location to be the most friendly online community ever, and you will enjoy your time here. 

On 2022/3/14 at 0:23 PM, melaan enjoyer said:

i now suffer from cosmere syndrome, a condition where i am constantly thinking about the cosmere and just about nothing else most waking hours.

currently frothing, gnawing, chewing and biting everytime mr sanderson posts anything on youtube and i've been slowly but surely going insane as march progresses.

Welcome! I used to have a similar syndrome and my suggestion for you is to write down whatever crosses your mind. Create your own diagram! That's what I do to reduce my cosmere-related anxiety, lest it overwhelms me.  Have fun exploring the cosmere!