Chapter by chapter, newer and better edition.

okay guys. I have seen a similar game to this on another thread but I thought we needed a new one. this game for those who don't know already is a game where each player writes a chapter. this is traditionally a pm game but I don't really want to just do it in pms. a player is selected to write a chapter, then by a specific deadline they submit the chapter and everyone reads it. this would go on for about a year or so per game. submitting chapters would go to the gm of the game, probably me, to share on this thread so others can play. specifics and rules still need to be set up, if anyone would like to help me with the rules I am open to suggestions. 

Now we need a book idea and a main plot line. we also need a genre, I would prefer fantasy with a bunch of other sub genres but you guys can collaborate and decide as long as you tell a proper gm. for now we only have 1 gm who is me @Thaidakar the Ghostblood.

• 5 months later...

I think I'll try. I have read a story that was written similarly before and it was an absolute mess, though. Then again, I'm pretty sure one of the rules this one had was that you can only read the chapter before the one you wrote, plus they had an extremely tight deadline. So, is the first rule I mentioned applicable here? I'll try joining either way.