Updating estimates on SP#3 and SP#4

Oltux72

By estimates I mean guesses. Yet I notice that quite some people guessed the/an aether world correctly. Yet I doubt they are all about aethers. In fact that is not even that desirable. So anybody ready to update his or her predictions?

And a few questions. Does anybody think that Brandon's reading of Kingmaker was not an accident, in the sense that it is one of the coming two? When exactly were #3 and #4 written? Was that before or after Brandon mentioned an idea about a sequel to Emperor's Soul?

OK, I'll go first

#3 - Emperor's Soul 2
Shai and the Gyorn - working personal title (based on the cover)

#4 - Kenton's story
I used to think this is Demoux' story primarily based on ruling out options. Yet then I thought that Brandon's perspective is much longer, so when he says old we need to really track back.

2 hours ago, Debarra said:

I guess I may find out next year since I think I'll avoid the previews for the other three.

You are much stronger than I am lol.

Another possibility for SP #3 and #4 includes the Dusk Brigade.

1 hour ago, ILuvHats said:

Another possibility for SP #3 and #4 includes the Dusk Brigade.

That raises the question of continuity, doesn't it? Apparently the Ghostbloods have connections to Threnody and it would affect the upcoming Nicelle Sauvage book, wouldn't it?

4 hours ago, Debarra said:

SP #2 will be multiverse things.

I cannot resist. We have neigh multiversal agreement on that.

SP #3 will be another Aether world I imagine.

Isn't that kind of a waste?

SP #4 is the Silence Divine I'd say with maybe Mraize as the main character.

I thought Brandon wanted to do something other than Roshar in these books.

I think:

#2 is in Perfect State universe - here we can have really wierd crossovers stuff and is logical in-universe

#3 I dont know

#4 is Silence Divine or something around it. On Ashyn. I wanna see floating cities and lanmass in constant fire. And colors and stilization of cover matches.

We know that they are all set in places we haven't seen yet in canon. The cover we have for SP#3 doesn't tell us a whole lot, except that it will likely be a romance of some sort. It could be a sequel to SP#1, but I don't know. I think that SP#4 is going to be set on Ashyn. Ashyn has floating cities, and is in a world we haven't yet seen in canon, similar to the Aether world. The cloud looking things have lights and the angles look too sharp to be clouds. I do not know what time period this will be set in, but I do not think this will be about Hoid, as Hoid isn't bald.

Secret project 3 - two people with some form of flying magic, so some combination of a Windrunner, Skybreaker, Mistborn, Steel Misting (may be Twinborn), and aethers that enable flight (as we know Syl was originally designed as a type of aether for a story Brandon was thinking of calling Climb the Sky).

Secret project 4 - set on a space station, spy thriller, future of the Cosmere but only giving hints at what will happen.

All of these will be on new worlds but may reference worlds currently known.

On 3/6/2022 at 0:00 PM, Bzhydack said:

#4 is Silence Divine or something around it. On Ashyn. I wanna see floating cities and lanmass in constant fire. And colors and stilization of cover matches.

Another element of the cover that could match Silence Divine is the clothing that the figure in the foreground is wearing. It looks like some kind of military uniform. In the two opening chapters that Brandon read, the Incubators (the organization to which the protagonist belonged) are described as wearing uniforms.

However, the Incubators' uniform is described as "blue and yellow," which doesn't match the color theme of the cover. Of course, Brandon might have changed the color of those uniforms in the new draft. Or perhaps the color theme is meant to represent the word of Ashyn and not the uniform worn by the figure we see.

I've got no clue about SP #3, but I agree that SP #4 is probably going to be set on Ashyn based on the cover art. In terms of which character it will be about that we know of, it also appears the main character on the front is bald. I highly doubt that it is Szeth, despite his relative closeness in location to Ashyn.

Instead, I think it will be Sixteen, the fellow Shallan accidentally hunts down in Lasting Integrity instead of Restares. He is bald, Shin looking, and already in the cognitive realm for some reason. Now, what makes me think that this is wrong, perhaps, is that the fellow doesn't seem to leave his house much.  Just food for thought.

Edited by Inksplotches
spacing

I think Brandon will do what he does best, plot twist. I think it unlikely to be The Silence Divine, especially since I heard somewhere that they have to map new stars into the Cosmere

Here is the WOB:

The Fife

How many planets are in the system of Lumar, and could you give us the name of the system?

Brandon Sanderson

RAFO and no. We need this to go into the star chart, and Isaac to determine what the system looks like, and we need to place it according to my thoughts on how it relates to the aether system. These are not things we can canonize yet. Glad that you're asking these questions, you will get canon answers eventually. But this is a RAFO in a "We are still making sure to figure this out."

Isaac Stewart

Lot of moving pieces there. Every time there's a new planet or new system, it has to fit canonically within everything else.

Brandon Sanderson

And I just threw three of them at Isaac.

Isaac Stewart

We'll get it figured out.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/490/#e15451

Edited by Ta'veren Kaladin

19 hours ago, Ta'veren Kaladin said:

I think Brandon will do what he does best, plot twist. I think it unlikely to be The Silence Divine, especially since I heard somewhere that they have to map new stars into the Cosmere

Here is the WOB:

Hide contents

The Fife

How many planets are in the system of Lumar, and could you give us the name of the system?

Brandon Sanderson

RAFO and no. We need this to go into the star chart, and Isaac to determine what the system looks like, and we need to place it according to my thoughts on how it relates to the aether system. These are not things we can canonize yet. Glad that you're asking these questions, you will get canon answers eventually. But this is a RAFO in a "We are still making sure to figure this out."

Isaac Stewart

Lot of moving pieces there. Every time there's a new planet or new system, it has to fit canonically within everything else.

Brandon Sanderson

And I just threw three of them at Isaac.

Isaac Stewart

We'll get it figured out.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/490/#e15451

Well, that says "new planet or new system" then "three of them". That would rule out Ashyn, but doesn't necessarily mean 3 new stars - could be a new planet around a star already on the star chart.

1 hour ago, cometaryorbit said:

Well, that says "new planet or new system" then "three of them". That would rule out Ashyn, but doesn't necessarily mean 3 new stars - could be a new planet around a star already on the star chart.

They still need the location in 3D and 2D for the CR.

3 hours ago, cometaryorbit said:

All of the star charts for planets we've visited are released, so unless they retcon things, It will be somewhere we have yet to see(in published canon)

I am going to cut my answer extra close for my predictions... (Since it is the day of the SP3 livestream)

We know that Brandon wrote these because he worried it was something he would never get around to... We know he wrote 3 for his wife and one for himself (#2 was for him). So, we guess that he worried he would never get around to Aethers and perhaps Emily likes Aethers...

We also know that 1 and 4 were bad for adjusting canon for Karen

4 has someone we have seen before. The main character appears to be male and holding a rock. It shouldn't be Vasher... It could be Baon, Galladon, Demoux, Kriss or Nazh... I want it to be Riino, but I don't think so.

3- Another Aether World. Perhaps the Aether homeworld and it is heavily focused on where the Aether's come from. Minimal interaction with Lumar because Lumar is a backworld, but readers will still find it very cool. 

4- I'm going with Kriss while she studies the Aethers on another planet.