Fourth Secret Novel = The Silence Divine?

I finally found a high-resolution image of the temp covers of Brandon's secret novels. It is submitted here for your consideration:

Look very, very carefully at the cover of the book on the right. I think those two objects in the air to either side of the figure in the foreground are.... two floating cities from Ashyn!

There seem to be upside-down buildings on the two objects, and other structures on top of them. In the opening chapter of Silence Divine that Brandon has read to us, there is a reference to "farms and orchards" on the skyward side of the floating cities.

What do you folks think?

1agg.jpg

Edited by Johnny Silverlight

I am assuming you are talking about the fourth?

Now, I want to believe this. Yet apart from the lights on the undersides of the objects, I must say that the upper sides don't really look different from their counterparts. Secondly from another perspective, Ashyn is accessible to the human inhabitants of Roshar now. Their spren do not pull them back and they have Elsecallers and people who can make temporary perpendicularities. It would need special explaining why they would not go their in the time between SA5 and SA6 or even during SA5. Hence Brandon would need to fit this into an already extensive canon. Thirdly, Ashyn is inside the Rosharan system. Brandon will put six more novels and presumably a lot of novellas there. Yet he said that this project was in danger of falling through the cracks.

I cannot make that match up, as much as I want to.

4 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

I am assuming you are talking about the fourth?

Now, I want to believe this. Yet apart from the lights on the undersides of the objects, I must say that the upper sides don't really look different from their counterparts. Secondly from another perspective, Ashyn is accessible to the human inhabitants of Roshar now. Their spren do not pull them back and they have Elsecallers and people who can make temporary perpendicularities. It would need special explaining why they would not go their in the time between SA5 and SA6 or even during SA5. Hence Brandon would need to fit this into an already extensive canon. Thirdly, Ashyn is inside the Rosharan system. Brandon will put six more novels and presumably a lot of novellas there. Yet he said that this project was in danger of falling through the cracks.

I cannot make that match up, as much as I want to.

Why assume action of Novela is in current times? Can be in the past.

1 minute ago, Bzhydack said:

Why assume action of Novela is in current times? Can be in the past.

I don't. But still anything he puts into canon now would have repercussions on SA 5 to SA 10, even if the novel is set in the past. And that applies most of all to the Invested Arts of Ashyn. And the character must be either killed off or whenever he or she acts anything learned or acquired on Ashyn must be put into continuity.

3 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

I don't. But still anything he puts into canon now would have repercussions on SA 5 to SA 10, even if the novel is set in the past. And that applies most of all to the Invested Arts of Ashyn. And the character must be either killed off or whenever he or she acts anything learned or acquired on Ashyn must be put into continuity.

Still dont know why this is the problem. Ashyn is there, everone know that. If novel is set in the past that mean nothing in here would impact Rosharan War in any way. 

16 minutes ago, Bzhydack said:

Still dont know why this is the problem. Ashyn is there, everone know that. If novel is set in the past that mean nothing in here would impact Rosharan War in any way. 

No. Ashyn's Invested Arts depend on infections. They are basically transferable. If Brandon introduces any power, this power will basically be available to the Rosharans as soon as the get to the point that they are exploring their stellar system.

1 minute ago, Oltux72 said:

No. Ashyn's Invested Arts depend on infections. They are basically transferable. If Brandon introduces any power, this power will basically be available to the Rosharans as soon as the get to the point that they are exploring their stellar system.

I think it’ll be harder to get to Ahsyn than you think. The entire planet is on fire.

7 minutes ago, Nameless said:

I think it’ll be harder to get to Ahsyn than you think. The entire planet is on fire.

Yep, this. Khriss even mentioned once that Ashyn is very difficult to reach, and she probably knows best about it.

Also, we dont know if Ashynite diseases can even live outside the planet without dificulty.

7 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

Putting a character with a known backstory there shows that it is possible, doesn't it?

I mean, worldhoppers have gotten on and off of Sel. That doesn’t mean it’s easy to do so, or even possible without special knowledge.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9.3.2022 at 11:50 PM, Zibus said:

Unfortunately, today's livestream seems to have quashed this theory. Brandon stated they needed 3 new stars for these books. So unless book 1 or 3 visits two separate worlds, book 4 won't be located on Ashyn.

Yumi's and Painter's planet seem to be in the same system (Yumi's planet is heavily implied to be the one seen from Painter's world which they first assumed to be a star, and there is Hoid stating that the two languages are related -->"Yumi and Painter’s languages shared a common root") so we can likely scrap that theory, unless Tress or Yumi/Painter somehow end up in another solar system, which is pretty unlikely considering the narratives.